User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Glycerine

No music and loud sounds.... and exhaustion.

Other than that, I am not finicky. The amount of clothing does not matter. I have fallen asleep with my winter coat and shoes on.

SingSmileShine

Oh, wow. I'm an extremely picky sleeper!

First off, there has to be absolutely no sound. None whatsoever. The slightest bit of sound at night will bother me.

Clothing doesn't really matter, as long as I'm comfortable and at the perfect temperature. I will get up and remove/add clothing/blankets no matter how comfortable I am otherwise in bed.

The most important thing to me? Darkness! If there's any little bit of light whatsoever, whether it be from the TV or from the outdoors (which is rare because at nighttime it's obviously dark), I can't sleep at all. Pitch black and total silence! It would make a lot of people frightened, but it's the only way I can sleep.

Oh. And I can'tcan'tcan't sleep with others. It makes me worried that they're uncomfortable, which prevents me from sleeping! xD

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Prefer dark, but in the summer time its almost 24/7 light outside, so i get used to that too.
    Silence is better, but total silence with few little noises is worse than constant noise.
    I prefer sleeping naked, but if there are other people around i use underwear and if i dont have a blanket, i dont mind sleeping clothes on(at least if im drunk).
    Other people or not, well depends on the company.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Must haves:

8 hours
    Nice, comfy mattress
    Nudity

Some noise outside doesn't bother me. I live in the city, so..... Light doesn't bother me either. I can't sleep in clothes at all. I prefer to sleep with someone else. Don't like sleeping alone as much.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

7 hours
    futon
    pillow (hard, fits well under the neck)
    warm
    satisfied tummy

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Darkness or some kind of nightlight?

Darkness, but just enough light to see by if I need to get up.

Noise or complete silence?

I prefer silence. I wake up to the tiniest of noises most of the time, though somehow I have trained myself to ignore snoring...

How much clothing?

Doesn't matter. My only consideration is that I hate it when my thighs stick together, so I like to have fabric between them...doesn't have to be clothing, though. A blanket works fine, too.

Alone or with someone else?

I prefer to be alone, just so I have enough space to stretch and sprawl, but I also like waking up to my man's face in the morning, so it's a hard call...

Not included, but also relevant... I like the room to be cold, and to wrap myself up in a pile of blankets like a burrito. Fall/winter is my favorite part of the year for this reason. I leave my window cracked so I get the fresh air and coldness.

Also, I like to be surrounded by pillows. I'm a side-sleeper, so I like to hug and pillow to my chest and have one behind my back as well.

MBTI
    ISFP

4-5 hours when I'm in a good mood. The more emotionally honest (expressive) and balanced I feel the less sleep I need. When I'm depressed I sleep A LOT!! Basically the less comfortable I am with myself the more sleep I need. I was on a polyphasic sleep cycle for a while and slept 2.5 hours a day.

I prefer silence but can sleep with noise.

Unless it is really hot I don't like sleeping without a night shirt and bottoms on.

I never feel restored after sleeping next to someone else. I'd go so far as to say I wake up feeling like my energy has been sucked out of me. I don't know why but for optimal restorative sleep I need to sleep alone.

This is pretty gross to admit but I sleep in a sleeping bag that hasn't been washed for YEARS! Yes, it has a distinct gamey smell (not as bad as you'd think it should be though - a bit like wet dog) but I absolutely adore that smell. Its my smell from so many adventures and good times (you know and sad times as well). I guess it is a comfort thing. I love my sleeping bag. Is that unhealthy? Awww typing all this has made me want to go over and hug my sleeping bag. Mmm smelly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I actually can't sleep if things are too quiet.

It's like having some kind of ambient noise seems to quiet my mind, and if it is too quiet my thoughts run rampant.

Therefore I usually fall asleep with the tv on, or in my room with my guitar's amplifier humming. (I'm still not completely sure why it hums like that...)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post

This is pretty gross to admit but I sleep in a sleeping bag that hasn't been washed for YEARS! Yes, it has a distinct gamey smell (not as bad as you'd think it should be though - a bit like wet dog) but I absolutely adore that smell. Its my smell from so many adventures and good times (you know and sad times as well). I guess it is a comfort thing. I love my sleeping bag. Is that unhealthy? Awww typing all this has made me want to go over and hug my sleeping bag. Mmm smelly.
    Something between these: and aww
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Darkness or some kind of nightlight? Dark. We don't have streetlights or much in the way of traffic so it's generally very dark without additional shades or blinds.
    Noise or complete silence? White noise. I like a fan. It provides the noise and cool circulating air.
    How much clothing? Tank top, panties and pj pants, which I may or may not remove. Lots of blankets, I like the weight.
    Alone or with someone else? With ENFJ man when he isn't away for work. I never liked sleeping with anyone else in the bed until him. I have to read to fall asleep no matter what. Even just a few minutes but I have to do it. Occasionally he will read to me, this is very nice too.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.