intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

This forum is too heavily moderated.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I get very confused about bannings, sometimes. For example, I dislike some forum members just as much as the three who were banned, and for the same reasons, and I don't know why action hasn't been taken against them.

I wish there was more of an explanation, with some of them. Especially with Sim, because I'm not sure if he was acting very different from his usual self when he was banned (and by "usual self", I mean that he was worthy of infractions almost constantly imho), and I would be very curious as to why he was banned now, instead of way earlier.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    yupp

I've been on forums lot more moderated then this one, types that would ban you for a comma out of place, so how can you say this is too heavily moderated?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I think this is a good time for Prototype to resume his rant about opening the mod box for member access. Lol.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I get very confused about bannings, sometimes. For example, I dislike some forum members just as much as the three who were banned, and for the same reasons, and I don't know why action hasn't been taken against them.

I wish there was more of an explanation, with some of them. Especially with Sim, because I'm not sure if he was acting very different from his usual self when he was banned (and by "usual self", I mean that he was worthy of infractions almost constantly imho), and I would be very curious as to why he was banned now, instead of way earlier.
    I think, and if I am wrong please correct me.. But I think it was due to someone complaining about him.
    If people don't complain then maybe the Mods miss some or most of their poor behaviors?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I think this is a good time for Prototype to resume his rant about opening the mod box for member access. Lol.
    Reruns, again?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Reruns, again?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Smile ???????????

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've been on forums lot more moderated then this one, types that would ban you for a comma out of place, so how can you say this is too heavily moderated?
    Yes, it is surprising how well moderated this site is.

I think we can say we are very lucky to have a culture of moderating that consistently gives us a tolerant and well run site.

And our moderators are all volunteers without any special training, so it is a mystery to me how they do such a good job.

All I can put it down to is an excellent culture of moderating - but that raises more questions than it answers.

????????????

What is this culture?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I can say that this forum is too heavily moderated, because it is my opinion, that this forum is too heavily moderated, regardless of your experiences elsewhere.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It's like spring cleaning. I like it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.