User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 86

  1. #61
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Now after some "market research" I think the cat has actually gone for Tubby!

    I did try the Piewacket scheme but I think she lost interest after I mentioned pie and didn't produce any

    Oddly enough any kind of human name I tried or have tried in the past she just ignores almost like she knows it's a label for a human and not a cat.

    Oh and Whatever definitely didn't sink in. In fact I think I got the same in response!

    Scat's an interesting one. Can't say I like scat music much (tried it once even, froze to the spot!) and it would have the interesting side effect of being a word for "run away". Mind you she doesn't tend to do that unless you make lots of noise or start mucking about with her feet

    Research will continue (even Tubby doesn't work often but I'm not sure if this is due to general ignorance or not). Until 9 out of 10 cat's prefer it I shall continue!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  2. #62
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Crookshanks
    Professor Tiddlybottom
    Mrs. Norris
    Tilly

    Lotr names-
    Pippin
    Merry
    Lady Galadriel
    Arwen

    MBTI names-
    Jen (best choice)
    Ivy
    Cafe
    aelan
    Toonia
    Lady Pinkington
    Pink Piranha
    whatever
    Targo
    Digest
    Rajah
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  3. #63
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I'll ask an obvious question. Why didn't you get a dog instead?

    Somehow, I think two German Shepherds (a male and female) would be more suitable for the names Adolf and Eva.

  4. #64
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    ...(even Tubby doesn't work often ...
    What woman responds to being called fat?! Besides with her claws, I mean.

    How about kitty, minou or neko?

  5. #65
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    What woman responds to being called fat?! Besides with her claws, I mean.
    Well claws is a response

    I am the one who calls his missus Bub cause she reminds me of Bubble from the Power Puff Girls (think atypical blonde with cutesy compulsions).
    How about kitty, minou or neko?
    Okay which one means "large fat cat who is overly fond of food"

    (Minou? Neko? I've never even heard of these before. Is there a meaning or something or just a personal reference to an old pet?)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  6. #66
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Crookshanks
    Professor Tiddlybottom
    Mrs. Norris
    Tilly

    Lotr names-
    Pippin
    Merry
    Lady Galadriel
    Arwen

    MBTI names-
    Jen (best choice)
    Ivy
    Cafe
    aelan
    Toonia
    Lady Pinkington
    Pink Piranha
    whatever
    Targo
    Digest
    Rajah
    You want me to grade the names of various women who post here for suitability for a fat cat? You put yourself as most suitable?

    Noblesse oblige or Freudian slip?

    Right well we'd need a suitable female name for a thing which uses it's claws almost constantly but never deliberately, is obsessed with food, has no coordination, is scared of anything related to cleaning or haircare... Oh and likes being snuggled up but hates being smothered.

    Answers on a postcard to....




    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'll ask an obvious question. Why didn't you get a dog instead?
    A good question. We never started out to get a cat. As a rule I can take them or leave them, I'm not really that affected by them. It's dogs I'm mad over.

    However I cannot have a dog as I'm not at home often enough. First thing in the morning and last thing at night isn't really fair. Hence I'm holding off getting about two dozen of them until the Missus does her duty and gets paid enough so I can retire.

    Damn lazy woman is taking ages :steam:
    Somehow, I think two German Shepherds (a male and female) would be more suitable for the names Adolf and Eva.
    Surely not. For one the shepherd analogy is completely inappropriate. Perhaps a pinscher or something. I always imagined the dog version to be kinda terrier sized. You know one of those antagonistic ones that yaps lots and has absolutely no idea that it is actually small and puny or is aware and it totally peeved about the whole thing.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  7. #67
    Large Member Ender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    When it comes to names, a lot of it has to do with your tone of voice when saying it and their mood at the time as to whether or not they answer. To a cat you're the staff so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Surely not. For one the shepherd analogy is completely inappropriate. Perhaps a pinscher or something. I always imagined the dog version to be kinda terrier sized. You know one of those antagonistic ones that yaps lots and has absolutely no idea that it is actually small and puny or is aware and it totally peeved about the whole thing.
    You mean like a Miniature Pinscher?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

    I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

    Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

  8. #68
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    When it comes to names, a lot of it has to do with your tone of voice when saying it and their mood at the time as to whether or not they answer. To a cat you're the staff so.
    True. She's a definite madam
    You mean like a Miniature Pinscher?
    It's like you read my mind
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  9. #69
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    You want me to grade the names of various women who post here for suitability for a fat cat? You put yourself as most suitable?

    Noblesse oblige or Freudian slip?

    Right well we'd need a suitable female name for a thing which uses it's claws almost constantly but never deliberately, is obsessed with food, has no coordination, is scared of anything related to cleaning or haircare... Oh and likes being snuggled up but hates being smothered.
    Ha! Goes to show how much gobbelygook I actually do read so definitely remove my name from the list. I like Crookshanks, Mrs. Norris, Madame Pomfrey, Birtha or you could call her Silvershanks.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  10. #70
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Well claws is a response

    I am the one who calls his missus Bub cause she reminds me of Bubble from the Power Puff Girls (think atypical blonde with cutesy compulsions).

    Okay which one means "large fat cat who is overly fond of food"

    (Minou? Neko? I've never even heard of these before. Is there a meaning or something or just a personal reference to an old pet?)
    Minou is French for "kitty".
    Neko is Japanese for "kitty".

    Everyone else in her acquaintance probably calls her kitty.

Similar Threads

  1. I'm in need of a stylist
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 09:27 AM
  2. [ENFP] ENFP in need of peer help
    By Roflcopter in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 01:58 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFP in need of peer help
    By Roflcopter in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
  4. Folks in Need of Typing!
    By Orangey in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 02:16 AM
  5. [NT] In need of an NT's help!
    By Not2bforgot10 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO