User Tag List

Page 1157 of 1342 FirstFirst ... 15765710571107114711551156115711581159116712071257 ... LastLast
Results 11,561 to 11,570 of 13414

Thread: Ask the Next Person Anything

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth_perhaps View Post
    People with creative minds need to know if they're either crazy or creative, when clearly everyone's both. I think honestly just to make sure were human, or society's version of human. For me mostly, it's out of insecurity. probably same for most others. I'm really shocked when people think the same complimentary thoughts about myself, because I just feel like I'm being delusional.. idk

What is the cold truth about humor?
    Take some ridiculous, real-life circumstances that we aware of but don't mention, but don't just address them. Nail them in the head. Roast the ridiculousness. Crush mediocrity. Let the people know what they are doing to their lives. Tell the truth. Give it to 'em, and hit it hard.

Why do so many people hold their important opinions back? Why are they so mortally afraid of embarrassment, when their apathy already welcomes judgement and condemnation? Why do we all stand in circles around the elephant in the room, and why is no soul brave enough to walk up and address it?

Why do we conspire against one another even from birth? Why is it a sin to let others know how we feel?

Why does the world move so fast, and where are we going? Why are we sprinting down the conveyor belt to oblivion, persecuting those who choose to lag behind?

LadyLazarus

Wow...hmm,yes I suppose there was never any mention of a question limit,as far as I am aware that is.

I feel most people hold their important opinions back because they are afraid of how others will react or are afraid to disrupt in any way,as you said out of embarrassment.Shame is the principle inhibitor of greatness in my opinion,it holds us back more than any other emotion.It keeps us quiet,much to those who hold power's pleasure.

We all stand in circles around the elephant in the room because society is aware of the power of shame and thus manipulates it through social standards in order to keep those with important/differing opinions in check by creating pressure to be docile from the majority.People are easier to control that way.Think about it,it would be hard to keep us all oblivious if everyone with valuable insights felt they could express themselves verbally,especially if they where persuasive about it.

We conspire against each other since birth because humans are born into a power-hungry world of greed and therefore take upon/become greed personified.As humans we all aware of this,we are all aware of the selfish nature of humanity and thus end up reciprocating the self centered actions shown to ourselves by others.To put it in short;"it's a dog eat dog world".If you are not willing to step on others,you will be stepped on,ten times over,twenty times over.Anything to make sure you stay down,anything to make sure"I" get to the top and succeed over "you".In the end being the "better person" will get you nowhere,it's all about who is the most amoral and willing to do anything to get to the top.Once more,this is exploited by those smart enough to know how;the powers that be,By creating a widely accepted picture of success,only achievable through competition(school,work,and other similarly hierarchal constructs),they create a sense of every man for himself,thus we begin to see each other as enemies and therefore begin to focus our animosity on ourselves,we destroy and decimate ourselves,so they don't have to bother doing it themselves.

Personally I feel that showing my feelings to others(strangers) is a "sin"because it allows others to see my vulnerability and thus puts a target on my back,as "easy pickings", so to speak.In the end I know no one cares and no is going to comfort or try to help me,quite the contrary;they'll exploit my moment of weakness by kicking me while I'm down.The world is vile and I cannot afford to leave myself vulnerable on the battle field.I need my armor,I need to appear strong in order to survive.

We move fast because we know nothing more,nor have we ever known anything more,since the beginning we have been taught to compete with one another,to work towards achieving success,whatever that may be.In reality we are going nowhere,we are racing towards death,in a hurry to accumulate as many worldly riches as possible,just so we can die and leave them behind,all for naught.In the end for most what else is there to do but what everyone else is doing?
    Humans are creatures of habit by nature,nothing more than a bunch of hairless apes bound to repeat the same mistakes over and over;traverse through the same circle of life and death over and over,as I mentioned before,this is all we have ever known,we have been taught that those who go about life at a leisurely pace are the dregs of society who do not contribute to the supposed "greater good",thus we persecute them as they are seen as useless by the machine of society,and so it sends out it's dutiful little drones to try and disperse of them.

All in all,it all comes back to the dreadful,dull-minded nature of mankind and the need to rule over/hold power over each other;we're stupid,selfish creatures,who do nothing but follow the pack,everyone wants to feel special but no one really wants to be special,for that very reason,it was not hard for us to keep the majority of our species nice and docile, as they practically brought it upon themselves with their willingness to accept mindless rules of behavior.

Avocados or Morgan Freeman?

Senior Member Array

Morgan Freeman

Peabo Bryson or Michael Bolton?

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Why not both?

Flamenco or salsa?
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Senior Member Array captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Socionics
    INTj None

Quote Originally Posted by AngelLight2012 View Post
    Why not both?

Flamenco or salsa?
    Flamenco.

What's more annoying than Seth Rogen's laugh?
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Healer-in-Training Array Morning Star's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

[Nice choice! ]

Pre-teens who think they're adults - I mean, why can't they simply enjoy their childhood and teenage years? Once they reach college, they will begin to see adulthood and the world for what it really is and wish they had the "good old days" back.

Can politicians be trusted in today's world?
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Banned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think Everyone can be trusted if you know how to put yourself on the winning end of the deal, but then again, can they trust you?

Would you ever make a contract with the Darkness?

Senior Member Array

If I knew, I might be able to answer.

In detail, what is the Darkness?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

The Darkness is a completely trustworthy organization with a long history of upholding its agreements. No living person can say otherwise. The Darkness puts people first. We love our employees and give them comprehensive benefits packages including a very generous life insurance policy. Trust in The Darknesstm. We love you.

What would you do for The Darkness?
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Senior Member Array Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Socionics
    ILI

I would help "liberate" the Serbs from Albania for the darkness.

What does The Darkness (tm) mean to you?