User Tag List

Thread: In the spirit of Dihydrogen Monoxide

Permabanned Array

Default In the spirit of Dihydrogen Monoxide

I would like to point out the dangers of a gas, found commonly in the atmosphere. this gas comes from both natural and artificial sources, but human activity, including agriculture, military activities, and even some fuel production. this gas is also commonly used as a raw material in industry, for such products as fertilizer, plastics, metal purification and alloy production, among others. Recently, it has been the subject of experiments as a rocket propellant.

This gas, however, involves many extreme dangers, and most be reduced to combat them. First, it accelerates burning, more easily allowing fires to occur, In certain concentrations in air, it can even help cause explosions, these explosions have caused many deaths and countless injuries. It can also corrode certain materials, weakening structures and causing numerous dangers from their wear and tear. Over time in humans, this substance can increase the amount of free radicals generated, possibly leading to mutations, earlier aging and death, and cancer. This gas can also be converted into a second form that causes breathing trouble and lung damage. It is recommended that production of this gas be slowed down and stopped due to these safety issues.

(For those who have not heard of dihydrogen monoxide, look here)

Furry Critter with Claws Array Kiddo's Avatar

It was an assignment in my high school chemistry class to take home an article describing the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide and get people to sign a "petition" to ban it. I got six signatures.

In fact, the teacher was told afterward that he was not allowed to do it again. So I guess some people didn't like being taken for fools.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

*whatever is reminded of a facebook group of which she is a member- because she clicks on every invitation with a yes- she apparently wants to ban this evil dihydrogen monoxide stuff*

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett