Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Thumbs up LECTURE ME, PLEASE!

I'm working on a short story. I might be about 10-15 pages away from completion, which would free me up to move on the editing phase.

I've got all my documents open and waiting for me, but for the second day in a row I'm pretending I'm just 'warming up' by posting commentary on various receptacles around the internet when really, I'm just f***ing off.

Beat my ass, if you will.

This could work for both of us. I get a fire lit under my ass and you get to exorcise some pent up aggression (maybe even pent-up aggression toward procrastinating writers who f**k around on the interwebs instead of bringing you more delicious bibliotainment!).

Also, I know I'm passing the buck but I won't hold anyone here responsible for my abject failure if I never write anything worth a damn and wind up on the street writing Haikus for pocket change and/or crack (They still accept Haikus as currency for illicit substances, right?).
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I wrote three pages. I think your silence is working.

You guys are friggin' GENIUS!
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

your resident asshole

Did I break your concentration yet?

Oh, I recently installed this browser extension that blocks certain sites for a period of time to help you stay on task... I haven't used it for anything yet, but we'll see once I have to actually be on task for something.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Have you written more?
    If so, good job!
    If not, get to work (saith the Big Boss of Literary Composition!!!)!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Have you written more?
    If so, good job!
    If not, get to work (saith the Big Boss of Literary Composition!!!)!!!!!!!!!!
    Your timing is eerie.

I haven't worked on the aforementioned piece for almost a week but opened it up again tonight. Then I wandered to the innernetz.

I will obey, oh exalted big boss of literary composition!

(Just gonna post one teeny-tiny image on the image stream cuz it's my FAVORITE! )

MBTI
    ENTP

Go digging in your garden. Do mindless manual work and not mindless mind work while gearing up. Take pencil and paper everywhere. Whenever you are doing something else than writing, you'll get lots of ideas.

Today: dug up one (1) square metre of earth (need to do a 10-ish). Written a few pages.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women