User Tag List

Page 705 of 1346 FirstFirst ... 2056056556957037047057067077157558051205 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 13455

Thread: Ask the Next Person Anything

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Unfortunately not...

Which one was the best?
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

The one that didn't turn into an emotional minefield afterwards and where no one felt left out.

I'll let you work that out, also they are just the kinds, not how many times =)

Of the three which would you prefer?

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Interesting...

I'd want the typical one that most every guy would want.

Did you go dp in the one I'm assuming was your favorite one?
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'll let you use your imagination on that one.....

Why have you not had one?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Have had the opportunity, but didn't like the 3rd party.

Other than that, haven't had another opportunity.

Can anybody else take it from here?

(I gotta go... )
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yes. That is, if you guys would quit directing the questions specifically at one another.

What is the last movie you saw and what did you think?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sorry!!

the last movie i saw was Primer and i loved it, the mental chaos it takes you on is beautiful.

What do you think makes a good movie?

Senior Member Array FakePlasticAlice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

A good movie eh? Oh so many aspects..where to start...

Well, to begin with, it starts with a good story transferred into a well written script. I also don't think that traditional narratives make for the best movies, they most definitely CAN, but i don't think they do nearly as often as something a little more off beat. Which is generally the trouble when transferring a book into a movie, most seem to be failures, however i'm sure we can all think of those that have flourished as movies (Lord of the Rings, Fight Club - just the two that popped in my head atm).

Okay, so, good story, well written script, next i'm going to say set. I'm not going to elaborate much on this one other than to say that while this is where many movies (and tv shows) spend a lot of their budget (Boardwalk Empire), a minimal set can be just as effective and even more so..if you've ever seen Dogville you'll know what i mean.

So, if you've got no set.. how can you still have a great movie? Actors and Director. Afterall, you are watching a Director's vision be played out before your eyes. One of the biggest things i weigh a movie on is acting, probably because i've done so for a large chunk of my life. No matter how good everything else is, if the acting isn't believable i cannot watch the movie. An actor should be able to draw you into his/her character, make you feel and think the way they do and even forget your own identity for a couple hours. When they are hurt you should feel hurt, when they laugh you should laugh with them. Well, that's one thing for the protagonists, as for the antagonists...i think they're job is even harder..you still want to respect their acting and at the same time hate them. Personally, a great actor will have me hooked and i will try to watch everything they are in (Leonardo Decaprio being one of mine - though i gotta say he's kinda been sucking it up lately.)

Next, is mood, which i think is created mostly through lighting, sound and cinematography . I've done all these jobs before and they are such a huge part of what is being created. Lighting is most obviously one indicator of mood, you know yourself the change between a ceiling light, a small lamp, and a few candles...whoever turns on a bright ceiling light for a romantic dinner? Sounds...mostly speaking of score and/or soundtrack, can completely change a movie. I've actually left many movies unsure of what i thought, then later listened to the score or soundtrack on it's own, then going back to the movie to rethink it, it had a whole new effect on me. And i gotta say i do love those movies that i come out unsure and go back and the more i watch it the more i love it! As for cinematography, THIS is how the movie is being presented to us! This is a unique view on a situation, story..whatever it be. This is an aspect i could go on about forever, but i spare whoever is actually reading this ridiculously long post.

And just one quick note on special effects. I think most of us can agree that the special effects in the original star wars movies are vastly superior to the computer graphics of the newer ones. Giving it a completely different feel. CG can be FANTASTIC, don't get me wrong, but there are also other ways in which you can get the desired effect. For this one, i'm going to go with the example of my avatar here, the movie The Fountain (all-time favorite movie). The visuals are absolutely stunning and breathtaking in and of themselves! This movie, which has a large chunk of it's story taking place in space, surprisingly uses minimal CG..instead, most of those beautiful golden images you see are actually micro-photography of underwater bacteria. Special effects can really take you to a place you could only think of in your imagination!

While there are many other aspects, i think those i listed are the most important in what makes a good movie to the audience...however every job on the set is VERY important. You need every little detail taken care of when making a movie, which requires much team work (which is the only real reason i opted out of studying film & video production any further). When every detail is taken care of, when everyone does their job to perfection the result can be amazing.

However, there is one last thing..and i think all of the above mentioned go towards creating it. And that's emotional depth. This is something that is much more personal to me and may not be criteria for a great movie for everyone. If the movie doesn't tug at some emotional string i have, truly giving me an outlet (yes, comedies included - as deep, sincere laughter that makes me want to replay the moment again is definitely an outlet) then i will never fully connect to them. To me, movies are an experience, and i like to come out of them feeling as though i can take something from it and make it personal to me, i want to think about the movie again and again, re-watch it, and be excited to show others. When all of these things have been met..then it's a great movie!

Now for my question, i'm going to keep with the movie theme - What is your ALL TIME favorite movie...and why?
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

It may very well be 'The Fountain'...

Why do you have it as your avatar?
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Q: What do you think makes a good movie?
    A: The suspension of disbelief.

Q: Would you prefer to be sympathetic or empathetic?