• I am UNDER 30 and I do NOT use the ignore feature

29 58.00%
  • I am OVER 30 and I do NOT use the ignore feature

15 30.00%
First 12

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

some how I think we should look at the over all age of the forum..... lol....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

I added one person to my ignore list, but then I quickly took them off. I actually don't mind the person now and kind of like them... but that is stretching it. All in all, I'm glad I don't have anyone on my ignore list, and I don't think I'll ever put another person on it. Not because I won't run into people I don't favor or like, but because I don't (or I hope) that I never personalize someone's disapproval of me, and I hope that I can respect myself enough to move on from someone's rejection/vilification/negative attitude towards me.

Rejection stings, but what stings more is pretending to be impervious to it, choosing a stupid battle, and making an enemy/antagonist out of someone who, all things considered, is really not much of an antagonist. They just get under your skin. Kind of like some people easily get into your heart and earn your affection, some people, in like kind, easily irritate you.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I agree with all the winking.

18 years old, no person on my ignore list, and I don't foresee that changing.
    Not really.

some how I think we should look at the over all age of the forum..... lol....

Haha, I just read this...
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I am incline to say the overall mean age is somewhere around 28? With the median around 23 or 24? A highly skewed distribution with a right trailing tail...

Do we have enough people on the high range to do regressions?

MBTI
    INFP

So far, I don't have anybody on my ignore list, but I have a feeling that I am on others ignore list (the thread killer that I am).
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

Under and not.
    Apparently I chose the winning category .

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Not because I won't run into people I don't favor or like, but because I don't (or I hope) that I never personalize someone's disapproval of me, and I hope that I can respect myself enough to move on from someone's rejection/vilification/negative attitude towards me.
    That's not the only reason for having someone on your Ignore list. For example, it applies neither to me having someone on my Ignore list, nor to me being on a specific someone else's Ignore list.

Results so far:

Percentage of voters under 30 who use the ignore feature: 7.4% (2 out of 27)

Percentage of voters over 30 who use the ignore feature: 21.05% (4 out of 19)

This is too small of a sample to draw any conclusions, but if these results were relative on a much larger scale, would they support your hypothesis, Heart? Did you think that people over 30 were more likely to use the ignore feature? If so, why?

I think it has to do with circumstances and personal preferences more than anything else. In my case, I've never been bothered by anyone enough to even consider putting them on ignore. I get along with everybody just fine.

I think the missing variable is if the voter has ever had a serious problem with anybody here before. With that information, and with age factored in, we could figure out if people over 30 were more likely to ignore people they didn't like or if it was just merely coincidental and circumstancial.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    This is too small of a sample to draw any conclusions, but if these results were relative on a much larger scale, would they support your hypothesis, Heart? Did you think that people over 30 were more likely to use the ignore feature? If so, why?

Seems higher for over 30. Like you say sample probably too small to tell much.

I think a person over 30 might use it more because of just being more ready to dispense with anything that they consider less than desirable to spend their time on.