User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Zergling was a forum name I picked for INTPcentral. I waned a short name that sounded good, and sounded slightly cool, and zergling was the first name to pop into my head. My former avatar was a zergling picture from a starcraft page, my current picture is a lightning picture that I picked by googling lighting and picking the best looking picture. I find lightning powerful and cool, which is why I googled it for an avatar.

MBTI
    INFP

My username is my name (hey, I think I have explained this before)...
    ... I was surprised that nobody had already taken it.

I originally rotated my favorite singer/musician as my avatar, however I had seen this lovely picture of swans, and I said, yah, I gotta put them on here. The picture just felt like me for some reason.

I may change my avatar again after a while... I was thinking of a certain picture of Trent Reznor (I love his music, but I just HATE his politics *sigh*) Anyway, we'll see!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

How did you choose your MBTIc name & avatar?
    RL nick some people have used of me.. and avatar, I was not sure of my MBTI type at some point, so I thought it was funny to make this little thing with an image editor and a gif animator.

What's the story behind them?
    People invent nicks just according to what pops in their mind. Real names and nicks do have some systematic/probabilistic resemblance.

Why did you choose them?
    Uh, I just wanted something logical and pseudonymous, but closely related to me.

How often do you change your avatar?
    Haven't done so after about one month in here. I've thought of re-making the same avatar with smoother movement between the letters.

Why do you change it?
    I don't. I'm happy with it.. apart from version update. First I had some abstract self-made images as avatar.. it wasn't personal enough, I felt like I had an avoidance issue or something, lol. This isn't exactly my picture or anything, but at least I've put more effort to it.

Are you happy with you MBTIc name?
    Not at all, I somewhat hate it. I've never been fond of nicks.. I thought nicknames were useless when I was in elementary school.. I didn't call other people by their nicks, and I didn't adopt a nickname for myself, either. I thought it was an exercise in vanity. First name was more than good enough for me. This nick is however what my friends started to call me in high school, and it sounded natural and ok at the time so I adopted it.

Still, now at MBTIc I think it's mutilation of a name and so fake.. so wrong. Strange? Yes, I have a hate for nicks in real life. It's an added layer of complexity. It strays away from literalism and logic. It is a testament to the nameholders vanity. It doesn't follow the aesthetics of minimalism.. it adds another thing to remember. So I'd rather change it for a random-ish screen name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My name: Sasquatch is fucking awesome and he's refered to as sassafrassquatch by Tenacious D (greatest band in the history of the world). Sasquatch is usualy taken anyway.

My avatar: The Dude and I are kindred spirits and The Big Lebowski is the greatest movie in the history of the world.

The name is part of my real name and I use it for instant messenger. The avatar is just something I made in Photoshop because I think it's funny, I love hockey, and I figure Jesus would stand on his head in goal.

The next time will be the first.

Are you happy with you MBTIc name?
    No. If I had it to do over I'd choose something more playful and less like my real name.

MBTI
    ENTP

When I signed up, I had no particular name in mind, but I didn't want the same one as I had at INTPc. I was listening to the song Substitute by The Who at the time, so I went with that. I've done that before in other places, just used the title of whatever song I was listening to or had in my head as a nickname or password.

I change my avatar whenever I feel like it, but I do like being Q. If I don't feel very ENTP-ish or Q-ish, like when I lose my Ne mojo now and again, I change it until I get it back

Yeah I guess this name's as good as any other... doesn't make much difference to me...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

The name is the same as INTPc. Originally picked when I realised it was an abbreviation of my name (yeah I know duh ).

I chose my avatar by searching Google's pictures. I already had the inspiration by just pausing over another piece about balance.

What's the story behind them?
    The name is really because I consider any nickname that I'd give myself as arrogant and any nickname given to me by other's is often coloured with distaste or is simply just not one I like all that much. Hence I looked for a new one and was overjoyed when I discovered my previous blindness.

The avatar was chose for more interesting reasons (well interesting to me).

The picture is of Christian Bale in the film Equilibrium.

Now firstly Mr Bale is similar to me in general terms of appearance (idealised though that similarity may be).

Secondly the name of the film 'Equilibrium' kinda suits me very well as I always recommend balance and it's included in almost every feature to me either as pure balance or the more practical form of justice. Basically my name, star sign, chinese year of birth, enneagram, MBTI type all refer to balance or justice.

Thirdly in the film the basic plot is about people removing emotions and bale fighting back against this. The parallel isn't perfect but it's kinda how I feel a lot of the time. Emotionless, perfect balance. Perforated with periods of more passion than logic. All in all a balance.

Why did you choose them?
    Aren't all these questions linked?

Whenever I think the previous one has become worn or is no longer appropriate.

Why do you change it?
    I believe that an avatar should reflect your current view of yourself. The image which you wish to project to give context to your posts and to reflect how you wish to be viewed as a person. Ergo I change it to suit changes within myself.

Are you happy with your MBTIc name?
    Well it may not be very playful and it often irks me how others have a pseudonym and all I have is an abbreviation (more bland by definition) but then at other points I enjoy having a name people remember and can spell. It's also kinda nice having a different name under which I have a different reputation and conception than I do under other labels.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP

My MBTI name is a character from a short story I once wrote. She wasn't even the leading character, but that name just stuck (in the story she's actually a troll - but since they -- poor suckers -- have gotten such a bad rep on the Internet due to inconsiderate humans - I can't use a troll as an avatar: people might think me unfriendly).

My avatar is (currently) a violinplayer. Simple. I am one.

I have often used Lucy as an avatar - (even produced "fake business cards" once with that image instead of the usual photo ).
    Last edited by Garivande; 01-14-2008 at 10:14 AM. Reason: syntax, semantics, whatever

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I chose my username because I'm secretly the moderator of the entire Internet. (Although that's not a secret anymore.)

And my present avatar is a hallmark of computer animation; it is the first fully computer generated character in a feature film. The stained-glass knight in Young Sherlock Holmes, created by Pixar Animation Studios in 1985 before they branched off from Lucasfilm.

Oberon

I have always been Oberon.

In my first REAL job out of college, I was a tech book copy editor for a publishing company. We ran a rinky-dink Token Ring network which was overseen by a crotchety curmudgeon who was nonetheless a nice guy, and who had a couple of fellows junior to him acting as deputy system admins. When we got word that the division was to be closed down, I went to said curmudgeon and requested that I also be made a deputy sysadmin so I could put it on my resume.

"All right," he said, "But you'll have to pick an alternative username for your sysadmin account."

One of the deputies was Argus, the other was Loki. I drew from yet a third mythological tradition and named myself Oberon... and, at every opportunity, I have been Oberon ever since.

I picked the avatar photo because when I signed on here at MBTICentral I was at work, and my selection of personal graphics here is quite limited. At the time, however, my project lead was a man named Gingles (pronounced "Jingles," and so, he didn't actually jingle). I had hit Google looking for a photo of Mr. Jingles from Green Mile, and had printed it out and posted it in my cube just for fun. Consequently, it happened to be on my hard drive when it came time to pick an avatar photo.

I cropped it a bit and uploaded it, and the rest (as they say) is history.