5 3 9

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Actually, can anyone tell me where I can find out more about who started this website and who runs it? I'm having trouble finding an answer in the FAQs and online in general.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    Actually, can anyone tell me where I can find out more about who started this website and who runs it? I'm having trouble finding an answer in the FAQs and online in general.
    haight, he drops by every full moon or so. I don't know much about him, except that there was once some spam trying to convince everyone that he's a hacker and he's taking our details and selling them or something? It's almost believable
    5 3 9

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ys-server.html
    Site ownership: Typology Central vs INTP central
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    What makes you people so nice??? I'm thinking that other forums might be boring and hence people try to spice it up with some trolling. It's not funny at all, yet they seem to think it is. Reminds me of INTPc somewhat. I feel like a troll magnet too, they don't need to say much and I'll probably take the bait lol.

/fluff rant. :steam:
    You missed the trolls on here? They must be out-clevering you!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFP

I know what you're doing here.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

There is obviously two things playing into why a forum becomes what it becomes: first the topic of the forums (the average troll usually hangs around at sites with other related topic) and second moderation. Moderation especially at start of a forum determines how the forum will be - loads of spam by pubertating trolls or normal speaking persons. I guess the mods here did a decent job, but I am not here for long yet so I don't really know. They seem to be more "behind the scenes".

There's trolls here too or at least there's been threads about trolling which where not exactly damning of the idea, there was even an internet troll who attempted to showcase this forum on their own website, you get them everywhere and they behave how they do for a variety of reasons.

Perhaps its the attempt to "spice" things up as you say, which sounds like a dead forum, people run out of things to say to one another, or a lot of the time is piss poor social skills spilling out on to the web, the majority of honest to God trolls are the sort of people who can be found ranting to themselves in bus shelters or who exist in a kind of mean delusional world in which they have to be on the perpetual attack to defend their fragile selves. Now why anyone would want to consicously emulate that I dont bloudy know.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

There are really quite a lot of trolls here - they just tend to confine themselves to a specific part of the forum (the politics subforum is good for this) or troll in a highly indirect style which makes them hard to pin down as trolls for some people (read, clever trolls). I actually think this forum boasts one of the more interesting collections of trolls around for those who are interested in studying such matters.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And then there are the trolls who are trolls, but don't realize they're trolls.

They just see what they want to see.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft