User Tag List

Thread: Blogging

Question Blogging

Should I start a blog? I am naturally introverted so to compensate I feel I should be out there in the hurley burley, in the rough and tumble, rather than the calm and peace of a blog. But I could be wrong.

What do you think? Are blogs calm and peaceful? What are the manners and mores of blogs?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Should I start a blog? I am naturally introverted so to compensate I feel I should be out there in the hurley burley, in the rough and tumble, rather than the calm and peace of a blog. But I could be wrong.

What do you think? Are blogs calm and peaceful? What are the manners and mores of blogs?
    Really Victor.. If you are so naturally introverted, why do you need our input?

Sounds like very extroverted behavior.

Just saying.

Extroversion

Extroversion is "the act, state, or habit of being predominantly concerned with and obtaining gratification from what is outside the self". Extroverts tend to enjoy human interactions and to be enthusiastic, talkative, assertive, and gregarious. They take pleasure in activities that involve large social gatherings, such as parties, community activities, public demonstrations, and business or political groups. Politics, teaching, sales, managing and brokering are fields that favor extroversion. An extroverted person is likely to enjoy time spent with people and find less reward in time spent alone. They tend to be energized when around other people, and they are more prone to boredom when they are by themselves.

Introversion

Introversion is "the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one's own mental life". Introverts tend to be more reserved and less outspoken in large groups. They often take pleasure in solitary activities such as reading, writing, drawing, tinkering, playing video games, watching movies and plays, and using computers, along with some more reserved outdoor activities such as fishing. In fact, social networking sites have been a thriving home for introverts in the 21st century, where introverts are free from the formalities of social conduct and may become more comfortable blogging about personal feelings they would not otherwise disclose. The archetypal artist, writer, sculptor, engineer, composer, and inventor are all generally highly introverted. An introvert is likely to enjoy time spent alone and find less reward in time spent with large groups of people, though he or she may enjoy interactions with close friends. Trust is usually always an issue of significance: a virtue of utmost importance to an introvert choosing a worthy companion. They prefer to concentrate on a single activity at a time and like to observe situations before they participate, especially observed in developing children and adolescents.. Introverts are easily overwhelmed by too much stimulation from social gatherings and engagement, though they may not show any outward signs of discomfort. They are more analytical before speaking.

Introversion is not the same as shyness or the social outcast. Introverts choose solitary over social activities by preference, whereas shy people avoid social encounters out of fear and whereas the social outcast faces solitude, but not by choice.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Sorry to sidetrack, but why would anyone need to compensate for introvertedness? I sure don't.

Also, I don't think blogs are calm and peaceful. Maintaining them is such an annoyance, they bring out the worst in me! Hehehe.

But maybe blogging is just to extroverted for my tastes.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

arent you against blogs like you against evyerhting else in this world?

Smile Speaking from my centre on Central

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Really Victor.. If you are so naturally introverted, why do you need our input?
    To some degree I am becoming a mature introvert. By that I mean I am relaxing into my introversion. And being a relaxed introvert I am able to share my inner life with you.

I don't need to argue. I can speak freely from my centre. And I can listen to your reply.

And posting on Central is quite like talking on the telephone in that it takes two to make a telephone conversation.

So I need your input in exactly the same way I need your input on the telephone.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

YES!!! Start a blog! Completely in Victor style! These blogs don't actually need to be long or anything, they can be short or whatever you want. Don't need to tell too much about yourself, you can talk about bullshit if you want. BUT START THAT FRIGGIN BLOG ALREADY!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Smile

I was wondering - can I have a private blog with threads but without replies.

With thanks, Victor.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You can in the official blog section of the forum. The first checkbox gives you the option to disable comment.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    You can in the official blog section of the forum. The first checkbox gives you the option to disable comment.
    Thanks Edahn, it's nice to see you again.

I'll have a look and start an new page.

Thanks again.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You're welcome.