User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

How did you choose your MBTIc name & avatar?
    It is a relatively new nick I came up with in Norwegian, and it means "divided", I am sure you get that. I like how it sounds philosophical and gives kind of a sense of me being a somewhat troubled soul, which I am at the moment. My avatar is a picture of me I took some time ago. I just love it. Again I like the philosophical feel to it, even though it's maybe a bit wannabe. :P

What's the story behind them?
    I guess I have already told.

Why did you choose them?
    Again, I have already told. :P

How often do you change your avatar?
    Haven't done so far, I just love the one I have too much.

Why do you change it?
    If I change it, it will be because I am sick of it. :P

Are you happy with you MBTIc name?
    Sure, although I guess it should maybe be in English.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Name is Noah, and it's so ironic for me to say "No offense" that I just couldn't help myself. Ya bastards. (no offense)

Avatar is...well...weird. All that matters.
    No story at all. They are for new stories, not old.
    Why did you choose them?
    I guess "how" and "why" are conjoined twins for me.
    Maybe every six months, or when the whim strikes.
    Why do you change it?
    Found something better.
    If I wasn't, it wouldn't be my name.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, unfortunately, I didn't really spend a lot of time on it. I have always been bad at naming things and usually find an extremely "T" reason to give something a certain name.
    I'm an INTJ, and my most important identity on this planet has been as a Mom.
    Why did you choose them?
    It describes who I am to a certain degree. I wondered if I should use "Mom" or not because I wondered if it would stir up unpleasant feelings in people, or cause people to stereotype me, but lacking an alternative, I went with it.
    I have changed it once, but I don't like to change it. I am visual and tend to look at avatars rather than usernames. I like it when people keep their avatar the same so when I see the avatar, I know it's them.
    Why do you change it?
    I changed it because it was a picture of Saturn's rings, but that wasn't easily discernible. I LOVE waterfalls, so that seemed like a good choice. That particular waterfall is in Ireland.
    Are you happy with your MBTIc name?
    I guess it's okay. I wouldn't use my real name because I tend to share very personal information and I wouldn't want anyone in real life to guess who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Has there been a similar thread previously? ...
    Yes.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...user-name.html

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post

Sure, although I guess it should maybe be in English.
    No way. It rocks as it is. If it were in English, it'd not only be ineligant, but I'd envision you as a pretentious American emo kid!

FMWarner
    - I've always loved your avatar and wanted a big version of it for my desktop! It makes me chuckle every time I see it!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

How did you choose your MBTIc name & avatar? + What's the story behind them? + Why did you choose them?

MBTIc name

I used Alsearos elsewhere and I hate coming up new nick names so I used that.
    The history of making up Alcearos:
    - I love flowers and I thought I could take some flowers Latin name as my nick name. (Latin because the names of flowers in my native language would have been very weird sounding in English forums.)

I did some searching of flowers and their Latin names and wanted to pick up a flower that would represent me somehow, e.g. rose felt like too posh for me. I found Alcea Rosea which is called as althaea or hollyhock in English. That flower seemed to represent myself well. It’s a quite tall, non-posh flower with a bit worn looks. Just like me I’m quite tall and worn. The flowers of Alcea Rosea are also pink or purple and I love those colours.

Alcea Rosea was unfortunately already taken in that other place where I wanted to use it so I came up with Alcearos. I could have used Alcea Rosea here but realized that too late.

I use flowers, and parts of pictures me or my husband have taken. I love nature and animals so I use them also. Recently I have used pictures of Modesty Blaise because she kicks some ass and I have felt like kicking some ass lately.

How often do you change your avatar? + Why do you change it?

When I feel like changing it. I usually change avatar when my mood changes (so often ).

Yes, probably.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

How did you choose your MBTIc name
    I did not. My Parents, Mr. and Mrs. Utahensis gave it to me.

& avatar?
    It is a picture of myself when I was in twelfth grade.

The word name "Falcarius" is Latin, it means "sickle cutter". My parents thought it would give the other dinosaurs an impression of 'muscular masculinity' when they thought of me. Mommy worried about me as I was only little.

Why did you choose them?
    I did not.

