User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Poor quality and therefore inexpensive. Honestly, I'd rather have most of my stuff constructed for me by an artisan, it's just hard to find such people anymore. (Clothing/Furniture/etc)
    Talk to Hirsch! (Yes from MBTIc, he makes furniture)
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Nice room sword...

Agree with Ae, an army of one's cute... don't care much for the guns, but the sword looks pretty... too bad you can't use it. But nevermind... nice and decorative anyhow.

Oh and hello Jim...

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    but the sword looks pretty... too bad you can't use it.
    That's what you think.

MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    That's what you think.
    For clonking somebody out I suppose... but you dare tell me that the blade has been sharpened?

Edit: I just noticed that the sword's a replica of the one in the poster... BAD SE...

ByMySword

Cool

For clonking somebody out I suppose... but you dare tell me that the blade has been sharpened?
    Oh yeah, its not a faux blade. I wouldn't buy it otherwise.

That's like buying a gun that doesn't shoot.

But I probably wouldn't ever use it. It's an official LOTR collector's sword.

MBTI
    INTP

I am always clean but I'm not always tidy - there's a difference. Unfortunately the house I'm living in now is my roommate's and he's neither, so the place is neither. :P

MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    Oh yeah, its not a faux blade. I wouldn't buy it otherwise.

That's like buying a gun that doesn't shoot.

But I probably wouldn't ever use it. It's an official LOTR collector's sword.
    I repeat... I dare you to tell me that the blade has been sharpened. It hasn't been opened... no cutting edge...

MBTI
    INFJ

Edit: I just noticed that the sword's a replica of the one in the poster... BAD SE...
    What poster ?

ByMySword

Cool

I repeat... I dare you to tell me that the blade has been sharpened. It hasn't been opened... no cutting edge...
    It came sharpened. Do you know what type of edge a sword is supposed to have? It's at a different angle than a standard knife.

It's meant for hacking, not slicing. In which case, a scimitar would have a different edge than a broadsword like that one would be.

Now ever since I've hung it on the wall, the edge has gotten duller from handling. But I would never sharpen it again. It would take away from its value. So no, I guess it wouldn't be considered as sharp as it could be. But it does have an edge. Unfortunately,though, it will continue to get duller. That's why I have other swords that aren't collector's items that I do sharpen. All together, I probably have about 6 swords. That's just the only one I hung on the wall.

Why is it unfathomable to have a sharpened sword?

Edit: You can get one, too. Just go here and be sure to select the pre-sharpened option . This is the place where the History Channel gets all of its equipment for its documentaries.:

Medieval Weapons, Swords, Body Armor, Medieval Clothing, Renaissance Clothing

ByMySword

Cool

It you're refering to the Braveheart poster, then the sword isn't a replica of that sword. Its a copy of the Ranger Sword that Aragorn uses in the LOTR.

The sword William Wallace carries is a Claymore. I have one of those too. My first sword ever. And my first mistake. It came with a faux blade.

It's really big, though. Big enough to do damage. But as a hacking weapon, its useless. That's why I keep it in the closet.

.....so ashamed......