User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you have anything against drinking beer from a bottle?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an INFP who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

4 14.29%
  • ' ' INFP who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • I'm an INTP who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • INTP who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • INFJ who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

3 10.71%
  • INFJ who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

0 0%
  • INTJ who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

3 10.71%
  • INTJ who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFP nothing against drinking from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISTP nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISTP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFJ nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISFJ never ever drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISTJ nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISTJ never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ENFP nothing against drinking from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • ENFP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ENTP nothing against drinking from a bottle

5 17.86%
  • Damn you! my option isn't here! (sorry only allowed 20 options, but I'm still interested.

3 10.71%
First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    It absolutely affects the taste; canned beer tastes like the can. You're not crazy in the least.
    When it comes to the average canned beer I think I'd rather taste the can.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    So I'm wondering if any one else has a problem with drinking beer from a bottle, and why? what's so bad with beer from a bottle?
    Funny question!
    Why should I have such a problem?

MBTI
    INFP

Yes! The 'Beer from a Bottle' thread wants to live!
    Where's prplchknz? Getcho ass in here and and bring the madness back to life.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Funny question!
    Why should I have such a problem?
    I have no clue but appartentley some people are too "high class" to drink from a bottle and have to dirty a glass even though some of these same people don't even like beer.

I really don't know.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

What's America's favorite pastime?
    Not baseball... it's pretending to be higher class.

And brand recognition is a great phenomenon to exploit in the quest for escalation of class. A person can trick the crowd by selecting all the right products. Drive a Mercedes instead of a Toyota, drink a Chimay instead of a Budweiser, wear Versace instead of Levi's, read the New Yorker instead of People, etc.

The branding will only escalate you to a middle-middle, maybe upper-middle class layer though. To get higher you have to dismiss branding as cheap and totemic. Enter the beer in the glass.

Note: In some bars if you order a Chimay in a glass the bartender gives you a glass with Chimay's name on it.

MBTI
    yupp

I have no problems driving a toyota don't like bud but will drink it if given to me what's wrong with Levi's and I like People
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I have no problems driving a toyota don't like bud but will drink it if given to me what's wrong with Levi's and I like People
    All of those names are synonymous with mediocrity today. The products are all obtainable by the low and lower middle class. You have to move up to the next tier of product lines that have been defined as richer in class.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    All of those names are synonymous with mediocrity today. The products are all obtainable by the low and lower middle class. You have to move up to the next tier of product lines that have been defined as richer in class.
    My friend and I were discussing an article at slate.com about conspicious consumption.

One of the points we were discussing was about name brands and our local malls. We have three premiere malls in my area. All of them are anchored by high end department stores (Nordstrom's, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor and Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's). One of three malls is subway accessible and the other two you need a car to drive to. At the mall that is subway accessible, even though it has the same caliber of retail stores of the other malls, there's a lot more conspicuous consumption going on (people with LV, Gucci, Juicy Couture purses and name brand clothing) than the other malls that you need to have your own transportation to get to. We've spent weekends at the malls looking at this stuff. We figured it's because the areas that these malls are located have median incomes over $100K. Rich people don't advertise their wealth the way us commoners do. They advertise by how many homes they have, yachts, stock investments, stuff that displays wealth, not just money. This is what we were talking about; how silly it is to serve PBR in a glass bottle. It's already one of the cheapest beers you can buy! Someone drinking it from a glass bottle is either being ironic or a poseur. Anybody could blow an entire paycheck and get an expense purse. Not everyone can afford to have their on 747 jet.

But I do know that one man at my job said that he owns a small personal plane but doesn't fly it because he's afraid to!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    I just don't understand why I need to advertise the money I have, why should it matter to the person next to me on the train how much money I have? Or my friends for that matter? The way I see it is you go to Target and get a purse for 15$ made by some kid being paid less then $.05 hr or go to some designer and buy $150 purse that looks exactly the same and is made by a kid making the same amount of money, but because it has some designer on it it cost 130 more.

I do wish there was away for the workers to earn a deceant wage but that's well beyond my power.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    My friend and I were discussing an article at slate.com about conspicious consumption.

One of the points we were discussing was about name brands and our local malls. We have three premiere malls in my area. All of them are anchored by high end department stores (Nordstrom's, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor and Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's). One of three malls is subway accessible and the other two you need a car to drive to. At the mall that is subway accessible, even though it has the same caliber of retail stores of the other malls, there's a lot more conspicuous consumption going on (people with LV, Gucci, Juicy Couture purses and name brand clothing) than the other malls that you need to have your own transportation to get to. We've spent weekends at the malls looking at this stuff. We figured it's because the areas that these malls are located have median incomes over $100K. Rich people don't advertise their wealth the way us commoners do. They advertise by how many homes they have, yachts, stock investments, stuff that displays wealth, not just money. This is what we were talking about; how silly it is to serve PBR in a glass bottle. It's already one of the cheapest beers you can buy! Someone drinking it from a glass bottle is either being ironic or a poseur. Anybody could blow an entire paycheck and get an expense purse. Not everyone can afford to have their on 747 jet.

But I do know that one man at my job said that he owns a small personal plane but doesn't fly it because he's afraid to!
    I'd rather get cheap purses and save up for a jet, but that's just me. Who'd rather fly then be stylish.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all