User Tag List

First 23456 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I changed the batteries in the loud ones though!

BUT STILL

beep

beep

beep

beeep

beeeeeeeeeeeep

THATS IT.

Go buy a pack of brand new STRONG batteries. and replace ALL of them. NOT WORTH THE PSYCHOLOGICAL SUFFERING!

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    THATS IT.

Go buy a pack of brand new STRONG batteries. and replace ALL of them. NOT WORTH THE PSYCHOLOGICAL SUFFERING!

THOSE WERE new batteries. I just pulled them out of the packaging.

Sigh. I guess Im off to Walmart.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's sort of a small and poorly managed apartment complex. Theres a nice lady named Patty who handles everything for the landlord. She has no idea how to do anything, how to fix anything, or really... anything useful. Theres also a nice maintenance man named Steve. There is no formal way to contact Steve when you need something fixed, and asking Patty to contact Steve results in..... nothing. We had a broken toilet in the old apartment for 7 weeks, because we just kept calling Patty. One time we ran into Steve outside and told Steve about it, and it got fixed in 2 days. I haven't seen Steve to ask him. Theres a nice guard named Elliot. Elliot likes me because, according to him, I am the most mature tenant here and I cause the least problems for him because I'm quiet and I keep to myself. I decided 2 weeks ago that I was going to ask Elliot to come in and figure it out. I haven't seen Elliot on duty for the past 2 weeks. He was supposedly going to quit in March. I guess he left early?

I keep hoping I'll run into Steve. I think Steve is my last hope.
    7 weeks to fit a toilet in addition to your fire alarm problem? I'd be moving out.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    7 weeks to fit a toilet in addition to your fire alarm problem? I'd be moving out.
    Its cheaper, and security-wise it's one of the safer places I've stayed at. Guards at entrances and doors that can't be unlocked without key cards. The last apartment complex i stayed at used to have regular break-ins because there was no security and I live in a shady area.

Plus I have an entire 4-bedroom apartment to myself for the next year and a half for 1/4th of the cost. This is my fortress of solitude and Im staying here. =)
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Ive been doing that. I'm just having a really hard time because of my hearing problems. Some of the rooms it sounds louder because they're empty and the sound is echoing. The only way I can really tell is to stand on a chair and get my head right next to the fire alarms, which is how I have it narrowed down to 2. But my only chair swivels and I have no balance. I have fallen a grand total of 6 times now.
    You poor darling. :ouch:

Lure a friend or two with beer and pizza, to help out.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I feel like the beep has lived here long enough that i should name him and be friends with him. I'll call him Ed.

Hi Ed!
    beep
    How are you today?
    beep
    Thats great! I'm good, too.
    beep
    I know, the weather has been terrible lately.
    beep
    Me too, Ed. Me too.
    beep
    Goodnight, Ed.

~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I feel like the beep has lived here long enough that i should name him and be friends with him. I'll call him Ed.

Hi Ed!
    beep
    How are you today?
    beep
    Thats great! I'm good, too.
    beep
    I know, the weather has been terrible lately.
    beep
    Me too, Ed. Me too.
    beep
    Goodnight, Ed.
    LOL. That is such an Si thing to do.

This is going to sound like an odd suggestion, but have you considered simply turning off your hearing aid and wearing earplugs in your ears so that you won't have to hear the beeping? If you're practically deaf without it, surely you wouldn't notice that sound.

I mean, if there's no way to get anyone out there who will change the batteries, then that's another possible solution.

I think there should be an "off" switch on smoke detectors, especially the hard-wired ones. You don't know how many times I've been pissed off when one of those things goes off due to a little smoke in the kitchen, and there's no way to get it to stop blaring. Unless I take it down and pull out the battery, which wouldn't work if it's hardwired, meaning I'd just have to sit there and let it blare until it was done. Oh, I hate smoke detectors.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I can't hear it when my hearing aids are off. And I spend a lot of time with them out.

But I spend most of my free time using Ventrilo or Skype to talk to people as I play videogames with them. Honestly, I communicate with my ENTJ more over the computer than I do in person - and he only lives a block away. When doing raids in WoW, I have to be able to hear my fellow raiders. So I also need to have them on a lot.

I have people who are refusing to let me in Skype calls with them anymore because the beep is driving them mad.

~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I can't hear it when my hearing aids are off. And I spend a lot of time with them out.

But I spend most of my free time using Ventrilo or Skype to talk to people as I play videogames with them. Honestly, I communicate with my ENTJ more over the computer than I do in person - and he only lives a block away. When doing raids in WoW, I have to be able to hear my fellow raiders. So I also need to have them on a lot.

I have people who are refusing to let me in Skype calls with them anymore because the beep is driving them mad.
    The raiding thing would be difficult to overcome, because you need to have your hands free to control your character. You can't really type to each other in the middle of the game. Unless of course all of you have amazing Se reflexes, and master switching between typing and controlling very quickly.

This makes me wonder how a group of deaf people would conduct raids...

When using Skype or Ventrilo for normal conversations, though, you could always insist that the person type to you. Disable the sound or something, and say that your headphones aren't working, or something, so you can't hear them.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Talking is important, especially in raiding an PVP. Especially considering my role in raids is the Tank. Basically, I'm the person that the boss gets to punch in the face while everyone else kills him. But I have to 'rotate cooldowns' which are just abilities that make me take less damage. If I run out of cooldowns, I have to call out to the healers to hit their cooldowns. These calls and reactions have to happen in seconds. Or if something unexpected happens, and I have to move a boss.... I have to call out to everyone to change their positions, because the boss will kill anyone who is in front of him. In some fights, 2 tanks have to trade the boss back and forth. So I need to be able to call out "TAUNT!" and the other tank has to do it instantly.

Not to mention, during intense boss fights when you're focusing, most people don't pay attention to chat box. Theres too much other shit to do.

There was actually a big drama on one server recently. One of the top 10 guilds in the US had one of their raiders go deaf in some sort of accident. The guild leader asked him if he was going to be able to use Vent, he said no, and they kicked him out of the guild. There are certainly guild who do it without voice chat, but it's impossible for you to be THE BEST without it. So they just got rid of him.

Your Si comment actually has had me reading up on the functions here. I kind of fail to see how anthropomorphizing an inanimate object is indicative of Si. It seemed like more of an N thing to me. Ne? Curious why you chose Si.

~