User Tag List

First 2101112

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'd probably get the shit beat out of me for acting weird.

I'd freak out for sure. I'd be so tiny for a guy it would suck. My dad is tiny.

I might lift heavy stuff just because I could. But I wouldn't be able to see what it felt like to have sex as a guy unless my husband also transformed. And even then, our orientation wouldn't necessarily change, so we probably wouldn't even be attracted to each other.

It sounds like a bad dream, tbh.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

What a funny question. I would adapt. That much I can say for sure.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Phantonym

Interesting question. I'd like to think that I'd adapt. I doubt I'd be freaked out too much, probably more curious and intrigued about the why's, how's, and the possibilities ahead of me. I can see going through stages like with grieving. Eventually I'd realize that it would be fun to do it for a while, but not forever.

Initially I'd probably exaggerate the behavior, appearance, and mannerisms of men like I perceive them to be. Play with stereotypes just to get the feel of what it would be like and what feels right to me. It would be easier to treat it like I'm just acting a part in a play or a movie. Observe, learn, practice, adapt, I suppose. I could invent my own identity as a male. However, in the end it would still be me inside that body, I'd just do what feels right to me no matter what gender.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'm going to try to track down the person(s) that did it to me and I will hunt them down. Then under go hormone therapy I guess.

reminds me of this movie that I saw: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1189073/ The Skin I Live In (2011) "La piel que habito" (original title)

I'd be a creepy macho manwhore.
    I really like cats and food.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It would suck terribly if I transformed into a girl; there's a reason I chose to incarnate here as a boy, and that's because I much prefer the idea of power rather than providing.

Power of course needs to be used in noble ways; I don't like how many people use it to gain advantages over others. Self-mastery is where I think it should be directed. And if we can build ourselves up, then we're in better positions for giving good service and guidance.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

It's a bit of an interesting question but it gives a flood of imagination to rework a whole self to fit a certain lifestyle.
    I'd be thinking about whether people understand the dimensions and perspectives of life and how one can disconnect from their person. Yes, their person is what we all get attached to. I'd wonder whether there would be a difference whether or not I was a male. Whether I could simply disconnect from my person altogether and reform the life. I already do so on a common basis where my person is simply an avatar to life which includes orientations of taste, visual, auditory, sexual, etc. I simply live in it but then I get depersonalised.
    From wikipedia
    Depersonalization (or depersonalisation) is an anomaly of self-awareness. It consists of a feeling of watching oneself act, while having no control over a situation.[1] Subjects feel they have changed, and the world has become vague, dreamlike, less real, or lacking in significance. It can be a disturbing experience, since many feel that, indeed, they are living in a "dream".
    The one who watches what your person does. It's a fearful state but then it's also a certain essence. Now, if I were to wake up one day as a female would my initial person dissipate? Would it go away? Is it connected to my body or a intangible mentality? or perhaps a bit of both. Yes. The person is connected to life in all aspects but the 'you' is more of the situation observer. It has no bias. The perceiver. The non-judger. It can make emulations of other persons. While empathy exists through imagination, your initial person is on stand by. Persons are formed at different intervals of life. They can be very different or overlap depending on the external surroundings. Visiting an old friend can bring you back to your old person. We could have a person for family and a person for friends. Different states. It is probable that many may depersonalise with themselves upon entering the new state in confusion. You might find that person in the mirror not who you are. It would be a form of escaping reality but can wear down. As you adapt to the new body, your person you had before the body will adapt to the social and environmental nuances that would differ when being a different gender. Trying to keep them the same will be difficult especially in a social arena where if you become a female, many males may alter their social configuration subconsciously. Might take a while to get used to.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I've no idea.

Which sums both me, (and how I would be), up quite well. Although I might occasionally dress goth for the funz.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

This could go one of two astrnomically different ways.

1. Having been born male. I will assume that this means all of my raw material remains the same except for physical sex (includes body type and hormonal balance) and gender identity. Those two differences would have over two decades to shape my personality, and so would the distinct upbringing and peer treatment that boys recieve as it differs from what girls grow up with. This gives me an overwhelming load of variables, and any possible outcome I can fathom after five minutes of reading thread feels like a pointless shot in the dark. This is what science is for! Tell me when we have the genetic engineering and time travel capabilities to run this test, because then I'd be really interested.

2. Being turned into a male right now, by a wizard or whatever. I take this to mean all of my present traits, accrued over decades of life as a woman, are preserved except body and gender identity. My initial reaction to this scenario is worry. This is being dropped into a culture I am poorly prepared for. A man acting like me will come off as "effeminate" and have to deal with the flak that comes with that. If I think I'm romantically challenged now, lack of confidence in love is tolerated even less in men. LOL, u so beta, Misty. In general life, at this present moment, my personality is not very strong. I have a mood disorder that affects my life, and there is a disturbing reason why men seek help less for those things.

From that starting point, this sex/gender question forces me to notice areas where expectations of women are lower than those for men, and as such the woman's passivity is let to slide as predictable where a man would get his bum smacked for the same behavior. That line of thought raises a question: when a woman malingers in social unskilledness or anxiety (choosing not to change when she can choose otherwise), could there be an element of taking unconscious advantage of that double standard? I don't like that thought because it's milking individual gain from a system that throws all of your people under the bus. Is that question misguided in any way? As I type it, I don't know.

Would it be reasonable and healthy to aspire to accuire traits that would be considered strong no matter what demographic or culture they are referenced to? I have doubts because that is still dependent on the evaluation of others, even if nondiscriminately. Alternately, if you just work to be secure in you and take care of yourself without reference to the standards of any group, you should still be able to hold your own no matter what a wizard turns you into, even if you run into disagreements. This the sounder goal to me.

3. I would be Adrian Brody:
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]