N/A

Why do you change it?
    N/A

No, really. I would have preferred it if my mom let daddy called me 'George', like he wanted to originally. The name 'George' means "farmer", I think the name 'George' goes better with my personality better than the name 'Falcarius'.

When I was in tenth grade, the ESFJ T-Rex in my class kept calling me a "Falc the Fag". I don't have anything against homosexuals, I just don't like being called things I am not. I not the one who had a habit of skipping.

I started to call the ESFJ T-Rex "Tachyoryctes rex" (King Mole Rat), he did not like it as the Triceratops used to laugh at it. The Triceratops kept annoying me as well, they kept saying I was a 'pseudo-vegetarian'. I had only just converted, so I was only a flexitarian at that point in time. The T-rex was after me for the rest of tenth grade. Lucky, I was held back and had to do tenth grade again, as I did not get very high marks in my hunting exams.:steam:

In my second time in tenth grade I used to hang out with Alamosaurus. Alamosaurus was a long-necked, whip-tailed dinosaur. I liked Alamosaurus as he protected me from the T-rex at recess. The T-rex was intimidated by Alamosaurus, as he was into kung fu and he had a dangerous long tail. The only bad thing about hanging out with Alamosaurus was I would always win a 'hide and seek', as he was so big and slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

My name is something I randomly thought of for an OKcupid profile.
    My avatar was a picture I had laying around.

I got tired of using the same few screen names over and over again, so I wanted something original. I like zoological taxonomy, and I just happened to be studying primitive life forms at the time. I could have been a more developed "magic cnidarian" but I liked the way poriferan sounded.
    I have no idea why I chose magic.

My avatar is a picture of one of a number of races from a mythical universe I conceived.

Why did you choose them?
    I believe I explained that regarding my name.
    I thought my avatar was cute and interesting

I've had three in a few months.
    The first was a picture of nine smileys which I call "Galen smileys" which I originally made to represent the Enneagram types.
    The second was a glassy, strangely altered image of my left eye.

Why do you change it?
    I change sometimes because I feel uncomfortable with a stagnation of style.
    It seems like there are too many possibilities to stick with just one.
    I believe I may keep this avatar for a while, though.

Yes. I've been happy with this user name ever since I started using it.
    I'm glad to say that most other people seem to like it as well.
    To be honest, I think my best name ever was "Chestnut Earthpig", but I simply got tired of using it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ

I chose Wandering as my name when I signed on INFPgc because that was very much how I was feeling at the time. I grew to like it over time so I figured I'd keep it when I signed on here, especially since that would make it easier on those people who know me on both forums.

As for the avatar, it's simply a pic of my cat. I just happen to like my cat a lot, so I like to see his face every time I come accross one of my posts :rolli: Also, I figure he quite accurately represents my personality: soft and purring when happy, but with sharp claws and teeth to express myself if upset Even the psychotic glimpse in his eyes is perfectly accurate

I most probably won't ever change my avatar, except maybe to a better pic of the same cat - unless said kitty dies, in which case it would probably be too sad being reminded of him like that

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    Name is Noah...
    Avatar is...well...weird. All that matters.
    Love that avatar NoahFence. Stripping animals of their already limited dignity is fun, fun, fun.

My name - I created it as a login on a Silicon Graphics box back in the 90s. I just needed a name real fast at the time and Jive Turkey popped (pooped - busted again by spell check) into my head. After that I started using the login for all my system configurations. I added the "A" initial from time to time to personify the name.

Avatar - I hesitated on the avatar. I made a few different versions that spoke "jive ass turkey" to me. Before I committed on this one I asked my wife if she thought this avatar would make me look like a racist and she said, "yeah." So I thought about it a while and decided that if there was something wrong with me maybe this'd be a good place to be honest about it. I also love the two guys in the photo. They really light me up.

Changes - Have not yet, but I'm liable to in the near future.

heart on fire

I picked the name Heart because I am often seen as cold by others who don't know me well, but in reality I am all feeling. I live in my heart. My heart often feels so fill of feeling it is feels on fire.

I picked my avatar because it feels like the real me, if you want a glimpse of my inner spirit, there it is. Lost in dreams in a field of wildflowers.