User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    That's not a very likely choice for an NF.
    Good point.

Well just try not to become a tin man: The Tin Man

"Something not to be overlooked about the Tin Man is how he is made of impenetrable metal, not flesh. This is a powerful symbol, meant to draw your attention to something important about this character. When Catalysts get emotionally injured, they tend to erect psychological "barriers" to avoid suffering further damage. It's a completely understandable reaction. The paradox is that the same barriers which protect them from getting wounded will also act as barriers that inadvertently preclude them from feeling loved."

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Good point.

Well just try not to become a tin man: The Tin Man

"Something not to be overlooked about the Tin Man is how he is made of impenetrable metal, not flesh. This is a powerful symbol, meant to draw your attention to something important about this character. When Catalysts get emotionally injured, they tend to erect psychological "barriers" to avoid suffering further damage. It's a completely understandable reaction. The paradox is that the same barriers which protect them from getting wounded will also act as barriers that inadvertently preclude them from feeling loved."
    This response is so Fe.

MBTI
    xNTP

This response is so Fe.
    Damnit, I'm over my Fe. The next person that mentions me in the same sentence as Fe is done for

What a sec, my response or the text I quoted? Because the text I quoted was likely written by an INFJ.

BTW, if you meant the former then it could be Si because I just recalled a snippet of info that I haven't read is a few months.

MBTI
    OMNi

I've figured it out! I'm smarter than everybody and the fact that people disagree with me is just evidence of their stupidity! It's so clear now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I've figured it out! I'm smarter than everybody and the fact that people disagree with me is just evidence of their stupidity! It's so clear now.
    Wait... I thought you were an IN F J!
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

That's funny, I was going to say exactly that but felt it might be offensive.
    The basic T/F difference... I have no gauge.

MBTI
    Zzzz

I know it frustrates me to try to correct the misunderstandings created by ignorance which I see fueling the flames of hatred burning down all of the Earth's forests of reasonings and little specks of intelligent shrubbery and all the pretty flowers of potential goodness.....

I can't speak for other NFs but I know that INFJs find it hard to stop, when they feel/think someone is misgiven about anything, as they want to help them in understanding their reasonings, right or wrong though the INFJ may be. So it's too much Fe-ing wanting to connect to other's...it's when (if? ) we lose perspective, by getting so heated and hurt b/c people misunderstood our good intentions, that we forget how to better connect with others so as to make them come to reason.

You can't help everyone, as you can't always be right about everything (though maybe you are...). It's when we become emotionally mature that we can stop being emotionally unhealthy when people rub us the wrong way b/c they're too fucking stupid/ignorant/stubborn to get it..*ahem*..and then you can learn how to 'overcome' them (influence them...) into understaning why they're wrong (seeing it your way..) and everyone is happy they realised they were ignorant and all that bad jazz(you won...)

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    INFJs are stubborn bastards.
    Yeah it's true. INTJs will just write you off, but INFJs will keep coming at you. They will concoct new and creative ways to make you see the light. They can't seem to let it go. I admire that in a way, but sometimes they are either wrong or fighting so hard to win the battle that they lose the war. Great people, but sometimes they just need to lighten up. Let the small stuff slide.

Attachment 1325
    Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 06-23-2008 at 09:52 AM.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Yeah it's true. INTJs will just write you off, but INFJs will keep coming at you. They will concoct new and creative ways to make you see the light. They can't seem to let it go. I admire that in a way, but sometimes they are either wrong or fighting so hard to win the battle that they lose the war. Great people, but sometimes they just need to lighten up. Let the small stuff slide.

Attachment 1325
    I never said INFJs are stubborn bastards! You--you--concoted that on your own!

though it's true at times, we might just seem nicer about it--or NOT when we stop caring

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post

Attachment 1325
    Yea, it's true. @ pic I've learned to just let go but I won't rescind anything--I just say "You can keep believing it if it makes you happy " (to mock) or "Fine. Do as you please. *BREATHE*" to let go nicely.. INTJs can learn to try harder in reaching out to others over time too and not just with loved ones.

My INTJ sis (15) reacting to my anger at someone: "Why do you even bother? You've already realised it's pointless trying to make them understand....*breathe* Yet you keep trying and wasting your energy? And hurt yourself for it? Why?! They.Are. Morons. to begin with and until they learn to correct that through some very generous and kind lightning flashed insight struck by some Zeus-god thing they likely believe in, though I find it highly unlikely this 'thing' will so much as help them realise shit as 99.5% of people are too fucking stupid to so much as string a thought w/o relying on someone else doing it for them---- JustDON'T bother!! Shit. You piss me off when I see you get hurt or stressed trying."
    Me (21):
    Sis: Sigh. Come here. Sigh. I know, I know. You're just too freakin' nice. Act like __ (ISTP best/f of mine) more.
    Me: Are you delusional?
    Sis: ... No, never act like that psycho, you'll just end up killing people instead. It's bad enough trying to simmer her down when we both try. Just act like me.
    Me: :rolli:
    Sis: Yea, I hate it too. Sometimes I wish I could stupidly string along w/ people so I could pretend I'm happy.
    Me: :rolli: Stop BS for fun.
    Sis: It makes me happy doing it and you taught to make stupid people humourous in my head. I know you do it too!
    Me: This is very true. More true than you doing it more.
    Sis: Are you kidding me?
    Me: Who's lived longer?
    Sis: Great. So you've had more time. Well, I'm bitter at a younger age and will outdo you in the end.
    Me: Yea yea, you think you're so bitter. I know you're really nice and care about people.
    Me to mock: "So long as I don't tell others, you're fine with that..."
    Sis at same time: So long as you don't tell others, I'm fine with that...DON'T do that, damn you!
    Me:

It's so FUNNY when she has Freudian Slips with others :
    Sis: "That's incorrect, you Jackass! How could you even think that?" Five minutes pass... "Damn, what did I say to you? Oh, I did? I didn't mean it, I didn't realise... I'm so sorry! "
    Sis's Thoughts: "Dammit. If they weren't so stupid, I could be nicer! Must try to understand...we're all different....Now what are they doing?! Don't look. Don't bother.".......*Peace*