User Tag List

123 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default My fire alarm has been 'low battery' beeping for 3 weeks

I'm going to use this thread to document my descent into madness.

There are 10 fire alarms in this apartment.

I can't find the one that is beeping every 40 seconds.

But every 40 seconds it beeps

for the past 3 weeks

And its loud

40 seconds

beep

beep

beep
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Can't you pull the batteries out of one at a time for a minute?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Apparently they can beep without batteries in them. I tried that.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

What about starting a fire and the one that doesn't go off properly is the one?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Now thats an avenue I hadn't considered.

Beep

~

Glad I could help.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The real problem here is that I can only hear out of one ear.

This makes it impossible to tell the direction which a sound is coming from.

beep

This means that to figure it out ive had to try and play a game of 'Hot/col' with sound by standing underneath each fire alarm and trying to determine if the sound haw gotten louder or quieter.

beep

This is much harder to do with hearing aids than one might expect. beep

and the only chair I have in this apartment to stand on is a swiveling chair. So when i tried to stand on it to get my good ear really close to the alarm, it spun, and i beep fell down.

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Then someone told me if I took the batteries out of the alarm and pressed the Test/Reset button the beeping would stop

As it turns out, this test alarm makes a FUCKING LOUD BLARING ALARM GO OFF.

I was not prepared for this, and chose to hit the reset button at 6am in the morning. beep

The girl who sleeps above the room where I pushed the button probably didn't appreciate that wake-up call. beep

beep

Also, it continued to beep after hitting the test button

beep

~

What about shoving a toilet plunger over them to dull the noise? You could also blow smoke at them. Put the lit end of a smoke in your mouth and blow at them.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

The probelm with making them go off, is that theyre wired into the wall together. So when the one in the kitchen goes off, all the ones in the bedrooms go off, too.

beep

~