User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Heh. Sorry, didn't notice your post to CC. It is a good opportunity. Keep on asking. I wrote more to your questions but I realised it might not be appropriate here AND I've noted CC's new post lol Make a new thread if you want and we + others can carry on from there. Just don't title it with Religion, please

It's good that you'll leave it up to others. My next question is: are you open that you might be wrong? Or that you might change your mind again or in future?
    Yes, there is a chance that I might be wrong. But that chance gets smaller as i go through my journey with God. God isnt something that you can prove, but you can know Him. And through a relationship with Him comes faith.

I, being an INTJ, am always looking for truth. Before I became a christian I investigated all other religions. And what i found is that with many of them you always have to do something. Whereas with Christianity Jesus has done it all for you. He died for you and he has forgiven you. Now all that he asks for is relationship, so that you may experience the true love of your Father and the true freedom that lies in Him.

There is a chance that I might change my mind in the future. But if that happens it will be because of experiential reasons. The atheist who denies God's existence doesnt make God any less real than what he really is. How real is God? Open your heart and you'll find out.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

LaFeeVerte, if you don't mind my asking, what do/did you think of this post?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I asked these jellyfish if they thought Jesus died for their sins

They declined to comment.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by LaFeeVerte View Post
    Yes, there is a chance that I might be wrong. But that chance gets smaller as i go through my journey with God. God isnt something that you can prove, but you can know Him. And through a relationship with Him comes faith.
    this is something that didnt make sense to me when i was a young child. i was often told that i should "talk to god" and that god would "talk to me", but i would ask things like "how do i know whether god is talking to me or whether its just me thinking?" and i never really got anything but more vague explanations of the mechanics. any thoughts?

...i think it's kinda funny how my interjection as a kid that suggested "interaction with god" was simply imagined is still valid. ah well, at least i wasnt a dumb kid!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    The number of versions of Christianity and the inability to distinguish which one is correct if any. Christians read the same bible, prays to the same God and come to completely different conclusions. I decided that if God is so incapable or unwilling to communicate effectively he is either inept, apathetic or nonexistent. I figured nonexistence was the most likely pending further evidence.
    Well that is a very interesting comment and I am willing to investigate. But I will say this. I assume that true Christianity is completely biblical. If it doesn't match up to whats in the Bible then it isnt what God intended. Are you sure that it isnt our inability to clearly hear God?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

...Oy vey!!!
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

asinus asinum fricat

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

I, being an INTJ, am always looking for truth. Before I became a christian I investigated all other religions. And what i found is that with many of them you always have to do something. Whereas with Christianity Jesus has done it all for you.
    No work? It must be true!

He died for you and he has forgiven you. Now all that he asks for is relationship, so that you may experience the true love of your Father and the true freedom that lies in Him.
    Christianity has you do things too. They hide it in the terms of the relationship.

Die to yourself and to the world
    Only straight married sex
    No lustful thoughts (I never could do that. Such a little horn dog )
    Don't think for yourself, let the Bible do your thinking for you
    Tithing 10% of your income (That's a lot of money if you don't have much)
    And endless litany of Dos and Don'ts differing depending on who you ask

There is a chance that I might change my mind in the future. But if that happens it will be because of experiential reasons. The atheist who denies God's existence doesnt make God any less real than what he really is. How real is God? Open your heart and you'll find out.
    The Christian who asserts God's existence doesn't make God any more real than he really is.

Well that is a very interesting comment and I am willing to investigate. But I will say this. I assume that true Christianity is completely biblical. If it doesn't match up to whats in the Bible then it isnt what God intended. Are you sure that it isnt our inability to clearly hear God?
    Dude, that's what I said. How does one determine which version of Christianity is the correct one?

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    The Christian who asserts God's existence doesn't make God any more real than he really is.
    A correction! "...doesn't make God any more real than he really isn't."

Excuse me. My funny bone is beginning to fall asleep

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

The Christian who asserts God's existence doesn't make God any more real than he really isn't.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles