User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Rant: mosquito ringtones

I hate those things! They hurt my ears and make me so angry! My students think they're being cute and sly by using them instead of regular ringtones, but the sound bores holes into my eardrums and sends me into a fury. I'm still seething from some lame jackass last period who used it on his phone and was too much of a coward to fess up. I could wring his neck!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    I hate those things! They hurt my ears and make me so angry! My students think they're being cute and sly by using them instead of regular ringtones, but the sound bores holes into my eardrums and sends me into a fury. I'm still seething from some lame jackass last period who used it on his phone and was too much of a coward to fess up. I could wring his neck!
    Mosquito Ringtones

I honestly don't know how you can put up with those little shit heads. I have three of my own and our son can be a little hell raiser and it's because of that I would never want to be a teacher.

Bless you Faith for choosing this as your profession as we need wonderful educators like you!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Do they make smoke alarm ringtones? That would drive me nuts. I hate smoke alarms.

MBTI
    INFJ

At least a mosquito buzzing ringtone wouldn't scare me out of my skin. I am sooo easily startled and sudden ringtones going off loudly (even my own!) are scary.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Everyone laughs at me when my phone rings
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

It's not the sound of a mosquito, it's a high pitched noise that is supposed to disperse youth because people as ancient as me and faith here aren't supposed to be able to hear them.

The bad news is that I can, and up a few thousand Hz higher, too...

This reminds me of about 6 months ago when my coworker was working on some firmware and the noise was driving me insane. I finally found what it was and nobody else could hear it. Nobody. They thought I was crazy until I dug up a frequency test and showed that they were just all going deaf. My coworker that was working on the firmware is in his early 30s and can't hear frequencies above 11kHz...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Ah, that. Yeah, I can hear in those frequencies pretty well too, *shudders* too well... ><
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    istp

i dont understand why people need ringtones since vibrate is feature that is found on most mobile devices today. the point of these is that you carry them with you, and if you're carrying one with you, then you can feel it vibrate. the only exception i see is putting them in a purse or backpack, but then again, why even do that since they're plenty small enough to go in a pocket?

better yet, vibration is something you can be alerted to regardless of the ambient volume... library or roaring city streets.

perhaps someone can explain this to me...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

As tight as women's jean styles are right now, cells don't necessarily fit real comfortably in a pocket.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers