User Tag List

First 2345 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    Avatar - I hesitated on the avatar. I made a few different versions that spoke "jive ass turkey" to me. Before I committed on this one I asked my wife if she thought this avatar would make me look like a racist and she said, "yeah." So I thought about it a while and decided that if there was something wrong with me maybe this'd be a good place to be honest about it. I also love the two guys in the photo. They really light me up.
    I thought you were one of the guys in the photo...no joke I really did.

MBTI
    INFP

The picture and the name is my childhood kitty that I knew for most of the first two decades of my life. He is dead, but I still love him. It makes me happy to see him whenever I post. INFPgc was the first forum I joined and choosing Marmalade to represent me seemed perfectly natural. I have the same name and picture on all forums I belong to(except where its already been taken in which case I go by MarmINFP). I'll never change the name, and I'd only change the picture to another one of Marmalade.

I like having the same name and picture everywhere. Its my mission to spread the name and picture of my beloved kitty on forums across the web. Plus, it makes it easier for people to reognize and remember me. I get confused by people who change their names and pictures, and I don't wish to cause other people confusion.

MBTI
    isfj

I did some of this in my "hiya" welcome thread.

The name is what comes up when entering my actual name using predictive text in the text messaging realm, plus a "w". I use this name for almost everything I do on the internet since it's kind of personal and unique.

The avatar is Ronald Reagan at his birthday party lookin' all confused. It's from a Newsweek or Time article about Alzheimer's disease. I know it's a little insensitive, but I think it's a funny looking picture. Plus, sometimes I go a little catatonic like that when getting a talkin' to... all confused looking, zoned out. So, I can sort of relate, in a weird way, I guess... maybe. I chose this picture because I just rediscovered it after about 10 years. I had the actual article picture in my binder in high school.

I have not changed my avatar yet because I just joined! I may when I get bored of this one.

I am happy with my name and avatar.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    INTJ

How did you choose your MBTIc name & avatar?
    My forum name is the car that I drive (and have driven) for the past 8 years, a Mazda Miata MX-5. My car is my alter-ego when I'm not pensively brooding the complete collapse of western society, thus the avatar.

What's the story behind them?
    Anyone that knows me (and few do) knows that I am "into" cars and motorcycles and all things mechanical that go real fast. Some would say that I am like my car; small, light, quick, not very powerful, but exceptionally nimble, very reliable, undemanding. Also; cold, mechanical, linear (as in "garbage in, garbage out"), obscure, and deadly in a crash. Given that, I went with the concept for my name.

As an (almost classic) INTJ, I am constantly thinking, plotting, planning, dissecting. It takes me 5 minutes to answer, "How are you?" which upsets just about everyone. So "Le Penseur" is very apropos.

How often do you change your avatar?
    I don't intend to (unless I get a really good picture of my car to put up).

Why do you change it?
    I haven't.

Are you happy with you MBTIc name?
    Quite, thank you very much.
    MBC - writing bad poetry, kickin' ass.

MBTI
    OMNi

I'm an immature, college brat so Kiddo just fits well. My first avatar, the swirl, was chosen because of a nightmare I've had since I was a little kid, where I'm swallowed up by a vortex. I picked this current one because I am an anime otaku and he is uber cute.

I try to change it every few weeks.

Why do you change it?

Cuz it gets boring.

For now I am. I'll change it someday.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I found my original avatar (the one I've had from May up to this past week) in a book of art and it just resonated with me -- captured how I felt about myself. It was "me."

I chose my name the same way.... because it's "me." Just like anyone else picks a name that they feel reflects their "true identity." Anything else was covered a long time ago in my blog.

I didn't until a few days ago.

Why do you change it?
    I still love my old one, but I need variety. Even when I love something, I have trouble committing to it long term and need some variation.

At the moment, yes. (After much more time passes, I might be more interested in having a more whimsical one.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    My avatar is of Joe Strummer ( from The Clash) - I loved him dearly and was devastated when he died. He's my special, shiny object, so seeing his face is a delight to me.

I totally thought that was Edward Norton. Or did you change it since posting?
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    I totally thought that was Edward Norton. Or did you change it since posting?
    I can see why you might mistake the two - Joe was also skinny and had a ton of hair. I haven't changed the picture, but perhaps I need to change it out.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

How did you choose your MBTIc name & avatar? What's the story behind them? Why did you choose them?
    No great tale behind it - the ideas came to me, probably during a shower or something as they tend to do so, generally.
    Nadir, in addition to its meaning in English - "the lowest point" - also means "rare, unique" in my native language (Turkish), Arabic, and Hebrew. I am in no position to say that I am depressed or anything similar, but I liked the rather contrasting meanings.

My avatar was originally a photograph depicting a man with a jester's cap with his mouth forced open to a grotesquely smiling expression, titled "Smile to me anyhow", but upon request of the artist I had asked for permission, I removed it.

The idea for my current avatar came to me while I was indulging my excretion system, one nugget at a time. Don't ask, it was kind of sudden. So I opened up Photoshop and whipped it up within a few minutes. As you can see, it represents feelings of not fitting in and alienation, feelings that have their place in my psyche and visit me on occasion. It was rather hastily done, but I like it. I am sure I'll improve on it or do something new with a similar theme later on. I am by no means a digital artist or even a Photoshop hobbyist but the program is very fun to play with.

How often do you change your avatar? Why do you change it?
    It depends on the next idea that comes to me, I guess... that I think will be an improvement over the current one.

No reason not to be. I am!
    Not really.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    What's the story behind them?
    Why did you choose them?
    Why do you change it?
    1. Noel is my name. And Sol Invictus is my avatar. The pictured sun is a creation by the band Sol Invictus, a folk noire band from England. They carry on the tradition of Classical arrangement through Neoclassicalism.

2. My first user name was the prefix of my email address: njhnoid. I felt like there were too many syllables to pronounce and considered using my real name that has one. Noel isn't a fairly common name, so I thought why not.

3. I like their music a lot and I like Latin words. Latin sounds, feels and hints at an ethereal past.

4. I've had four avatars during my stay here.

5. Bored.

6. Yeah.