User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you have anything against drinking beer from a bottle?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am an INFP who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

4 14.29%
  • ' ' INFP who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • I'm an INTP who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • INTP who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • INFJ who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

3 10.71%
  • INFJ who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

0 0%
  • INTJ who has nothing against drinking beer from a bottle

3 10.71%
  • INTJ who would never ever drink beer from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFP nothing against drinking from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISTP nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISTP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISFJ nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISFJ never ever drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ISTJ nothing against drinking from a bottle

1 3.57%
  • ISTJ never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ENFP nothing against drinking from a bottle

2 7.14%
  • ENFP never drink from a bottle

0 0%
  • ENTP nothing against drinking from a bottle

5 17.86%
  • Damn you! my option isn't here! (sorry only allowed 20 options, but I'm still interested.

3 10.71%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

If you just want to get hammered....it does not matter. Drink any old swill from the bottle or can.

Quality crafted Ales and Lagers reach full flavor potential when poured into a glass...and served at a temperature that suits their type of fermentation either warm top fermentation (ales, stouts) or cool bottom type (lager, bock).
    The act of pouring discharges some of the carbonation from the bottle, giving beer I believe a smoother more well-rounded taste.

Most kegged beer I find repulsive, simply because the dispensing equipment is (usually) not properly maintained.

Hey, if you paid for it, drink it any way you like.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    - Separate yourself from the branding by pouring the beer into a glass and get rid of the bottle.
    Agreed. I go to lengths to separate myself from branding and to avoid becoming a walking advertisement for some else and paying for it to boot! But a lot of people seem to like doing that... hence designer clothes with brand names in obvious places...

If you want unaltered taste - Stick with the bottle. Your bound to get dish soap residue in the glass.
    Hm, many European bars/pub/restaurants don't wash their glasses with soap, but in a steamer thingy that sterilizes the glasses by heating them to high temperatures and blasting them with water. I believe it's for the very reason of avoiding tainting the taste of the drinks.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Man, does that chick really expect you to jet set and identify the subtleties and nuances of a brew while you're eating chicken wings? She's startin' to piss me off. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Agreed. I go to lengths to separate myself from branding and to avoid becoming a walking advertisement for some else and paying for it to boot! But a lot of people seem to like doing that... hence designer clothes with brand names in obvious places...

Hm, many European bars/pub/restaurants don't wash their glasses with soap, but in a steamer thingy that sterilizes the glasses by heating them to high temperatures and blasting them with water. I believe it's for the very reason of avoiding tainting the taste of the drinks.
    Damn, Europeans are so much classier than Americans.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Once she said "my sorority says..." I'd have tuned her out anyway.
    Ditto. It actually annoyed me when I read it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

Heh, heh. More classier.

MBTI
    yupp

the thing is she knows less then me about beer which I know very little about. I've learned with her to smile and nod and let her believe what she wants

and I didn't get annoyed I found it to absurd to be annoyed over. This wasn't meant to tear my friend down but to find out if anyone else thinks this way.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Jive A Turkey View Post
    If you want to lift yourself up a notch in class - Separate yourself from the branding by pouring the beer into a glass and get rid of the bottle.
    Really? I have never thought that drinking beer out of a bottle gives off an impression of branding. I don't think anyone really looks at your drink and says "Look at that bottle...what a corporate shill!"

Do you guys pull the hood ornaments off your cars too?

MBTI
    ENTP

I have no hood ornament on my car lol edit - in fact, until last August I didn't even have a car, and the one I have couldn't possibly be an advert for anything - an anti-advert maybe!!

It's not really about whether or not other people look at me and think such-and-such, it's more just for my own knowledge. Branding and advertizing is so ubiquitous and so shoved in our faces all the damn time, it drives me insane. I hate to look at it, hear it, be around it - so much less would I like to participate in it.

And anyway yes, a lot of people do drink certain beers and want to be seen drinking them, for the image it gives them - because of the image that's been associated with it through its commercials etc. Not only that, but it works as well - "What's he got? Oooh, I think I'll have one of those!" I've heard my sister for example, boasting that she drinks this-or-that drink because it's "what all the cool people drink".

Just cos you and I don't think that way, doesn't mean others don't. I just don't want to encourage it or be a part of it.

But anyway, that wasn't the major deal for me. If I'm out somewhere and there isn't a glass available then I'll slug it out of the bottle. It's not a snob thing; it's primarily a taste/flavour thing (and it makes a BIG difference, especially to European beers and as I just discovered, with European dishwashing methods as well lol), but also faintly a principle thing.

I think I'd laugh and probably drink out of the bottle all night just to annoy someone who told me I shouldn't and they don't purely because of some stupid sorority rule.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

I think I'd laugh and probably drink out of the bottle all night just to annoy someone who told me I shouldn't and they don't purely because of some stupid sorority rule.
    Glad I'm not the only petty one!