User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many guns do you have?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll

23 74.19%
  • 1-5

4 12.90%
  • 6-10

0 0%
  • 11-15

0 0%
  • 16 and over

4 12.90%
First 23456 Last

Thread: SHOOT TO KILL!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Probably just about everyone will think that they are "safe and responsible" even people who end up having accidents.

As for me having guns, i have none, and won't be getting any unless it seems very useful to have one in the future.
    Never the less, he is.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

None at the moment unfortunately, but as soon as I turn 21 this will being changing very quickly. Give me a while and ill compact a list of my favorites that I plan on owning.

But I feel that personally firearms can be a great hobby if like how Sword said if your responsible enough to treat them with the respect they deserve.
    SDMF

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I heard it's not very nice to kill people.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Firearms are one kind of machines with interesting aspects to think about. I've thought a lot about gas expansion, aerodynamics, vibration, heat conduction and other phenomena by thinking through them. Don't own one, won't get one. I'm not interested of them that way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The firearms that interest me are probably only in their experimental stages at the very least.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well the experimental technologies are interesting as well. Railgun design is being made challenging by rail corrosion concerns. Coilguns have little hope in being very effective due to magnetic saturation issues. Gauss guns have the physical strength of the magnets as the restricting factor, so not much improvement can be had there. Particle accelerator type weapons are too far to even think about. Plasma guns can't confine the plasma to a reasonably focused, long jet. Laser type guns have horrible power output/weight ratio, among other concerns. But, it's all interesting..

Then, there's some old mechanical designs.. but springs give horrible stored energy/weight ratio, not to mention low projectile velocities. Compressed gas systems suffer from the same.

It's no wonder the best method to propel the projectile has stayed much the same - it's just so good.

I thought I invented a major improvement by replacing the chemical low explosive propellant with a fuel-air combo, something which would save space in propellant storage. But then, someone had figured that out before me.. the projectile speed would be severely restricted by the speed of the flamefront propagation

The weird thing is that I don't want any more weapons in the world, yet I've spent such time thinking about improvements to them, just 'cos it's posing an interesting engineering challenge

Well, done the same thought exercises for imagining improved medical imaging equipment, and countless other systems
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

nope- I don't own any weapons, though I grew up around them and do know how to shoot a gun well!

I'll need to get one of my own soon as my backup to go along with my sidearm provided by employers though This means that I have to learn what weapon to get and such!

Definitley don't own one at the moment though, which is a good thing, because I probably would have used it at a few points in the past with disasterous results
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I heard it's not very nice to kill people.
    Sadly, its these types of rumors that give warriors like us a hard time in this world. LOL.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Sadly, its these types of rumors that give warriors like us a hard time in this world. LOL.
    Hey, I'm still waiting to find out what gun is the perfect match for a male INFJ. This is crucial information in case I ever want to own one. It's your duty as a gun fanatic to inform of such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

ByMySword

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Hey, I'm still waiting to find out what gun is the perfect match for a male INFJ. This is crucial information in case I ever want to own one. It's your duty as a gun fanatic to inform of such.
    I tell you what...since that is such a good question....I will actually research it by thinking of the traits of INFJs and matching them to types of firearms. I'll have you the answer by the end of the week. That way I can be sure that my research was thorough. You want a handgun, right?