User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

What makes me happy? That's a difficult one, which I guess I should give some thought to. It's not difficult to make a list of things I enjoy, but things that make me happy are far fewer. Happiness is a feeling definitely more difficult to achieve than enjoyment. First thing that comes to mind is that I am happy when Magnus Carlsen wins chess games and Arsenal wins soccer games. But I don't know, at the moment I am not happy with my life, and then it is difficult to feel even moments of happiness. I think the feeling of enjoyment can be translated to feelings of happiness, but I think it demands a certain level of satisfaction with life. If it's not there, enjoying yourself is not equal to happiness. If you are not in a good place, enjoyment only becomes escapism. Anyhow, a few other things that makes me happy, at least for a moment, is when my best friends do well and are happy. Otherwise having pushed yourself and achieved as well as you possibly can is rather satisfying and can lead to moments of happiness.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've found a new toy that makes me happy lately. Needling my INTJ friend and erstwhile colleague, Kevin. He's fantastic - he tries so hard not to give me what I want, tries not to react, but I can always get to him eventually and then he says something that's what he knows he's supposed to say, both loving it and hating it that I've made him say what I wanted him to so I can mock him for it, then he mocks me back with a good comeback and I laugh and laugh, not a spiteful or mean kind of laugh, but a really happy, carefree laugh. And eventually I break through and he laughs as well, the same happy, good-natured cameraderie kind of laughter.

It seems lately as though in these little sparring matches we've both discovered a new way to feel alive. For him - pretending he hates it whilst knowing that I know he loves it, and for me, pretending to be hurt and upset by his mean rebuffs and sarcastic replies, when I know he knows that I know he doesn't mean it. Haha... it's psychological chess at its best, and I can keep periodically laughing to myself for days by recalling his latest put-down.

Excellent stuff.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    But I don't know, at the moment I am not happy with my life, and then it is difficult to feel even moments of happiness.
    How about a hug? Would that help? Maybe not, but you are getting one anyway!

I hope 2008 provides you much happiness, Splittet.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks Sandy. I wonder if it is something special about INTJs that makes people want to hug them. Maybe it is the challenge that is so thrilling? I mean, usually it's not easy to get to hug an INTJ at all. Maybe INTJs are just funny to tease? I know ISTJs are funny to tease, you can see they are holding back so much. It is as if you stir up an internal war inside them, between politeness and suppressed anger. :P

MBTI
    ENTP

Thanks Sandy. I wonder if it is something special about INTJs that makes people want to hug them. Maybe it is the challenge that is so thrilling? I mean, usually it's not easy to get to hug an INTJ at all. Maybe INTJs are just funny to tease? I know ISTJs are funny to tease, you can see they are holding back so much. It is as if you stir up an internal war inside them, between politeness and suppressed anger. :P
    see above... I know my INTJ holds so much back, but I also know he wants to let it out, but can't bring himself to. That's why his laughter seems tinged with relief as well as sheer happiness, when I finally get him to break. Truth is, I love it because y'all are so goddamn beautiful inside, I just love to see it. I think that's why it makes me so happy... just the feeling of being privileged to see that beauty. It's kinda like lighting a firework and standing too close, you know it's gonna blow any minute but if you can just look through your fingers at the right time you'll go "Ahhh!!" at the colours that shoot out... who would've thought all that could be contained in a dull cardboard tube? Wonderful!

Actually before you posted this, I was just gonna say she shouldn't bother cos you're too frigid and you'll just chase her away with a rolling pin... or is that just me?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Actually before you posted this, I was just gonna say she shouldn't bother cos you're too frigid and you'll just chase her away with a rolling pin... or is that just me?
    Haha, just now you gave me a rather happy moment, and I laughed greatly. You know, back then I felt I had to turn you down. I had to save my reputation, I couldn't just ignore all these rumours going on about me being gay. :P Nothing personal. :P

MBTI
    ENTP

Haha, just now you gave me a rather happy moment, and I laughed greatly. You know, back then I felt I had to turn you down. I had to save my reputation, I couldn't just ignore all these rumours going on about me being gay. :P Nothing personal. :P

I know!!! I knew that, that's why it made me laugh out loud when I read it - it was exactly the reaction I expected and wanted! that's why I made the Picard comment!!! It was a real classic Picard and Q moment!

(edit, as was that! ^^)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Get a room you two. :rolleyes2:
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Get a room you two. :rolleyes2:
    Oh look, somebody is jealous

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

for the both of you! (and this is coming from someone who may give out one hug a year- whoops, no more for the next few years! )

and I do hope that your next year is better S!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett