Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I'd hardly call someone intuitive simply because when they hear a train in the distance and see train tracks in front of them, they predict that a train will pass them soon.
    But in basic Jungian terms, that's exactly what Intuition is, and proof of how everyone uses this function in daily life.

And besides, animals have quite an awareness of when it's time to eat and so forth (without looking at a clock), so that would suggest they are indeed able to decipher patterns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

You're typing dogs by breed!!

Well I guess it's no madder than typing nations!

Our spaniel was definitely no ISFJ though!

What type is a Staffie? I think ESTP. What do you think?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Well I guess it's no madder than typing nations!
    great idea!!
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    But in basic Jungian terms, that's exactly what Intuition is, and proof of how everyone uses this function in daily life.
    Touché.

Yes, I see what you mean, and yes, in light of this I agree that you could call what they do intuition. In relation to humans they'd all still be S though, more concerned with the concrete than with abstract thought, but they do intuit.

And yes, I do believe that humans are mentally superiour to animals, but I don't think there is any fundamental difference. I do believe all mammals have developed cognitive functions similar to humans, and though perhaps more primitive, I'm starting to suspect it would make sense to talk about dog Ne, dog Fi, dog Te etc. and as a result dog MBTI. Come to think of it, our descendants might laugh at us for having called the primitive connections we make "intuition". It's all relative I suspect.

And besides, animals have quite an awareness of when it's time to eat and so forth (without looking at a clock), so that would suggest they are indeed able to decipher patterns.
    Yes, I'm starting to get convinced.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

And in all fairness, non-human animals also lack the more advanced Sensate characteristics such as attention to detail. Other than the most basic form of it involved in chasing squirrels and so forth, I don't think a dog would be able to be a skilled mechanic or any ST profession, either.

So I would say, if anything, animals can have the same MBTI functions as humans, but they are all used at a more primitive level.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    And in all fairness, non-human animals also lack the more advanced Sensate characteristics such as attention to detail. Other than the most basic form of it involved in chasing squirrels and so forth, I don't think a dog would be able to be a skilled mechanic or any ST profession, either.

So I would say, if anything, animals can have the same MBTI functions as humans, but they are all used at a more primitive level.
    Hm... Yes, that makes a lot of sense (evolutionwise at least.)
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I've known intuitive dogs. They are the intelligent ones who learn without doing. See the S dogs are usually the happy cheerful ones who respond to whatever input you give them, the intuitive ones are more difficult to predict and they seem to pick up stuff that you haven't shown them or told them to do at all.

Of course there are the usual balancing incidents and the exceptions and caveats but I'm not going to repeat them all.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I think Uberfuhrer has written lots of good posts about dogs in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I've known intuitive dogs. They are the intelligent ones who learn without doing. See the S dogs are usually the happy cheerful ones who respond to whatever input you give them, the intuitive ones are more difficult to predict and they seem to pick up stuff that you haven't shown them or told them to do at all.
    Most Mastiff breeds are able to pick up stuff and make independent decisions without telling them what to do. They have a sense of understanding situations and of all breeds they must be N's. Most Mastiff breeds are ancient and that might explain why they have the ability. Caucasian Ovtcharka is also able of the same thing but it's also one of old mastiff breeds.

About Rough Collie - My first dog was one of them. Most of rough collies are happy-go-lucky dogs, intelligent () and funny and so are ENFP's. I have to say that some of the rough collies are fainthearted because the breed has been so popular that they have totally ruined the true nature of the collies. The breeders have only considered the looks of the dogs and that's why the Rough Collies do not have the physics that would be required of them to do the work they originally did. The nature of the dogs is also ruined so that there are lots of fainthearted collies who readily bite people.

Smooth Collie is more what the nature of the rough one should be these days. They haven't ruined the smooth collie because it has not been so popular and it's not as pretty as the "cousin" collie. That's why that breed still can do the herding work it was "designed" to do. Here is a picture of the smooth version.

I think one of the herding breeds would be of ENFP type.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What type is Fluffy?

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

DETH
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp