First 496896946986994995996997998100610461096 Last

Results 9,951 to 9,960 of 13732

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    If it's safe, and has a texture, taste and colour that's similar to non-lab-grown meat, I might consider it.

Would you?
    Of course. I expect that if it makes economical sense we might do it eventually as our empathy continues expanding out and pushing the boundaries of in\out group dynamics out of the human realm and into other species. If so eating 'real meat' would probably end up being seen as a barbaric act by people who will never have had to get used to the notion and internalize it as normal at an early age

Would you consider settling another planet ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Of course. I expect that if it makes economical sense we might do it eventually as our empathy continues expanding out and pushing the boundaries of in\out group dynamics out of the human realm and into other species. If so eating 'real meat' would probably end up being seen as a barbaric act by people who will never have had to get used to the notion and internalize it as normal at an early age

Would you consider settling another planet ?
    Yes.

What do you think distinguishes a human from "meat"?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Yes.

What do you think distinguishes a human from "meat"?
    Subjectivity, the illusion that metacognition is separate from cognition rather than a part looking at another part of a variably interconnected whole. Genetically and culturally programmed taboos.

At what time do you usually go to bed? Because i should go
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

NPcomplete

Subjectivity, the illusion that metacognition is separate from cognition rather than a part looking at another part of a variably interconnected whole. Genetically and culturally programmed taboos.

At what time do you usually go to bed? Because i should go
    It's not fixed but usually around midnight-1 am.

What's your favourite extinct civilisation?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It's not fixed but usually around midnight-1 am.

What's your favourite extinct civilisation?
    The ancient greeks. Both grand parent to the western world and an early hub of eastern and western philosophies and the birth place of the western school of thoughts when it comes to politics. It was a culture complex and simple enough to come up with and reinterpret the basic questions that are still being asked today. A culture simple enough to say that might makes right and complex enough to ask what it is exactly, we call might.
    They were a civilization powerful enough to base part of their economy on slavery (though the romans are the ones who really based their economical growth on slavery, which was also eventually one of the structural cause of their downfall, but that's a looonng conversation with many theories and such)

And so much more. But I could talk of other civilizations. The epic of Gilgamesh is particularly cool. It's interesting to see what people did with double edged materials such as basic ceramics.

What is yours?

... In theory.

NPcomplete

The ancient greeks. Both grand parent to the western world and an early hub of eastern and western philosophies and the birth place of the western school of thoughts when it comes to politics. It was a culture complex and simple enough to come up with and reinterpret the basic questions that are still being asked today. A culture simple enough to say that might makes right and complex enough to ask what it is exactly, we call might.
    They were a civilization powerful enough to base part of their economy on slavery (though the romans are the ones who really based their economical growth on slavery, which was also eventually one of the structural cause of their downfall, but that's a looonng conversation with many theories and such)

And so much more. But I could talk of other civilizations. The epic of Gilgamesh is particularly cool. It's interesting to see what people did with double edged materials such as basic ceramics.

What is yours?
    Fantastic answer! I quite like the Aztecs. Quetzalcoatl, human sacrifices..need I say more?

What's your favourite pastry?

A: Contemporary. That is the kind I litter this forum with the most, too.

Q: You have the power to go any distance into the future and, after one year, return to the present with any knowledge you have gained from your experience but with no physical objects. Would you make the journey if it carried at 50% risk of death?
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    A: Contemporary. That is the kind I litter this forum with the most, too.

Q: You have the power to go any distance into the future and, after one year, return to the present with any knowledge you have gained from your experience but with no physical objects. Would you make the journey if it carried at 50% risk of death?
    Answer - Yes I would. If I ever get SUCH a great chance you described, it means luck is on my side isn't it? So I'll surely take it. And what is to say I wouldn't die if I never took the trip?

Question - If someone is in a pretty happy relationship, but you truly madly deeply love this person and that you know you can make this person (and keep her) incredibly happy too, if by any chance (maybe even a devious plot) you'll get to hook up with this person (by making her break up with the partner) would you do it?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Question - If someone is in a pretty happy relationship, but you truly madly deeply love this person and that you know you can make this person (and keep her) incredibly happy too, if by any chance (maybe even a devious plot) you'll get to hook up with this person (by making her break up with the partner) would you do it?
    No, don't fuck with other peoples happiness, move on. (or wait)

How able are you in the dark arts department?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

ask @Satine(if that's still her nickname). She's my guru.

Can you hold the image of a flame still in your mind ?

... In theory.