User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you have anything against drinking beer from a bottle?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an INFP who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

4 14.29%
  • ' ' INFP who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • I'm an INTP who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • INTP who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • INFJ who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

3 10.71%
  • INFJ who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

0 0%
  • INTJ who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

3 10.71%
  • INTJ who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFP nothing against drinking from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISTP nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISTP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFJ nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISFJ never ever drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISTJ nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISTJ never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ENFP nothing against drinking from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • ENFP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ENTP nothing against drinking from a bottle

5 17.86%
  • Damn you! my option isn't here! (sorry only allowed 20 options, but I'm still interested.

3 10.71%
First 23456 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    Well how about just doing it for Jive A Turkey then?

There are many sacrifices I would make for someone but drinking a beer isn't one of them. Sorry.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I not only would drink beer from a bottle if I drank beer, but drink sprite type drinks directly from their 2-liter bottles (At my house, of course, where no one else will be drinking it.)

It's pretty much for the "not to dirty a glass" reason, plus it helps use less as I won't ever pour a glass than have to dump it because I didn't drink it all.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The second most interesting poll in existence today.

(The first most interesting poll would be mine, but I haven't created one, so I'm saving myself a spot.)

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

same as sub there. No objections to drinking from a bottle, but prefer a glass, mainly because it's more fun to clink glasses and I love pouring it into the glass and seeing the liquid rise up and foam slightly. .

Tastewise, if it is brewed in the place, it has to come in a mug vs a bottle, so perhaps your friend is coming from that angle. i.e. "high class" brewed on the spot beer = glasses. Imports = bottles + cans. If she cannot tell the difference but still insists on it, then it's merely rote-learnt snobbishness anyway.

I'd drink coronas from the bottle though - over here, they pop a slice of lemon into it first, and it's no fun popping a slice of lemon into a glass vs stumping it through a bottle neck.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

back in the good old days, when I could drink beer, I prefered beer on tap if available, but had nothing against drinking it from the bottle- after all, it still has the same effect!

I noted that ESTP wasn't an option! I guess though it would be safe to assume that probably no ESTP ever would have a problem with beer from a bottle!

on another note though- cans are gross- I hate the feel of metal in my mouth- also don't really like paper or plastic cups- a texture thing as well *shudder*

cans taste metalic too

And Sub is right- the glass that the wine is in, the amount of surface area, how long it's been opened and how you swirl it all have a pretty big effect on how your wine will taste!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I just want to understand people, and I just don't understand this frame of mind and was hoping someone could explain it too me.
    Well, I think it has something to do with an SJ sort of tendency to put store in proverbs such as "you can judge a person by the company they keep". My sister and mom (both ESFJ) often say that and will argue to the death that they will always stand by it. I think it's a crock of shit, because Jesus hung out with all sorts of unsavoury characters, but you'd hardly be right if you judged him as being unsavoury because of that! Similarly (not comparing myself to Jesus of course lol but it follows...) I hang out with ALL sorts of people, but I'm pretty much nothing like any of them.

However, it is a tendency of some people to go by appearances out of habit, and to assume everyone else does as well. Therefore, image is everything. They don't want to do anything that they think gives them an image that they don't want to be associated with. If they want to be seen as classy or cool or whatever, they achieve that objective by associating themselves with other people who have already successfully achieved that objective, by imitating their likes and dislikes.

I think it's related to why people 'acquire' tastes for certain drinks. I've always hated whiskey, it tastes like warm vomit to me! Some people I used to play poker with used to always drink whiskey while they played, and there was one guy who was new to the group at the same time as me, and neither of us liked it. He drank it anyway, trying to acquire the taste - I just had beer instead. We both wanted to fit in and be accepted by the group, but his approach was to adopt the 'surface' behaviours of the group in order to achieve that, whilst mine was to just be myself and achieve the objective by using my intuition to successfully integrate myself with the interpersonal dynamics. We were both accepted in any case *shrug* but I don't think it was necessary for him to drink whiskey to achieve it - I think he'd have been accepted anyway because his mentality was similar to the others. But maybe the fact that he did what he did was just a manifestation of that mentality?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

I don't like the taste of alcohol; the brewing companies would go broke if they had to rely on me.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INXP

How about where the beer is live in the bottle.. like a Belgian lambic. It needs to be bought in a bottle or is it isn't real.. I dont think there is such a thing as conditioned in a can. But once you buy live beer in a bottle I doubt you'd want to drink the bottle.... too much yeast residue you'd probably end up drinking.

Ok, I'm rambling now. I need a belgian lambic to recover. A good sour Kriek bier for me please.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Ok, I'm rambling now. I need a belgian lambic to recover. A good sour Kriek bier for me please.
    I buy the cherry (or, rarely, raspberry) stuff for my wife. She adores it.

I myself enjoy the occasional tripel, but I'm more into the English styles. Those Flemish guys don't put enough hops in the beer.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Well, I think it has something to do with an SJ sort of tendency to put store in proverbs such as "you can judge a person by the company they keep". My sister and mom (both ESFJ) often say that and will argue to the death that they will always stand by it. I think it's a crock of shit, because Jesus hung out with all sorts of unsavoury characters, but you'd hardly be right if you judged him as being unsavoury because of that! Similarly (not comparing myself to Jesus of course lol but it follows...) I hang out with ALL sorts of people, but I'm pretty much nothing like any of them.

However, it is a tendency of some people to go by appearances out of habit, and to assume everyone else does as well. Therefore, image is everything. They don't want to do anything that they think gives them an image that they don't want to be associated with. If they want to be seen as classy or cool or whatever, they achieve that objective by associating themselves with other people who have already successfully achieved that objective, by imitating their likes and dislikes.

I think it's related to why people 'acquire' tastes for certain drinks. I've always hated whiskey, it tastes like warm vomit to me! Some people I used to play poker with used to always drink whiskey while they played, and there was one guy who was new to the group at the same time as me, and neither of us liked it. He drank it anyway, trying to acquire the taste - I just had beer instead. We both wanted to fit in and be accepted by the group, but his approach was to adopt the 'surface' behaviours of the group in order to achieve that, whilst mine was to just be myself and achieve the objective by using my intuition to successfully integrate myself with the interpersonal dynamics. We were both accepted in any case *shrug* but I don't think it was necessary for him to drink whiskey to achieve it - I think he'd have been accepted anyway because his mentality was similar to the others. But maybe the fact that he did what he did was just a manifestation of that mentality?
    I think it may be in part to the fact that she takes everything personally. We were watching a football game (american) and of course I hate football so I was bored she asked if I was mad at her I said no and she's like well you're being bitchy, I told her I was bored she thought I was mad at her. I wasn't I was bored and I was thinking, I don't understand how that translate to me being pissed off.and gender specific rolls it's like only guys can drink beer and eat wings, therefore I'm like a guy in that respect. Or only guys are allowed to like football so to her she's like man in that respect. And then I try to point out that their are a ton of girls who love football I'm not one of them mostly because they stop the game every 3 yards or so.Just like a ton of women love beer and hot wings.

I just want to know how anyone can believe something so far removed from reality. Even in debates prove themselves wrong yet still insisting they are right.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so