User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Your Sleep Requirements

What are your specifics for you to have a good night's sleep?

Darkness or some kind of nightlight?
    Noise or complete silence?
    How much clothing?
    Alone or with someone else?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Darkness and white noise, definitely. And it has to be cool in the bedroom. I hate being cold, but when I'm trying to sleep, being too warm is worse. I am used to sleeping both alone and with someone as my husband often works nights, and either one is fine with me, but I have to have enough space. We have a King sized bed, and that's perfect, but when we stay at my parents' in my old Queen, it is too cramped. (Doesn't help that the dog always climbs up in bed with us, either! At home he sleeps downstairs.) Clothing depends on the season. I always have to have at least underpants and a tank top of t-shirt on, but I prefer to also wear shorts in the summer, and in the winter I usually wear a long-sleeved shirt and pants, and sometimes socks.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Phantonym

I can't just sleep anywhere and in any condition, it has to be just right. Darkness, complete silence, cool air. The bed has to be big and comfortable with enough blankets and pillows in case I need to strangle/hug them (yeah, I do that, plus I kick around a lot and switch positions like I'm possessed). Clothing depends on how cold it is but I don't like sleeping naked anyway, so I'd still be wearing something. Sleeping with somebody next to me can be very nice, but people tend to be like furnaces and I can't get a good night's sleep like that. I need my space. I prefer the cool side of the pillows and blankets and that's that. Make it for about 9 hours straight, undisturbed, and I'll be the happiest camper you've ever seen (or maybe not, I'm really not a morning person)

MBTI
    INTJ

I love total darkness, but only if I'm not alone. I grew up in a big family, and we lived in the hood, okay?

If I'm alone, I need some background noise, white noise is okay, but I can do the chimes and all that. I can't do water sounds because if my bladder gets full overnight that rushing water sound doesn't help. LOL

I sleep commando wit bball shorts or lounge pants- I can't do underwear at night. I also can't do socks at all. I need to be comfortable enough to keep the covers on all night at the same time be able to from under them in the morning. So it can't be too cold or I'll stay in bed until the last minute. This also means if I'm not sleeping alone the temperature has to be cooler.

a good bedtime story knocks me out. like awesome drooly sleep.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Darkness or some kind of nightlight?
    Darkness, definitely. The more light the more unlikely I find sleep.

Noise or complete silence?
    Silence please. Much noise makes it unlikely I find sleep.

How much clothing?
    Depends on how warm it is. Usually I take a pyjama, but if it is too hot then I sleep only in pants.

Alone or with someone else?
    Uh, with someone else as in together with a SO in the same bed? Not like I ever had the choice then to be with someone else If you mean with other people in the same room, then definitely alone. Snoring etc. is terrible.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I sleep with whatever is already there. I am fine sleeping in darkness or in full light.
    Doesn't really matter much. If I'm tired I'd sleep with loud noise or silence. I may sleep in a high range from silence to very very loud.
    Full clothing when I sleep though with anything I would normally feel fine with.
    Almost always alone.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

There has to be some sort of light source. Even if it's the little light from my computer, or the moonlight, or just cars driving by is fine, it can't be completely dark, as I sort of freak out, because if it's completely dark, then it's incredibly difficult for me in the morning to predict what time it is outside, as I don't like to move around looking for my phone or my glasses to see the clock. I fear that I won't wake up because if it's still dark enough, I won't, which is why I never sleep over at my friend's place.

There has to be noise. Not a lot, sometimes I don't even need it if I'm able to play songs in my head and create noise. Usually, I have to leave the TV on Adult Swim to be able to fall asleep (I'm not sure why, but that is the ONLY channel I can sleep to...it's weird). I can't listen to the radio, because then I'll have angry dreams due to my frustration with radio advertisements and how freaking annoying they are, and all those radio noises that they do. Sometimes I'll play one of my sleeping playlists that I've recently created on my computer, which also has helped a lot.

I prefer just wearing underwear and a t-shirt to bed, but sometimes it's too cold for that. My room has to be at least 65 degrees in order to fall asleep, but no warmer than 74, unless the room cools off, which usually it does.

I'd much rather sleep alone. I move around a lot, and my legs have to grab something when I'm falling asleep, like the top part of the couch/futon. I can't actually sleep in beds.

God, I'm such a sensitive sleeper!

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    a good bedtime story knocks me out. like awesome drooly sleep.
    Those are always a plus.

I tend to put on background noise, fall asleep to a show like Futurama, the Universe, Planet Earth, something like that. I can't really sleep without something over me, but I'm also always hot, so I keep my room pretty cool. I love the cold spots on the bed, and will move throughout the night to all the zones. I need pillows around me, but I don't actually sleep on them, I sleep flat. I also tend to curl up. I don't sleep with any clothes.

MBTI
    STP

No shirt, no pants they always got all twisted and drove me nuts, also a pain to take them off in the middle of the night if you get hot. nothing harder then a carpet or rug...prefer soft pillow usually.

edit: why is "get" showing up twice on my post, but not in the "Edit Post"?