User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many guns do you have?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll

23 74.19%
  • 1-5

4 12.90%
  • 6-10

0 0%
  • 11-15

0 0%
  • 16 and over

4 12.90%
First 4567 Last

Thread: SHOOT TO KILL!

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius does not need guns. Humans did not give him a Latin name meaning 'sickle cutter' to describe his unwieldy clawed hands for nothing.

That said, Falcarius does wish he had a tail like Alamosaurus. Alamosaurus is one of the only herbivores that could take out a Tyrannosaurus Rex in one hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Falcarius, have you ever heard of the Elaphrosaurus philtippettorum? It's named after Phil Tippett, one of the special effects gurus who made some of the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park!

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I have kids in the house, so I don't own any guns.
    You know, research has shown that the best way to keep a child from misusing a gun (or any weapon for that matter) is knowledge of it. I've heard several stories of children who wanted to see their dad's guns. So the dad got one out and taught him all about it and how to safely handle it. Once he did that, the kid never mentioned it again. The mystery was gone. I mean, its your choice, and this isn't supposed to be a social debate, but I hear this excuse for not owning firearms a lot. I was raised in a house full of firearms. My father is a hunter and historical reenactor as am I, so this is why. He taught me all about guns and how to safely use them. I never got out one of my father's guns or mine for that matter (cause my Dad had them at the time) without supervision until after I was in high school.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I love hunting. The thing about not having guns or weapons lying around is just some new sissy thing going on.
    And your school shootings in the USA, it's not because of weapon availability, it's because your society is fucked up
    Dude, our society isn't any more fucked up than anyone else's, its just its that the negatives are just noticed more. LOL. The school shootings are the cause of messed up people. Unfortunately, their way of dealing with it was.....I don't even know how to explain it. Fucked up? But the problem has nothing to do with guns. I feel that all citizens should be trusted completely by the government and by society until they have proven otherwise. But I probably shouldn't have even responded this way because it might open up debate. Oh well.But I concur on everything else you said.

MBTI
    INTP

Boy do I feel safe knowing that it's you good guys out there with the guns.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Weapon one was used during military service, never brought home etc. Professionaly.

Weapon two is used during hunting season, in the autumn. With a team of hunters. At private property. And sometimes at target practice at a gun range. Otherwise locked up with both combination and key lock. Firing pin removed. Ammunition is locked up in a safe.

Weapon number three is a 4.5 mm bb-gun, you can't even kill a bird with that worthless piece of crap

All the joking aside, people that own guns are in most cases very SJ about the secure handling of them. And some damn rednecks aren't. My grandfathers' cousin (oooold dude) has like 10 rifles, old and new, hanging on his wall and a shotgun in the trunk of his car (he is a land owner and hunts all year). Fully assembled. No weapon locker or anything. Crazy.

Anyway... Most people ARE taking their responsibility serious. Except for a little joking about it

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I have kids in the house, so I don't own any guns.
    I'd say that's a perfect reason to have a gun in the house!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What? Technically, video games are in this dimension!!!
    Uber, sometimes you sound like my INTP son! :laughing:
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Uber, sometimes you sound like my INTP son! :laughing:
    So I guess I underestimated how right they are!

MBTI
    INFP

I own a nail gun, but that's it. Oh, and I still have all of my oldest son's huge swords and knife collection, and I know how to use them so I feel pretty safe. Once he takes his collection, I might consider owning a gun (after I get some training in). Too bad I don't l live in a conceal and carry state.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters