User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I did she wouldn't tell me. :steam:
    Oh, she's one of those.

My dad told me this, and it hasn't failed me once: if it's shiny, she'll like it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

a massage and cake haha (just said this in another thread seems fitting tho)

no really...spa days are good... a lot of women won't buy them for themselves...too indulgent..but would love to go.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    It's kind of hard to miss with jewelry. The only part that's really difficult to gauge is how much money to spend. If it's too little she'll think you're cheap; if it's too much she'll think you're presuming on the relationship, and she won't want to accept it.
    And aside from price, it also depends on what sort of jewelry it is. Unless you stick with the basics (like a simple gold chain), it might clash with what she likes. Look at what jewelry she already owns and try to match it.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    ...if it's shiny, she'll like it.
    Well, there IS something to be said for shiny. Or sparkly.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    It's kind of hard to miss with jewelry. The only part that's really difficult to gauge is how much money to spend. If it's too little she'll think you're cheap; if it's too much she'll think you're presuming on the relationship, and she won't want to accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Oh, she's one of those.

My dad told me this, and it hasn't failed me once: if it's shiny, she'll like it.
    i wouldn't like it much...unless it was kind of bohemian and didn't look like it cost much.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Oberon

Cubic zirconia solitaire earrings in quality white gold settings... they don't cost a ton, they're versatile, and they're a good place to initiate your gift-giving.

They might not be exactly what she wanted, but you're not likely to offend her with these.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but...she's an isfp right? wouldn't she prefer something a lil more hippieish?
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

maybe something from here? but really...i say a massage.
    Handmade Jewelry on Etsy - Necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Pandora bracelets if she wants a bit more individualism. Plus you can space out the charms so you can make 1 gift last like 2 years worth of gift holidays.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Wow some great ideas! You guys are better than...the internet lol!
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    but...she's an isfp right? wouldn't she prefer something a lil more hippieish?
    Speaking of hippieish...

My INTP guy found this really old, silver rose-thingy when he was cleaning out the roof pipes at his parents house. He showed it to me, and then went back up on the roof.

Weeks later, he gave it to me! He had cleaned it up, brought it to a jeweller and turned it into a necklace. wub

Personally, I think jewellery is an easy way out. But if you can sell her the back-story, I think they can work. For me, it's all about the idea (!) and the effort.