User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

I haven't been on a picnic since childhood. That needs to change.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    i'm always planning them but would love to be surprised with one by a date. i'll take getting tipsy in nature over a bar ANY day.
    yes definately! Picnics are fun in small groups and if theres a few activities to do when its larger groups. I actually need to do it more. Also walking in the woods and talk to people is nice.

If there is a park near the place I work I will go there for lunch breaks. It calms me down and makes me relaxed. The wind and the colours.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I thought picnics only truly existed in cringeworthy romantic comedies. I don't get it at all, It's the same self-sustaining activity you do every single day, yet somehow doing so in the midst of nature produces a newfound sense of excitement, separate from whatever enjoyment can be had from gorging on an assorted variety of packed portable foods, in this most mundane of actions.

Can changing the scenery around any daily activity really produce this feeling of exuberance? Would taking a shit in the woods really be that much more pleasurable if I could admire nature in the process, all the while having the sultry midnight air pass beneath my exposed buttocks?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I like picnics in theory. And sometimes they really are as perfect as in the movies.
    But more often than not, I find little things annoying, like ants in the butter, the blanket getting wet, too much attention from angry wasps, spilling etc. I find that with picnics, less is more. I'd much rather buy a sandwich and eat it in a park, than trying to move my entire kitchen outside. I'm quite particular when it comes to cooking and cleanliness, and nature is by nature ( ) dirty

@stigmata: You really should try a shit in the woods some day. Only watch out for what everybody else may have left on the ground

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    so for my fellow lovers of the outdoor feast: what's your favorite type of picnic? hiking/exotic/spontaneous/small/group? what foodstuffs do ya like in your basket? what's the most creative picnic you've ever been on/you'd like to go on?
    I looooooooove picnics, my favorite way to eat! every meal would be a picnic if possible, hahahahaha!... any picnic any where, where I preferably cannot see much if any of civilization...I like lightly sweetened and iced tea, of various types, I brew up a delicious morrocan mint I love sandwiches on picnics... I prefer to use pesto or roasted red pepper hummus as as a spread on my sandwiches instead of stuff like mayo or mustard... I love putting hummus, baby spinach, sliced fresh tomatoes, mustard sprouts or micro greens, and a little bit of feta, all on a home made sourdough...mmmmmmmmm!

Im tired though, I will get back to you with more later
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

Banned

MBTI
    yupp

I love picnics. I would love to do a romantic one at the park, but wine is outlawed there, and a romantic picnic without wine is not a romantic picnic
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I thought picnics only truly existed in cringeworthy romantic comedies. I don't get it at all, It's the same self-sustaining activity you do every single day, yet somehow doing so in the midst of nature produces a newfound sense of excitement, separate from whatever enjoyment can be had from gorging on an assorted variety of packed portable foods, in this most mundane of actions.

Can changing the scenery around any daily activity really produce this feeling of exuberance? Would taking a shit in the woods really be that much more pleasurable if I could admire nature in the process, all the while having the sultry midnight air pass beneath my exposed buttocks?
    YEP.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    table and chairs kinda ruins the idea of picnic and makes it feel like eating in the backyard
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTe

I haven't been in a while, but I enjoy them. One of my favorite things was picnicking in a botanical garden/park that my parents would take me when I was a child. It had an amusement park nearby, so not sure how much that factored into it.

But, more recently, I enjoyed a hiking/mushroom picking/picnicking Sunday morning expedition in the woods.
    And a New England midsummer night's picnic out under the stars.

Both with a group of friends. "Romance" doesn't really add any appeal to it for me. I live in a very urban place, so I appreciate the escape.
    Peel off the napkin
    O my enemy.
    Do I terrify?