First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    There are too many shows that are a disservice to fathers. jmo. There isn't that much funny about dysfunctionalism to me. It is just sickening.
    Honestly I was just being dramatic, but yes I do think Everybody loves Raymond is crap, JMO.(Just my opinion?)

What really stinks is my mom watches the reruns almost everyday. I'm seriously considering moving the computer to my room so I don't have to hear the crap that comes from out from the tube.

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamanthus View Post
    Almost twenty-one.
    Ah, yep - I'm 36. I think it's mostly a generational thing - when they changed the show's format from the Mystery Machine Gang (or whatever they called themselves) to the Shaggy/Scooby/Scrappy trio, the folks who liked the older ones simply hated the new ones, mostly because of Scrappy. I'm actually pretty surprised that I remembered that much about it, tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I HATED Scrappy Doo *shudder* and I'm 24
    Well, there goes that theory . Or maybe Whatever just has exceptionally good taste!

Yes, I was a Muppet Show hater too. I felt bad about that for years, now I embrace it. Stupid and Boooring!

When I was a child I hated Sesame Street and the Electric Company and Romper Room with a passion and my older siblings gave me such grief about it.
    A kindred spirit of Muppet-hatred!

I admit, that when I was little I did like Sesame Street and the Electric Company though.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Honestly I was just being dramatic, but yes I do think Everybody loves Raymond is crap, JMO.(Just my opinion?)
    This is certainly the thread for over dramatic going on. The more, the better. Yes, jmo "Just my opinion"

What really stinks is my mom watches the reruns almost everyday. I'm seriously considering moving the computer to my room so I don't have to hear the crap that comes from out from the tube.

I know. When I was still at home, the TV was on all day and almost all night, at top volume, the worst kinds of shows and lo onto the person who dared complain about the noise. I started wearing earplugs.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Ah, yep - I'm 36. I think it's mostly a generational thing - when they changed the show's format from the Mystery Machine Gang (or whatever they called themselves) to the Shaggy/Scooby/Scrappy trio, the folks who liked the older ones simply hated the new ones, mostly because of Scrappy. I'm actually pretty surprised that I remembered that much about it, tell you the truth.
    The whole "coward" thing got old, I found adding a character that was the complete opposite of the two main characters made the show more tolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
    Are you trying to sound like Yoda?

What exactly are you asking(in normal English)?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    *scattering done beforehand not to waste space* "If the Scat Man can do it, brotha, so can you!" BABABADABO Skeebibididiyodadadum ZizSazouiiscatbobliboobizizizScoobydoobyscoobydoom elody! I'm the Scat Man...." *sccccattttttt*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yes, I was a Muppet Show hater too. I felt bad about that for years, now I embrace it. Stupid and Boooring!

When I was a child I hated Sesame Street and the Electric Company and Romper Room with a passion and my older siblings gave me such grief about it.
    I don't remember Romper Room. I mildly enjoyed Sesame Street and the Muppet Show (and I am embarrassed to admit I loved Muppet Babies). I did not like Mr. Rogers, especially the Neighborhood of Make Believe, even though I wanted to. I loved Electric Company.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I was scared of the puppets in the Village of Make Beleive especially Lady Elaine Fairchilde *shudder* TERRIFYING! :horor:

I liked Muppet Babies too and Smurfs!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Yeah, not a fan of American Idol either, I just realized. Never gave it enough of a chance to get into it, or perhaps the blame is on American Idol for not intriguing me enough to want to watch it more.

All those rediCKulously horrible reality TV shows on MTV, particularly those "meet the parents" and "switch lovers" ones. I sometimes like shows like Made and True Life (is that one on TLC?), though. I also used to like the Real World and Road Rules things, and I did watch the Gauntlet and Inferno shows occasionally (where they took people from Road Rules and the Real World and pitted them in contests against one another). Don't watch much MTV anymore, though.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

everyone is too mean to each other- that isn't funny to me nor relatable.
    I agree, LadyPinkington, and this is exactly what turns me off of a show. Shows that are obviously about sex (Rock of Love), and shows where everyone is just plain mean to each other (the MTV shows I mentioned disliking above) are somewhat depressing and angering to me. I realize now that what differs those "switch lovers" and "meet the parents" shows on late-night MTV, from the ones that are more focused on people teaming up together and showing support and camaraderie at least for their own team, is that the first lacks anything I can relate to on a human level, on a compassionate level, and the second actually makes people seem human. It's humans I'm interested in, not people who are so starkly portrayed as bitchy or callous (or, on the other end, kind and selfless) that they no longer seem human to me. I want to see myself in others.
    For you, and I, wooo

I really like The Muppet Show. I think the Muppets are some of the best comedy we've had on television in the last 30 years.

But I really, REALLY hated The Electric Company. I thought it was so patronizing. It was obvious that it was made by adults who were trying to be what they thought was cool to appeal to kids, and that kind of thing usually winds up just looking silly. Kind of like when your mother tries to look cool in front of your friends.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I really like The Muppet Show. I think the Muppets are some of the best comedy we've had on television in the last 30 years.
    Thinking back on it, I see some of the humor in Muppets even now. As a kid, I loved that show, especially Miss Piggy and Kermit.
    For you, and I, wooo