User Tag List

First 345

Okay, you will laugh.

When I was twelve I started to become involved in an online gaming site called pogo. On there, I met a guy with whom I became COMPLETELY infatuated, nearly on the spot. He rejected me even as a friend, and in a caustic way. Wounded, I went on, and a couple months later I remembered him and wondered what he was up to. At the same time, the glorious thought of going under a different alias and befriending him again, this time not behaving so needily and pathetically and perhaps impressing him more, occurred to me. So, I went under a different alias, and not only did I change my age, but I changed nearly everything about myself, from my name to the fact that I had a job (at the time, I was far too young to even fathom what having a job was like).

He believed me! Not only BELIEVED me, but claimed later that he really had no clue of my real age and never connected me to my previous alias. I still laugh in bafflement at this irony, but he and I hit it off the second time. No, we actually did. I know, SAY WHA?! I remember hours of conversation that was literally nothing but laughter. I STILL smile just thinking about it.

Anyway, for a couple years this charade went on, him (19 at the time we met? 18, at the youngest?) thinking that I was sixteen. We both aged, and at one point he forgot my exact age, and I did too (oops!). He asked me what my age was again, so I guessed, hoping that he really had forgotten for sure. I think he said, "Hmm, really? I could have sworn you were (insert age here)." Me: "Wow, your memory is poor." The point is, I eventually told him my real age and why I'd deceived him.

Haha, so, we're still friends, six years later. OH, crap! This was about my username, yeah? Okay. Well, when I made up the second alias to fool him into thinking I was a stranger, the name I came up with, which, at the time, I thought was pretty damn cool, was: Me + pmsing + have + fun. I still squint in shame at that name, because I almost laugh at how... stupid and weird it is. So, it was mepmsinghavefun, in one long string. No one ever got it. They all said, "Do you like to sing? I notice 'sing' in your username." LMAO.

Ok, so, still thinking it was cool as a fourteen-year-old, I used it when signing up for various sites and forums. Eventually, though, I decided I needed a shortened version of it, a nickname, if you will. "Mempy" was born. It's not an exact shortening of the name, but it looks and sounds /vaguely/ - and I mean vaguely - similar, hehe.

So, anyway, back to the guy. Still friends, we talk every now and then. I enjoy our conversations when he's not trying too hard to be an arse. He's an INTJ, sometimes too heavy on the caustic T and J. Other times, so soft you could stick him on a spit and roast him like a marshmallow. Sigh. I like INTJs. (Um, most of the time. I'm recalling the last convo I had with him, in which he deadpanned, "Uh, to be honest, I am not at all interested in this book" in regard to a book I brought up for conversation fodder. Was a bit tiffy the night before last, 'e was.)

P.S. Forgot the avatar. It's a from-scratch drawing/painting using as reference a national geographic picture I really like. I started with a blank canvas and after hours of detail work, this artwork emerged, (almost) completed. It was done in photoshop, so don't think I'm an oil paints guru or something. I actually did get as far as almost finishing the legs, but my avatar is a safety draft that I saved before I got to the legs. I thought it looked a little more NF and abstract without the legs, but... perhaps I'll put them back on, at some time or other.

Edit: Yes, I did have the original photograph of the picture as my avatar for a while, but eventually I decided I liked my replica better.
    Last edited by Mempy; 01-17-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INTJ

The rednecks with routers that I worked with in a banking data center in rural NC were dying to call it to my face anyway.
    One morning, some asshole in a state trooper car decided he would play that Cartman "authrotah" game and follow me into town at the exact speed limit. eventually I got a ticket for having a clear plastic cover on my tag (purchased from the DMV office)
    That day, I put up a photoshop at the office that showed a local sign which read, "Local police are now targeting: Tea drinking Limey bastards!"
    and it stuck...

Allegedly someone afterwards gained access to a wireless connected road sign in town to make it read some odd messages, but I don't know anything, you can't prove anything, leave me alone! ok?

MBTI
    INFJ

How did you choose your MBTIc name & avatar?
    What's the story behind them?
    Why did you choose them?

MBTIc name is the same one I use on all forums. It's a mistype of my nickname from childhood and I liked it so it became my on-line alias.

The avatar is from a time when I was particularly interested in Russian history and culture. I was exploring a Russian art gallery online and found my current avatar there.

How often do you change your avatar?
    Why do you change it?

I used to change maybe 1-3 times/year with large scale mood changes and pick things that reflected my state of mind. However, since I chose my current avatar sometime early last year (I think?) I haven't changed. I received a strongly positive reaction to it and many people seem to feel a strong positive association between this avatar and how I present in my writing. I agree that it seems to represent my inner spirit well and so it remains. I admit though that sometimes I do still get itchy for change. It may change at some point, I don't know. Though my little rep points thing says that I'd better not change my avatar...for the time being I'll obey--I wouldn't want people to stop liking me after all.

Are you happy with you MBTIc name?

Yep. Feels like me.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    INFJ

Whoohoo, I was gone for a week or so and just re-checked my rep points after posting. I apparently am now ready for garage sales!

Time to start scouting out a new avatar, perhaps.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    The rednecks with routers that I worked with in a banking data center in rural NC were dying to call it to my face anyway.
    One morning, some asshole in a state trooper car decided he would play that Cartman "authrotah" game and follow me into town at the exact speed limit. eventually I got a ticket for having a clear plastic cover on my tag (purchased from the DMV office)
    That day, I put up a photoshop at the office that showed a local sign which read, "Local police are now targeting: Tea drinking Limey bastards!"
    and it stuck...

Allegedly someone afterwards gained access to a wireless connected road sign in town to make it read some odd messages, but I don't know anything, you can't prove anything, leave me alone! ok?
    Are coffee drinking limey bar stewards okay?

I'm just wondering if it's the tea or the jingoistic cop?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

This thread is going to make no sense when everybody changes their avatar.

Mort Belfry is the name of a character in a story I never finished which was a parody off Miss Marple. My name in intpcentral is of another character in the same story called Miss Gretchen Beast.

For my avatar, I just google image searched for "Bernard Black." That guy is my hero, I wanted him or Larry Daivd, but I probably won't keep the avatar long.

(I have since changed my avatar)
    Last edited by Mort Belfry; 01-20-2008 at 04:51 AM.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.