User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

DARK. I even put tape over all the electronics lights.
    Cool room
    Duvet
    3 firm-ish pillows
    Memory foam mattress or at least topper of a couple of inches
    White noise with rain and ocean
    Cotton t shirt, underwear, socks
    Alone

That's optimal sleeping conditions for me.

Hm. I prefer if it's quiet or if there's a little bit of dull noise (fan, crickets, rain, water). Darkness or lighting is usually fine either way, as long as it's consistently the same amount of darkness or light all around me. Clothing is irrelevant as long as it's comfortable and I'm not too hot. I actually don't like people touching me while I sleep. One ex always wanted to spoon, and while that's sweet, it's not appropriate for sleep time. Sleep time is for sleeping.

Fun fact: being a passenger lulls me to sleep really quickly if I am not actively engaged in a conversation, particularly when traveling a familiar route. It can be sooooo hard not to doze off on work trips.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Every night I sleep with a little bit of light or none at all. I turn the TV on and dose off. If there is no TV I just let my thoughts replace it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I prefer to sleep with a sleep mask on, and to some kind of soft din of noise.

I am not too fussy regarding mattress quality.

I also hate waking up unnaturally, i.e. waking up via an alarm, YUCK!

Oh, and I like sleeping with someone, dog, or human next to me, too.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Darkness or some kind of nightlight?

Either one is okay. I have been known to sleep with the overhead lamp on too when I've been too lazy to turn it off. So the level of light doesn't make a whole lot of difference but I probably sleep more soundly if its darker. I have trouble sleeping when the light is flashing, as in lightning in a thunderstorm.

Noise or complete silence?

Preferably complete silence but some white noise is okay as long as its continuous. I cannot sleep when there are sudden random sounds. I often have to resort to earplugs when the heater kicks in and make noise or in the springtime when the birds are chirping early in the morning. Forget trying to sleep during a thunderstorm. I used to be able to sleep with the radio on but can't do that anymore.

How much clothing?

Depends on the time of the year. During the hot summers, either very light material pajamas or just underwear only. During the winter, usually thick flannel pajamas. I often have slippers on when I sleep because my feet get cold.

Alone or with someone else?

I live alone and I sleep alone. If I ever get married, I think one of the hardest things to adjust to would be sharing a bed with someone else. I need total silence. I sprawl my body across the entire bed. I'm hogging the covers one second and abruptly taking them all off the next. I'd probably be difficult to share a bed with.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Darkness or some kind of nightlight?
    Darkness.
    Noise or complete silence?
    Silence. Lately I've been listening to Alan Watts' lectures to stop me from thinking.
    How much clothing?
    None.
    Alone or with someone else?
    I actually fall asleep better when there's someone else, but I prefer my own bed.

None of these things matter, though, if I am able to fall asleep. You will not be able to wake me up. The real problem for me is that I seem to have a rhytm that would be perfect if days were 26 hours or so...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

What I prefer: 2 pillows, a sheet and a comforter, a bed, and total darkness. I dont need white noise to sleep, silence is fine with me, but listening to music to relax is fun sometimes, and alone during sleeping.. but prefer something/one to be there before and after. XD Just stay on your side while sleepy time commences. I prefer like 1239383 hours of sleep a night.

What I need: 4 hours and something to cover my upper half.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

I usually like at least one comforter, three pillows, my stuffed elephant and darkness... and since little noises in my room keep me awake, I have to have my ipod on

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I'm a good sleeper - I can sleep anywhere really. In a car on a rugged road, with lights on, with lights off, with music on, with music off. I usually sleep better when I have someone sleeping near me (As in close bed, not on my bed ...I'm still single. I'm 15 Jeez :/). I acutally prefer soft music on. I can handle heavy music as well, but I'll probably start imagining myself as a rock star.

I prefer white noise over silence - silence is eerie and freaks me out. I'm not that fond of the dark, and I don't like closing my bedroom door (it's like claustrophobia?), it makes me feel trapped.

That's it really.

Also I can sleep less but still more attention/enthusiasm everyday. Must be that ENFP power :P

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I actually don't like people touching me while I sleep. One ex always wanted to spoon, and while that's sweet, it's not appropriate for sleep time. Sleep time is for sleeping.
    I agree. I always feel kind of guilty or inferior some how for having that view... movie and TV make it seem like if you really love someone, you must want to cuddle them in your sleep. Luckily my spouse feels the same way I do!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/