First 4567 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Why can't your ENTJ fix it for you?

Seriously I would have gone batshit and taken them all down within a day.
    Lolll. In the last 3 years he has been to my apartments a grand total of 2 times. He doesn't come to my shithole apartments ever.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Dude, I would totally get a different ENTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Dude, I would totally get a different ENTJ.
    He has a nice big house.... With properly functioning fire alarms.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Then it's mean for him to not fix yours.

But to each their own.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Ok, this is going to annoy me. The two alarms are beeping at separate intervals. So the beeps which were previously 4 seconds apart now seems to be 14 seconds apart.

WHY ARENT THEY EVEN?!

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

1) Drive to Wal-Mart

2) Buy a hammer

3) Smash every fucking alarm in the house

4) Tell your landlord to replace them

5)...wait...why didn't you just tell the landlord in the first place?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

5)...wait...why didn't you just tell the landlord in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    It's sort of a small and poorly managed apartment complex. Theres a nice lady named Patty who handles everything for the landlord. She has no idea how to do anything, how to fix anything, or really... anything useful. Theres also a nice maintenance man named Steve. There is no formal way to contact Steve when you need something fixed, and asking Patty to contact Steve results in..... nothing. We had a broken toilet in the old apartment for 7 weeks, because we just kept calling Patty. One time we ran into Steve outside and told Steve about it, and it got fixed in 2 days. I haven't seen Steve to ask him. Theres a nice guard named Elliot. Elliot likes me because, according to him, I am the most mature tenant here and I cause the least problems for him because I'm quiet and I keep to myself. I decided 2 weeks ago that I was going to ask Elliot to come in and figure it out. I haven't seen Elliot on duty for the past 2 weeks. He was supposedly going to quit in March. I guess he left early?

I keep hoping I'll run into Steve. I think Steve is my last hope.
    It's spring break. I think Steve and the guards are off duty. Theres like a grand total of 3 students here.

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Go sleep at the ENTJs huge lovely house with non-beeping alarms?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Go sleep at the ENTJs huge lovely house with non-beeping alarms?
    I did last night.

Not really because of the alarms. Ive pretty much gotten used to them.

Im just confused as to why I have replaced 6 batteries and the beeping is still commencing

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

So today my biological father contacted me to see if I wanted to have dinner with him. Kind of an odd proposal, given that I barely know my biological father AND he lives about 3 hours away from me. But I guess he had 3 days off work, and felt like making the 3 hour drive to take me out for food. So I seized the opportunity and invited him inside to help me with my fire alarm debacle.

The problem with this? He's hearing impaired as well. His hearing loss isn't quite as severe as mine, but he has the same deal where he can't hear out of his left ear hardly at all. So detecting what direction a sound is coming from? Nope.

But nonetheless he systematically moved through every fire alarm tinkering with them. I showed him which 6 batteries were the good ones (they're a different brand than the original batteries). He switched them around, flipped what direction they were facing, and eventually tried to pull a couple fire alarms out of the wall, only to realize that when you disconnect the wiring all 9 other fire alarms start blaring.

Ultimately, we gave up, went to dinner, and he headed home.

beep
    beep

~