User Tag List

Page 365 of 453 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4529

Thread: If y ou're post, this is where you drunk!

MBTI
    ISFP

How incredibly predictable.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    Goodness. Is there any possible way for this to not come off like me being an asshole? So I come on here to vent . . . it's safe and anonymous. If this is an issue, they can ban me from the forum (or you can put me on ignore), otherwise, I really am not looking for a bunch of people to play Mother Theresa or to get embroiled in the "who has suffered more" game. We've all suffered and as far as I can tell everyone has issues. I don't give people advice because I full well realize I'm too fucked up and self interested/focused on my own issues to really comprehend and appreciate wtf the other person is going through. Who am I to say what another person needs to do? I feel like intuitives do this a lot . . . they project and turn other people's issues into their own and talk with a type of intimacy about said person's issues that just annoys me. Dude, you have no idea what this other person is genuinely experiencing. All you or anyone can glean is they are clearly in pain. Why not empathize purely with that . . . empathize with the fact we all have our issues we're trying to work through. It becomes so self involved when it becomes your thing. And maybe that's what rankles me . . .

So I guess if I wanted to be diplomatic I would soften all this in a way that made it seem like I was appreciative for the concern. Someone that doesn't know me at all claiming to know what course of action I should take to "get better". . . nah, I'm not appreciative of that type of concern.

Sorry, I guess I've made a lot of good real-life friends here, over the years, so I stopped looking at the forum as an anonymous throwaway kind of place a long time ago. I didn't mean to overstep any boundaries.

I did clarify I don't know you or everything you've been through. No one was trying to have a suffering piss-contest with you.. sometimes giving examples with self-disclosure is an attempt at showing you're trying to relate, show the other person they're not entirely alone & trapped inside themselves with what's going on. Self hatred's a pretty isolating and hopeless feeling, especially when it's exacerbated by relationship crap. I figured it couldn't hurt to say seeing a therapist might help. It might not, too. Lot of complacent shitty doctors out there. Like I said, I wasn't trying to offer advice or tell you what to do, or saying what you've gone through was any better/worse or even the same as my stuff. Just thought it couldn't hurt to mention something that helped me since I had some problems that resonated, on some level. It's obviously your choice to do with that info what you will.

Also your reaction to Ponyboy seemed like you were becoming more upset by someone responding. I felt compelled to try to assure you that he didn't mean you any harm (as far as I know), since you already appeared distressed enough.

Hating yourself's not a pleasant way to live- even total strangers can assess that much, and sympathize. Sometimes saying "see a doctor for your pain" is the only way people know how to show that they care. Just language barriers in terms of expression.

Anyway, seems like my attempt at offering some kinda comfort wasn't well received, & if it offended you, that wasn't my intent.
    You've made a few other posts in the past that were quite unhappy. Your posts moved me, was all.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ISFP

I don't know what to say . . . you honestly just lost me as I can't really follow what you are talking about. I don't self disclose to relate to other people. I self disclose when I've reached a point I need to decompress and let out some of the crap building up inside. I will say it seems like the difference between someone that aims to connect with other people and someone that generally has no idea how to go about connecting with other people. Fe vs Fi? I don't know. You clearly have more emotional intelligence than I do. I feel out of depth here, so I'm going to stop.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't know what to say . . . you honestly just lost me as I can't really follow what you are talking about. I don't self disclose to relate to other people. I self disclose when I've reached a point I need to decompress and let out some of the crap building up inside. I will say it seems like the difference between someone that aims to connect with other people and someone that generally has no idea how to go about connecting with other people. Fe vs Fi? I don't know. You clearly have more emotional intelligence than I do. I feel out of depth here, so I'm going to stop.
    I probably over Fe'd. Let's blame the oxycodone I'm on right now [migraine] (exercising my right to post in the drunk thread since I'm technically impaired, ha)

In any event, I do hope things get better for you.
    Hugs are awkward & stupid but I'll do it again since words aren't particularly helpful

Also your avatar is awesome.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

and hatred for anyone that tries to connect with me
    Think you missed this bit Lexi.

MBTI
    ISFP

Dude, what is up with INFPs? This is a pretty consistent thing. Does socionics explain this one? I know every fucken time it's an INFP all up in my shit being an asshole and bully.

MBTI
    ISFP

If someone is clearly in a jacked mood and they are saying "don't prod at me" it is not that nice to prod at the person. Personally, even being as low in Fe as I am . . . I would've sent that comment via rep to Lexicon. I don't see how it serves any purpose . . . it doesn't even strike me as funny. But you have every right to post as I do, and I'm certain you are well within the forum code of conduct . . . I guess what annoys me about INFPs is that quite often when I'm in a down place, there is an INFP to kick me in the shins. But they always hide behind this "don't take it so seriously" stuff, but really, it seems meant from a meanspirited place. I don't understand it at all.

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Dude, what is up with INFPs? This is a pretty consistent thing. Does socionics explain this one? I know every fucken time it's an INFP all up in my shit being an asshole and bully.
    Actually that was me talking to a friend you'd shat all over. Otherwise I'd have nothing to do with your shit because I can see you don't want to talk about it. Even though you did. Which is fine.

ETA: you're right, I probably should've sent that comment to Lexi via rep, privately. But you didn't lay the smackdown on her via rep, privately.

MBTI
    ISFP

И как я умудрился все так испортить с ней? Я также думаю, что "Lexi" вполне способна защитить себя. И мне очень жаль, если я каким-то образом препятствуют твоим планам сыграть доблестного рыцаря . . . should we just put each other on ignore?

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Random association, but I feel really disappointed that kitties cannot hold hands for kumbaya.

I've been drinking whisky and Gingerale with frozen cherries and feeling sad since my hunny is far, far away, and I'm home alone. I don't know, life seems beyond sad and hopeless with the occasional flowers and sunshine. It's why I hang out with hippies. They think there is magic light surrounding everyone, and even though that actually seems nuts to me, I'm comforted that someone thinks that, since ideas come from some place, even if not reality.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY