User Tag List

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Things that make you go "DOH"

Me: Can you go tell [your sibling on the other side of the house] that it's time for dinner?
    Kid: Sure. [raises voice to ungodly volume] <name here>, IT'S TIME FOR DINNER!!!

After I've been absent from church since August and it's pretty clear I am not coming back for awhile, if at all:

Organizer Lady to Rose: Well, do you think you [both] would still be interested in leading worship at the marriage retreat in April?

Other examples?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Me: Can you go tell [your sibling on the other side of the house] that it's time for dinner?
    Kid: Sure. [raises voice to ungodly volume] <name here>, IT'S TIME FOR DINNER!!!

After I've been absent from church since August and it's pretty clear I am not coming back for awhile, if at all:

Organizer Lady to Rose: Well, do you think you [both] would still be interested in leading worship at the marriage retreat in April?

Other examples?
    Classic.

This is probably more of a "DUH" but I'd like to contribute and vent.

I had a haircut appointment with a new stylist who I personally like. I told her prior to cutting my hair that you have to blow it out with a round brush or it looks like crap. So what does she do? Blows it out with her fingers and a paddle brush and then tries to burn the shit out of my already fragile hair with a flat iron! I also had to point out that the front sides were uneven and one side was bulkier than the other. I hate having to tell anyone how to do their job, but since money was involved, she left me no choice. She tried to "fix" it but failed and I ended up blowing out the front with her puny round brush to try and smooth it out. DUH! Now I need to get to someone else and fix this mess. :SaiyanSmilie_anim:
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

customer calls and asks- how much for a bottle of UV Blue Vodka? I walk to the back of the store and check- "it's $10.49 for a fifth" customer thanks me and hangs up

one minute later the customer calls back "what size of bottle was it?"

"it's $10.49 for a fifth"

"ok- thanks!"

..... idiots
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Classic.

This is probably more of a "DUH" but I'd like to contribute and vent.

:SaiyanSmilie_anim: I had a haircut appointment with a new stylist who I personally like. I told her prior to cutting my hair that you have to blow it out with a round brush or it looks like crap. So what does she do? Blows it out with her fingers and a paddle brush and then tries to burn the shit out of my already fragile hair with a flat iron! I also had to point out that the front sides were uneven and one side was bulkier than the other. I hate having to tell anyone how to do their job, but since money was involved, she left me no choice. She tried to "fix" it but failed and I ended up blowing out the front with her puny round brush to try and smooth it out. DUH! Now I need to get to someone else and fix this mess.
    Yeah I hate it when you tell them exactly what they need to do and they still don't get it. Sometimes I wonder if people are really listening when someone else is talking.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    customer calls and asks- how much for a bottle of UV Blue Vodka? I walk to the back of the store and check- "it's $10.49 for a fifth" customer thanks me and hangs up

one minute later the customer calls back "what size of bottle was it?"

"it's $10.49 for a fifth"

"ok- thanks!"

..... idiots
    Guess they didn't know what a fifth was. Were they trying to figure out the price per ounce??

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no- they wanted to know whether I was talking about a pint, a fifth, a liter or a handle they just weren't paying attention to what I said I guess, because they came into the store later and explained that they'd wondered whether I was talking about which of the abovementioned sizes :steam:

*sigh* I hate answering the phone!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, some of my nerdiness comes through here.
    The first thing I thought of is whenever I leave out a piece of information that should have been obvious to me.

Here's an example:
    I frequently do stuff like try to recount all the world's nations back to myself. Everytime, I forget one obvious country. I have to go look it up, knowing I'll be dissapointed with myself, and then I slap myself in the head when I get the answer: "How did I forget Austria?!".

Yeah. Those are the kinds of things that concern me...
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

A sudden compulsion to imitate Homer Simpson.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

When things don't go the way I predicted they would.

And what Metamorphosis said...

MBTI
    istp

DOooooh!