User Tag List

Page 127 of 453 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 4529

Thread: If y ou're post, this is where you drunk!

MBTI
    INFP

damn it, I poured myself an enormous glass of gin. Well, down the hatch as they say.

What draws me in? Well, I like utilizing mbti as a tool and nothing more. At first, I thought it was quite incredible that such a description could describe me so well. Eventually, I realized that the descriptions were certain indicators towards an individuals type but nothing more. You may certainly pigeon hole someone as a type but walk away disappointed. It's helped me understand where other individuals come from and how I should adapt my approach towards dealing with them in order to yield a constructive dialogue.

Would you consider yourself an ENTx? If I recall correctly you've typed yourself as an entp / entj. Why the confusion?
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    damn it, I poured myself an enormous glass of gin. Well, down the hatch as they say.

What draws me in? Well, I like utilizing mbti as a tool and nothing more. At first, I thought it was quite incredible that such a description could describe me so well. Eventually, I realized that the descriptions were certain indicators towards an individuals type but nothing more. You may certainly pigeon hole someone as a type but walk away disappointed. It's helped me understand where other individuals come from and how I should adapt my approach towards dealing with them in order to yield a constructive dialogue.

Would you consider yourself an ENTx? If I recall correctly you've typed yourself as an entp / entj. Why the confusion?
    I get very J under stress. Very P in comfort. It doesnt matter that the whole of the functions changes, I can really blindside people. They seem to be equally dominantate, not sure which one yet will settle in. Probably P as I am not nearly as one track mind as other Js ive known. With them it seems to stop there, with me it seems to climb. I don't know, hard to desrcibe other than it confuses people.

What about you always the NFP?

Seriously, your drunk dont take this to offense what it the feeling thing?

MBTI
    INFP

?? Take offense? Girl, whatcha talkin' about.

I'll attempt to describe the feeling thing from a male aspect. Well, as I've said in an earlier thread, being an nf male is kinda like turning lemons into lemonade right? With your skin off. Certainly, it sucks. Period. I guess it's a matter of carving out a niche for yourself and if anyone seems to align with it, they're good people.

I'm fairly certain that I'm an nfp. I've come across a male infj when I was working as a barrista and his initial impression was that I was a definate intp. I've also been accused of being an NT just from my picture alone i.e Visual interpretation or V.I. I may look it, but if you know me I'm certainly an NFP for sure.

ThatGirl

?? Take offense? Girl, whatcha talkin' about.

I'll attempt to describe the feeling thing from a male aspect. Well, as I've said in an earlier thread, being an nf male is kinda like turning lemons into lemonade right? With your skin off. Certainly, it sucks. Period. I guess it's a matter of carving out a niche for yourself and if anyone seems to align with it, they're good people.

I'm fairly certain that I'm an nfp. I've come across a male infj when I was working as a barrista and his initial impression was that I was a definate intp. I've also been accused of being an NT just from my picture alone i.e Visual interpretation or V.I. I may look it, but if you know me I'm certainly an NFP for sure.
    I actually secretly respect your clarity. Is that weird? At the same time I sort of think because of my own experience that I produce better and more effiecintly on a T level. When people redunantly tell me I need to get in touch with my F I just "feel" it makes things go awry. So this leads me to confusion or rather missenterpretation of those who are feeling dominated. Being a T sucks sometimes. Totally wish I could tune in.

I havent seen your picture but more and more healthy Fs aren't what i have come to expect.

Senior Member Array nonsequitur's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Noel rocks. Aren't many INFP guys who are as well-balanced.

But I'm completely sober, so I shouldn't be here. Maybe in a few hours. :P

MBTI
    INFP

Well, do you yourself wish to get in touch with your F? Certainly a daunting task in itself. I believe everyone contains a certain level of empathy - it's an inherent human trait. Others are more apt at expressing it that others: some openly express it and others selectively express it. I fall into the latter category for sure. I'm quite private with my feelings and I'm ok with that. I feel a worthy substitute for feelings lie in usuage of Ne: figuring out people via questions. They seem interested in your inquiries and your extracting data - it's a win win. Granted, I'll admit that I'm a socially retarded moron. Yet I can seem to function by asking questions and getting the 'hang of things' so to say. At first, feigning emotion may help (even though you may not know the person, what do you care) and from that practice, it sort of becomes a habit so to say. I know I may of made some incredible intuitive leaps there but hopefully it's readable.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Noel rocks. Aren't many INFP guys who are as well-balanced.

But I'm completely sober, so I shouldn't be here. Maybe in a few hours. :P
    Ha! It's good to see a familiar face from intuitive central eh?

ThatGirl

Well, do you yourself wish to get in touch with your F? Certainly a daunting task in itself. I believe everyone contains a certain level of empathy - it's an inherent human trait. Others are more apt at expressing it that others: some openly express it and others selectively express it. I fall into the latter category for sure. I'm quite private with my feelings and I'm ok with that. I feel a worthy substitute for feelings lie in usuage of Ne: figuring out people via questions. They seem interested in your inquiries and your extracting data - it's a win win. Granted, I'll admit that I'm a socially retarded moron. Yet I can seem to function by asking questions and getting the 'hang of things' so to say. At first, feigning emotion may help (even though you may not know the person, what do you care) and from that practice, it sort of becomes a habit so to say. I know I may of made some incredible intuitive leaps there but hopefully it's readable.
    Not really in that the only reason i am giving it thought is that others keep bringing it up. I believe that since I am female I have enough F. I express it, just that it seems forced and I wish people could pick up on those moments when I am, but they dont see it because for some reason when I am expressing emotion, I come off colder than ever IRL. But who cares we are drinking right,

spill your guts

MBTI
    INFP

I know exactly how you feel. I've experienced this with my girlfriend. And I agree with you that you certainly contain an inherent amount of feelings: you just express it different than the norm. I know that, recognize it and respect that.

That's funny that you mention that you already have enough feelings as well. I certainly feel the same as well, another reason why I prefer NTs to NFs. Way too much feelings up en here. Another reason being other than any type I've encountered, NTs exhibit the purest emotions I've ever seen. It's raw, unfiltered, uncut (I know this sounds like a bad movie description but it's true). Truly a sight to behold.

ThatGirl

I know exactly how you feel. I've experienced this with my girlfriend. And I agree with you that you certainly contain an inherent amount of feelings: you just express it different than the norm. I know that, recognize it and respect that.

That's funny that you mention that you already have enough feelings as well. I certainly feel the same as well, another reason why I prefer NTs to NFs. Way too much feelings up en here. Another reason being other than any type I've encountered, NTs exhibit the purest emotions I've ever seen. It's raw, unfiltered, uncut (I know this sounds like a bad movie description but it's true). Truly a sight to behold.
    yup oh well seriously need to get sleeping, have to be up for work in two hours. geesh

nice talkin