Ah, I took the OP as more than "Oh, I think this person is neato."
    Yeah, me too.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I was watching this episode of Friends last night and wondered why women are more comfortable discussing this type of thing (see middle of video) and men are not. Ask any hetero group of lets say 5 guys, who in their group they would date and I'm quite sure their reaction would be to scoff at the mere suggestion and deny and that such a thing could ever happen, while we women would actually think about it and give an answer.

While I am not gay I am also not ashamed to admit that I have had girl crushes in the past. Why can't more people feel comfortable within their own sexuality to discuss these things?
    The reason why women are more comfortable discussing this sort of thing, to put it bluntly, is because women are pretty and men are ugly. If you want to sell something to a man, then you put a beautiful woman in the advertisement. On the other hand if you want to sell something to a woman, then you still put a beautiful woman in the picture. I've flipped through a few women's magazines like Cosmo and such. A lot of times there are naked women in there too. The difference is that they are selling perfume or women's underwear or something. With all those naked women in advertisements, it's no wonder that women might consider the type of woman they'd want if they "switched teams".
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I think Ivy and Cafe are neato, but they're more like bf's or close family members to me. I am always happy to see them and will always have time for them, but if I were a gay or a guy I wouldn't choose them to shack up with even though I love them dearly. Hopefully that's a better explanation.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    Agreed! She's even more beautiful IRL!
    Someone that knows Toonia in meatspace other than Martoon...? More of the Minnesotan invasion?

She's mighty cute. I miss seeing her about.

For guys... I can't say I've ever had a thing for any, really. The closest might be my brother's friend that became my friend. If I was female I would have dated him because he's awesome and lovable.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    And she's so cute you just want to drag her to the top of a building and drop M&Ms on passersby with her.
    For a mintute there as I skimmed your words I read it as saying, "And she's so cute you just want to drag her to the top of a building and drop her..." haha.

MBTI
    infp

Yah, I think guys are more hesitant to discuss this. I know I am, although I'm very private about it in general.

Would I date a friend? Maybe, depends who. The funny thing about men is that a friend situation can quickly change into more. If a women invites a male friend over and takes off her clothes and asks him to have sex, my money is betting he'll comply. I think someone on this forum may have done that, actually, if I remember correctly.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    If a women invites a male friend over and takes off her clothes and asks him to have sex, my money is betting he'll comply. I think someone on this forum may have done that, actually, if I remember correctly.
    *raises eyebrow* Who's that then?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

not me! I read through all of my drunk posts the next morning and never had anything like that!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    not me! I read through all of my drunk posts the next morning and never had anything like that!
    I already know the answer to this, but would you like to share your MBTI crushes with everyone else?

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    *raises eyebrow* Who's that then?
    I don't remmeber who it was, and if I did I wouldn't say it cause it's that person's choice.

Why such a big smiling, female icon?