User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Talking is important, especially in raiding an PVP. Especially considering my role in raids is the Tank. Basically, I'm the person that the boss gets to punch in the face while everyone else kills him. But I have to 'rotate cooldowns' which are just abilities that make me take less damage. If I run out of cooldowns, I have to call out to the healers to hit their cooldowns. These calls and reactions have to happen in seconds. Or if something unexpected happens, and I have to move a boss.... I have to call out to everyone to change their positions, because the boss will kill anyone who is in front of him. In some fights, 2 tanks have to trade the boss back and forth. So I need to be able to call out "TAUNT!" and the other tank has to do it instantly.

Not to mention, during intense boss fights when you're focusing, most people don't pay attention to chat box. Theres too much other shit to do.

There was actually a big drama on one server recently. One of the top 10 guilds in the US had one of their raiders go deaf in some sort of accident. The guild leader asked him if he was going to be able to use Vent, he said no, and they kicked him out of the guild. There are certainly guild who do it without voice chat, but it's impossible for you to be THE BEST without it. So they just got rid of him.
    That sounds intense! When I played WoW, I really only played solo, PvE, and as a Mage. There was a high-level Death Knight friend I had who would occasionally run me through low-level instances near the start of the game. There were also a couple of cases of an unaffiliated group of people that either had no guild, or were from different guilds, letting me run through a dungeon with them. I never even heard anyone suggest using Vent, except one guy who just wanted me to hear his voice. But I was never in a guild.

Your Si comment actually has had me reading up on the functions here. I kind of fail to see how anthropomorphizing an inanimate object is indicative of Si. It seemed like more of an N thing to me. Ne? Curious why you chose Si.
    Well, it's something that came from a description of Si that was written by a member here a long time ago. He said that while Ni tends to anthropomorphize ideas, and identify them with the self, give them human qualities, etc... that Si tends to anthropomorphize physical things, like sounds or objects.

It could be totally wrong, though, the only reason I remembered it was because someone revived a thread in which he discussed it recently. I just found the coincidence that you did this, and are a dominant Si user, somewhat funny, because it made his prediction seem accurate.

MBTI
    INTJ

Stand on a desk?

Assuming only one dud alarm:

Buy one battery and put it in alarm 1.
    Take old battery from alarm 1 and put in alarm 2.
    Take old battery from alarm 2 and put in alarm 3.
    Etc

And as soon as it becomes clear the beeping is coming from bedroom number FIVE...

Run, run for your life.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Stand on a desk?

Assuming only one dud alarm:

Buy one battery and put it in alarm 1.
    Take old battery from alarm 1 and put in alarm 2.
    Take old battery from alarm 2 and put in alarm 3.
    Etc

And as soon as it becomes clear the beeping is coming from bedroom number FIVE...

Run, run for your life.
    +1.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    +1.
    Goddamnit I already got THREE batteries and replaced all 3. It has to be one of those.

Heres the plan. Im getting on Ventrilo on my laptop tonight. You're all coming into my channel. Im going to hold down my mic button as I stand next to all of the alarms and hold my laptop up to it. You're all going to vote on which alarm it is. Winner gets a prize.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Holy shit, theres definitely 2 going off now. I didn't even notice it until someone on Skype pointed it out, but I'm getting a beep, and then 4 seconds later another beep. then a 36 second pause, beep beep, pause, beep beep, pause, beep beep.

Ive bought 6 9volt batteries. Ive seriously replaced the ones it HAS to be.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I feel like the beep has lived here long enough that i should name him and be friends with him. I'll call him Ed.

Hi Ed!
    beep
    How are you today?
    beep
    Thats great! I'm good, too.
    beep
    I know, the weather has been terrible lately.
    beep
    Me too, Ed. Me too.
    beep
    Goodnight, Ed.
    beep
    beep
    beep...
    Fixed it for you!

While it's not funny, you're killing me Patches!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think I'll name the 2nd beep Charlie.

~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would have smashed that mother fucker with a hammer by now.

Ed: beep
    Charlie: beep
    Patches: STFU!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why can't your ENTJ fix it for you?

Seriously I would have gone batshit and taken them all down within a day.