User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yep- below 0 windchill and I had a nice 2/3 mile walk over an overpass back from the bus stop it was very cold- nothing to block the wind! I thought that my ears may freeze and fall off!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Me loveses Chinook! +9 (that's 48 for those of you still stuck on the more archaic system).
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

14 degrees here with some snow on the ground. Brrr. It's pretty but please Spring come! Please, please come!
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yep- below 0 windchill and I had a nice 2/3 mile walk over an overpass back from the bus stop it was very cold- nothing to block the wind! I thought that my ears may freeze and fall off!
    I wouldn't even do that for the seventy two virgins. Self sacrifice is one thing. Weather like that is worse than suicide. You have to live through it.

Say, have you ever read Dante's Inferno?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

wow it was like 75 in Dallas fort worth today.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

Sydney today was a lovely 26 degrees celsius, warm sun, a light breeze and some rain this evening.

Perfect summer day.

I can't begin to even imagine what 17 below zero feels like.

I miss the cold weather like crazy. It was 58 today here, and that counts as a cold snap. I grew up in New Jersey and went to school in Syracuse, and I love that northeast weather. I know people move to Southern California specifically for the weather, but I hate it.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I wouldn't even do that for the seventy two virgins. Self sacrifice is one thing. Weather like that is worse than suicide. You have to live through it.

You just put on a bunch of layers, get a thick hat/hood, possibly a scarf and a couple of socks, and go for it.

(I have only rarely experienced weather that cold, actually, but the above is a strategy that seems to work.)

I seem to have an unusual relationship with cold weather. Sometimes, it might be around 40 fahrenheit with a bit of wind and I will be feeling cold in long pants and a long sleeved shirt, yet other times (such as last weekend), I'll go outside, think "This is warm enough for a tee shirt and shorts", and someone else will say "do you realize its freezing?". There is overall a lot of randomness in whether I feel cold or not, though I am less sensitive to it overall in winter than summer.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post

Indeed- I was starting to feel like I was in the innermost canto of the Inferno being blasted by the wind from Satan's wings!

I was hungry and wanted to get home quicker to get my food
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I miss the cold weather like crazy. It was 58 today here, and that counts as a cold snap. I grew up in New Jersey and went to school in Syracuse, and I love that northeast weather. I know people move to Southern California specifically for the weather, but I hate it.
    You and me both. I grew up in the Midwest and the summer was always my least favorite season. My friends were very surprised to hear that I was moving to south Florida. I've always liked the winter. I'm anxious to get back to it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."