First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I didn't like The Village. I understood it, but it just didn't tickle my fancy.

I did, however, enjoy Lady in the Water, if only modestly. It was certainly more special effects intensive than Shyamalan's previous movies. And those are the kinds of movies I tend to like.

His next film, The Happening, sounds like a rather interesting concept, too.

And Signs had the best music of any Shyamalan movie, though it's closely followed by Unbreakable and Lady in the Water.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Pride & Prejudice - Kiera Knightly, Matthew MacFadyen
    Yes, this is my favorite version of P & P too. I have seen it a few times.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

My favorite Shamalamadingdong movie is Unbreakable.

Has anybody mentioned:

- Saved
    - Donnie Darko

Honorable mention:

- - The Dangerous Lives of Alterboys

James Newton Howard makes some really awesome music. Most of his soundtracks for the M. Night movies are phenomenal. The main theme for the Village is one of my favorite songs, and I really love that song that plays during the part of the movie where Lucius grabs Ivy's hand... it goes into slow motion and he takes her into the cellar. Beautiful film.. beautiful music. And I also very much enjoy the scene on the porch where Lucius tells Ivy how he feels about her.

I didn't know M. Night was making a new film, I'm excited!

heart on fire

Yes, the music in The Villiage was excellent.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Can I say a movie I am (possibly) obsessed with but I'm not particularly enthralled by the fact?

Pirate of the Carribean I and III. The second one was bullshit. All it was good for was introducing Becket and Davey Jones and Calypso.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ISTP

Obviously (obvious if you've read my introduction thread, at least), I have an affinity for George Romero's "Dead" tetralogy. Day of the Dead being my favorite of the four.

Others movies I'm fond of: Battle Royale (a good fusion of Lord of the Flies with Stephen King's The Long Walk [my favorite Stephen King story] and The Running Man), Tetsuo: The Iron Man (really weird, but some of the music was good, and the visuals were nice, too), Assault on Precinct 13 (the original; it's pretty much a zombie movie without the zombies), My Sassy Girl (not a fan of romantic comedies, usually, but this was an exception), BioZombie (it's like a proto-Shaun of the Dead), Clerks (I like movies with lots of dialogue), Reservoir Dogs (I feel this is Tarantino's best movie), and Army of Darkness (Bruce Campbell.), among others.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Battle Royale is one of my favorite movies, i also enjoyed the book.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Battle Royale is one of my favorite movies, i also enjoyed the book.
    Didn't like the novel. It felt more like a poorly written comic book than a novel (speaking of comic book, avoid the graphic novel). Fortunately, the movie cut out all the garbage, such as Kiriyama's ridiculous backstory, including things like how he's supposed to be some kind of prodigy that's perfect at everything, and that he doesn't have the ability to process human emotions because he had a lobotomy while still in the womb. They ditched all that, and just made him a mute sociopath in the movie, which seems kind of stupid, but it's not as stupid as how he's portrayed in the novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
    Are you trying to sound like Yoda?

What exactly are you asking(in normal English)?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    *scattering done beforehand not to waste space* "If the Scat Man can do it, brotha, so can you!" BABABADABO Skeebibididiyodadadum ZizSazouiiscatbobliboobizizizScoobydoobyscoobydoom elody! I'm the Scat Man...." *sccccattttttt*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, the music in The Villiage was excellent.
    That's the one Shyamalan movie where I thought the music absolutely sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Pirate of the Carribean I and III. The second one was bullshit. All it was good for was introducing Becket and Davey Jones and Calypso.
    I must say I disagree. Pirates 2 was the only one I liked. The effects were amazing and it had some of the most inventive action sequences of any of the Pirates movies. Pirates 2 displayed such vivid imagination. It was like watching a Stephen Sommers movie that made absolutely no sense but didn't need to -- case in point, The Mummy Returns and Van Helsing. Both were highly preposterous films but they never took themselves seriously, which is why they were enjoyable.

And I was so underwhelmed by Pirates 3. After how amazed I was with the stuff in Pirates 2, Pirates 3 was sorely underwhelming.