User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Unlovable

Yeah, the rep system can help me feel a little unloved too sometimes. But come on, you're awesome. Don't beat yourself up.

You're not the only one who feels a little put out by the world and all the people in it sometimes. I do too. It's probably a question of finding a friend within yourself and paying yourself enough mind. You are wrong if you think the only way people will love you is if you ask them to or make them. I think it's probably true that the more you look for your environment to show you signs of love, the less aware you are of your lovable qualities. Do not feel you must construct those qualities so people will regard you affectionately. I assure you, you already have them.

But what of people who cannot see your lovable qualities? As long as you're on your own side - looking out for yourself and taking care of yourself - I think you'll be fine. If you can be alone with yourself, and truly like the company you keep, in the empty moments, you're farther along that path than most, including me sometimes. Don't be hard on yourself. Take it easy, baby!

I think you're a pretty cool gal.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Wolf! Stay longer so we can glomp you.
    ahh! that's one more animal i've missed out. Don't munch on him till i've taken the role call:

the zoo so far:

2 mice
    1 piranha (pink)
    1 magic seasponge
    1 raincrow
    1 kid
    1 kitty
    1 hawk
    1 bohemian waxwing
    1 polar bear
    1 carebear
    1 penguin
    1 wolf

and a targobell and an arcticangel dusting faerie dust somewhere.

ok. You can glomp him now.

And Jen, points for disrupting your thread. *lol*

You forgot a human and a starfish! Or just, you know, a Mempyism, a species unto herself. You know the type - debonaire, artistic, full of tales! Yup!

feel like everyone hates me
    grr... not to sound mad or mean but this reminds me of the anerexic girls who say they are fat!

your reputation says that people like you... and sure it's on a forum where you know nobody but you are liked by strangers, which is cool, and you seem like the type to get along well with... And not to mention people on this forum are coming to this thread and saying "I assure you that you're liked"... *twitch*
    grrr...

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    grr... not to sound mad or mean but this reminds me of the anerexic girls who say they are fat!
    Uh huh
    and sure it's on a forum where you know nobody but you are liked by strangers
    I know two people irl on this forum and they better like me!
    and you seem like the type to get along well with...
    Wow you must be psychic
    And not to mention people on this forum are coming to this thread and saying "I assure you that you're liked"... *twitch*
    grrr...
    I enjoy a bit of adoration from time to time, so sue me.

Mempy, thanks My Husband and I were talking this morning and he brought several things to my attention that I had not thought of. It's depressing that our country is still at war. It's depressing that our country is losing billions of dollars not to mention the housing market really sucks! So while I am grateful that this year hasn't been too bad for us, I am looking forward and expecting positive changes for the world.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think I'm packing quite a punch these days too, as regards rep giving. Not sure what it's up to yet - anyone know?

*math dunce*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I think I'm packing quite a punch these days too, as regards rep giving. Not sure what it's up to yet - anyone know?

*math dunce*
    It's because your profile pic is so darn cute!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post

your reputation says that people like you... and sure it's on a forum where you know nobody but you are liked by strangers, which is cool, and you seem like the type to get along well with... And not to mention people on this forum are coming to this thread and saying "I assure you that you're liked"... *twitch*
    grrr...
    It's in the fluff zone.

I assumed it was a pretty straight forward cry for rep.

Not that this isn't a crappy, depressing time of year or that Jen doesn't need some cheering up. With rep.

Here's a Jen and some rep.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Ok, Wolf:
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    ahh! that's one more animal i've missed out. Don't munch on him till i've taken the role call:

the zoo so far:

2 mice
    1 piranha (pink)
    1 magic seasponge
    1 raincrow
    1 kid
    1 kitty
    1 hawk
    1 bohemian waxwing
    1 polar bear
    1 carebear
    1 penguin
    1 wolf

and a targobell and an arcticangel dusting faerie dust somewhere.

ok. You can glomp him now.

And Jen, points for disrupting your thread. *lol*

Don't forget SWANS! (I'm holding this avatar for a while because it's pretty!)
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters