First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Aw you guys! All this while I was sleeping in bed Thank you! I'm touched

Of course we all know I'm 'touched' but that's not what I meant

Though they're all great, I have to say I like this one best

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    !
    That's it. I'm 31. I've got two years left to really make something of myself. That's the target I set myself 21 years ago. Getting close...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

RDF

Happy birthday and congrats, Sub!

MBTI
    enfp

happy birthday sub!

hope you get lots of cake!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Hopefully it was a nice day.

MBTI
    ENTP

Thanks again. I don't usually make any fuss about my birthday. The philosophy is that if I mention it to people and then nobody does anything, then that's ten times worse than if I don't mention it, because then when nothing happens I can say to myself "It's okay, they didn't know it was my birthday, I didn't mention it to anyone". That's way better than having to say "Even though I totally made sure everyone knew, nobody cared enough to arrange anything and everyone forgot"

Well, Jehovah's Witnesses in the background, plus moving around a lot and not having much of a social life most of my life, I've never had people to do anything with until recently.

I had nothing planned for today but my friend Greg called me up last week and asked me to come over 'next Wednesday' to help him with some gardening, but it turned out he'd invited a load of people over for a big birthday lunch for me It's honestly the first time in my whole life anyone's made anything of my birthday
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

awwww... see, your friends like you!

I'm glad that you got to have a birthday celebration!

*great, now I'm feeling somewhat warm and fuzzy from reading that ... or maybe it's the coffee*
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Heh, yeah, bit of emotional scarring there I think from childhood - the idea that I'm just an afterthought, not really important and never in the forefront of anyone's thoughts or considerations... I guess to this day even if I have people who are not like that and who I know really care, I still wouldn't really want to put it to the test cos the feeling is that I'd be setting myself up for heartbreak, then I'd feel stupid and petty for setting so much store over something as stupid as a birthday, of course the other people couldn't have any way of knowing all the baggage that was behind it and why it was more than just a birthday, so it'd be unfair on them to place such expectations, such importance as it were, in their observance of something that to them, must seem pretty trivial. Grown-ups aren't supposed to make much of their birthdays, after all. Parties are for kids and students lol

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if you've never had a birthday celebration in the past and had to watch everyone else have one, it's perfectly acceptable for you to make just as big of a deal about it as you want!

my birthday is National Day of Mourning in Mexico, and my family members tend to choose that day to die... needless to say, it's rarely celebrated and I'd rather just skip it over
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Grown-ups aren't supposed to make much of their birthdays, after all. Parties are for kids and students lol
    As Xander would say: Balderdash! A birth day is exactly that: a celebration of life. Sure, it may not always be with balloons, cake, alcohol and strippers, but it's nice to be remembered and celebrated.

Incidentally, aelan and i have always had our birthdays celebrated for us. Think i said it somewhere before too, that one never eats alone, where we come from. It makes me feel sad to hear others have their birthdays forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my birthday is National Day of Mourning in Mexico, and my family members tend to choose that day to die... needless to say, it's rarely celebrated and I'd rather just skip it over
    ack.

hmmm... just thinking that it kinda suits the witch persona you were hankering after...bubble, trouble, brim and boil?
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Grown-ups aren't supposed to make much of their birthdays, after all. Parties are for kids and students lol
    Since when were you grown up!