User Tag List

First 30383940414250 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I hate the Christian God, wait, no, I don't because he is a nonentity, rather, I hate the corrosive effects of Christianity.

Christianity, what a malignant cancer.

Ugh.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hey, all you sinners, have no fear!!!

Continue to be assholes, Jesus SAVES!!!

Continue to lie, cheat, and steal, Jesus will forgive you for all your sins!!!

Christianity = A religion catered to and for unaccountable assholes.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I hope you know that the Christian God hates what the guy in the pic above is doing. (Oh yeah, and those Klan guys a few pages back are stuck in some pretty gnarly sin too.)
    I think Martin Luther King Jr. was an awesome person, and he also happened to be a Christian, so not *all* of you are necessarily idiotic or evil, but still, I do *not* like most Christians.

Excluding, like, four of five exceptions, every active Christian I have met has been a shady, insidiously "bad" person.

Ugh, and they totally hide their ugliness of character behind their pious Christian faith.

God, these people are intolerable, such hypocritical and dangerous scum.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

True. We're not called to make converts. We are called to be faithful witnesses.
    Matthew 28.... pretty sure that is a clear command to make converts....
    I hope you know that the Christian God hates what the guy in the pic above is doing.
    Pretty sure Romans chapter 1 paints a pretty good description of how much "God" does indeed hate "fags"

Don't kid yourself Owl, the bible is full of intolerance.

(no offense! I'm an NF.... love me!)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post

Pretty sure Romans chapter 1 paints a pretty good description of how much "God" does indeed hate "fags"

I love you, and your avatar!!!

And, yeah, don't even get me started on the whole vector of conversion aspect of Christianity, ugh, such imposing, awfulness.

Christians love to conquer and royally fuck other people in the ass and then convert their tattered souls to Christianity, such chutzpah!!!

And what is truly shocking, is that they usually succeed in doing it?!?!?

WTF?!?!?!?

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Don't kid yourself Owl, the bible is full of intolerance. (no offense! I'm an NF.... love me!)
    You can only expect that if someone's brought up Christian, and believes in God and the power of Christ, and happen to turn out gay, they'd want everything to be OK.

Everyone wants everything to be OK, whether it makes any damn sense or not. Dawkin's "God Delusion" puts it well enough, in that people pick and choose what God really believes based on their own morality.

P.S. Phelps whole "fag thing" sucks. I grew up about a mile and a half from their "compound." Come to think of it, I've been there, because I was hangin' with one of Fred's grandkids.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I hate the Christian God, wait, no, I don't because he is a nonentity, rather, I hate the corrosive effects of Christianity.

Christianity, what a malignant cancer.

Ugh.
    There's a parable of Jesus where he likens the kingdom of God to a field sewn with wheat. Weeds that, in their early stages, are initially indiscernible from the wheat sprout up with the wheat, but they are allowed to grow until harvest, because if they were pulled beforehand, they might uproot some of the wheat.

I mention this because I wouldn't want you to mistake a weed for wheat. Even if, in the end, you believe that Christianity is false, at least make sure you know what it really teaches.

I can say without a doubt that I know what christianity teaches and I still find it to be a malignant cancer.

MBTI
    INTP

Hey, all you sinners, have no fear!!!

Continue to be assholes, Jesus SAVES!!!

Continue to lie, cheat, and steal, Jesus will forgive you for all your sins!!!

Christianity = A religion catered to and for unaccountable assholes.
    ^Perfect example of a weed.

I think Martin Luther King Jr. was an awesome person, and he also happened to be a Christian, so not *all* of you are necessarily idiotic or evil, but still, I do *not* like most Christians.

Excluding, like, four of five exceptions, every active Christian I have met has been a shady, insidiously "bad" person.

Ugh, and they totally hide their ugliness of character behind their pious Christian faith.

God, these people are intolerable, such hypocritical and dangerous scum.
    MLK was a true Christian.

I once got ambushed outside of work by a Christian. He and his friends pulled up alongside of me at a stoplight, and he jumped out of their car and punched me in the face. I had to get several stiches in my lip. Why? Because I had the audacity to share what I believe with his wife (who works with me). Apparently some of what I said got back to him, he couldn't answer rationally, and so he hit me in the face.

But I don't hate him, or his congregation. For I understand why Jesus died, and why he could say on the cross, "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do."

No offense taken.

Mat 28 is a command to make disciples. God does the converting, then he uses the church to teach his people to follow all that he has commanded. Missionary work is important, but any missionary who thinks he can make converts is misguided--but he can be a faithful witness, and God may use his witness to soften the hearts of the hardened.

I said that what the man in the pic was doing was wrong. All Christians are to practice true tolerance; they are to forebear with the sins of others, and they are to be gentle in their witness.

interesting doctrine totally unsupported by the bible. Of course i guess that's the wonderful thing about the bible... at some point people decided because it's all convoluted and contradictory that you didn't have to take it literal anymore and could just pick and choose which parts you wanted to follow...