User Tag List

First 3139404142435191 Last

Results 401 to 410 of 1333

  1. #401
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Don't invoke him like that!

    You remind me of Tallulah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #402
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    She's hot and I know it
    You and I disagree on everything. Lol.

  3. #403
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I have a new contribution too: marmalade and lauren ashley. Both erroneously believe themselves to be INFJs.
    I really want to know why in the world you are so obsessed with me/my type. I haven't been active on this forum for some time and when I come back, there you are, still deluding yourself into thinking you know my type better than I do. I find your persistence laughable.

    But I'm not going toe-to-toe with a 23 year old moron.

    Get lost.

  4. #404
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I really want to know why in the world you are so obsessed with me/my type. I haven't been active on this forum for some time and when I come back, there you are, still deluding yourself into thinking you know my type better than I do. I find your persistence laughable.

    But I'm not going toe-to-toe with a 23 year old moron.

    Get lost.
    ohhhh burrrrrrn

    btw I think the last time I mentioned you in a post was like 6 months ago...if that qualifies as obsession then I'm certifiably obsessed with hundreds of topics.

    Nice age shot, too. That's usually where people go when they can't think of anything else. (Like, for instance, any evidence whatsoever that you operate from an Ni perspective. You don't seem to have much of an idea of what that means in the first place.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    It could be that both NFPs and NTJs use Te and Fi to assemble systems and form values? It may not be Ni.

    I like you, sim, but I'm not graceful toward you because of your assertion that I am an INFJ. I am, after much research, quite certain that the INFP functions and profiles fit me best, although I do not subscribe to the notion that the standard functional preferences are correct; and so the models are not sound. There's nothing wrong with being an INFJ, even though I've had some averse experiences with at least one in the past; which you know. You should also know that there are a few on this forum, and 1 I speak with in ventrillo who I appreciate very much (Lexicon). They tend to be very gifted individuals.
    I think you're a very gifted individual. And I still think you're INFJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Apparently, to Ni, Ti is stuck in boxes, and to Ne, Ni is stuck in boxes. The fact of the matter is that any function can be perceived "stuck in a box" if the person is stagnant and persistent about their opinion.

    Now, listen. The first time I took an online MBTI test, I scored INFP. The second time, I diluted the result intentionally and got INTP because I thought that being more "thinking" oriented had social connotations that were more masculine. Third time, INFJ. I was more or less, experimenting with the patterns of the questions in relation to the results.

    Then later, I learned about the functions and I definitely relate more to Fi and Ne, mostly because most of my life's purpose has been energized toward developing and maintaining a perfect value system in a creative sense. It has changed very much over the years, mostly because of my resistance toward regressive social mentalities. I can use Ni. In fact, I am quite adept at using some form of behavior that mirrors as Ni to you, but most of it is probably just me projecting Si into the future. I remember many facts about people's behaviors. I'm constantly scooping up information that is later stored in a mental VCR.

    Ni can be like refreshing your vision. It's like wiping away the debris that clings to your windshield after long periods of perception. And it usually sees through mental loopholes somehow, so it's often very original and sometimes contrary when it manifests into a behavior. For instance, when I went to the typeC meetup, I drank coffee with JJ. During our discussion, she pointedly told me that I should work at starbucks as I was discussing... eh... I think I was telling her what I wanted to do with my life or some dribble. Working at starbucks was exactly what I was not thinking, and she knew it. It was a result of her Ni. There are some other examples, but I also know that Ni is very paradoxical because of how it shifts perception. It takes a look at a comment like "You look pretty", and turns it around in every which direction to make it sound either as wonderful or dreadful as possible. This is also why it's very difficult to fool Ni doms - because the context of a false statement is simply not fitting with what the situation demands. I'm a skeptical person, but because I use Fi rather than Fe, I am not outwardly skeptical. I do not try to force my values or structure on a situation unless I'm pushed to a brink. My values are mine and mine alone, unless you want them too.

    While I can do this Ni paradox thing... while my brain will sometimes form paradoxes only after long periods of contemplation, it's usually only after my brain has conjured up a plethora of possibilities; then everything aligns itself into a paradoxical whole. Only after a shit load of mental refining does this happen (I mean like hours of naval gazing when I have nothing better to do). And it gouges any sense of wonderment I once had about reality, because I am usually a very optimistic person, regardless of what evidence tells me. I often try to be as positive and uplifting as possible, using my imagination to "spiritualize" people around me. People like hope. Do you think that I'm using Ni because of my analogies? All you have to do is read other NP posts to realize that Ne can forge these as well. In fact, I'm quite sure that any human being that has half a brain can form parallel symbols.
    Focusing on giving others hope sounds more Fe to me. You seem much more aware of the ultimate relativity in everything--the idea that there is no truth, only interpretation--than any Fi dom I have ever met. I think you're very smart, but I don't really see Fi or Ne.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Didn't you say earlier that you thought my thoughts on God were very ISTJish? That there is no evidence for such a thing, and so I have no reason to live my life under such a presumption? You know that INFPs and ISTJs have the same primary functions, just in a different order, right?

    In all honesty, I'm not giving you the same graces because you're arguing with JJ.
    I don't recall saying that. What was the context of that conversation?

    And...choosing to be less graceful to me as a way of displaying loyalty to your friend that I'm arguing with is representative of Fe.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #405
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I really want to know why in the world you are so obsessed with me/my type. I haven't been active on this forum for some time and when I come back, there you are, still deluding yourself into thinking you know my type better than I do. I find your persistence laughable.

    But I'm not going toe-to-toe with a 23 year old moron.

    Get lost.

  6. #406
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ohhhh burrrrrrn

    btw I think the last time I mentioned you in a post was like 6 months ago...if that qualifies as obsession then I'm certifiably obsessed with hundreds of topics.

    Nice age shot, too. That's usually where people go when they can't think of anything else. (Like, for instance, any evidence whatsoever that you operate from an Ni perspective. You don't seem to have much of an idea of what that means in the first place.)
    I think it's interesting that LaurenAshley tests as INTJ as well as INFJ, and you're sitting here telling her she doesn't have Ni.

    Who are you? I mean, really, who are you? Why do you imagine that you alone are the authority of a bunch of people's MBTI types on the Internet? Do you think you're God? Or Santa Claus, buddy?

  7. #407
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    FWIW, I have always thought you have an ENFJ flavor to you marmy.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #408
    Pumpernickel
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think it's interesting that LaurenAshley tests as INTJ as well as INFJ, and you're sitting here telling her she doesn't have Ni.

    Who are you? I mean, really, who are you? Why do you imagine that you alone are the authority of a bunch of people's MBTI types on the Internet? Do you think you're God? Or Santa Claus, buddy?
    Hmm I have just realized that the common denominator among all of SWs mistypings is Ni. He'll tell you you have it if you don't, or that you don't have it if you do.

    Somebody buy the boy a book about Ni.

    Or draw him a picture!

  9. #409
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Nobody EVER accuses me of having Ni... only Ne...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #410
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Nobody EVER accuses me of having Ni... only Ne...
    What? I can't believe that! You're a massive Ni user!!!

    Surely your true type is INFJ?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Similar Threads

  1. What is the personality type of artist Damien Hirst?
    By curiousel in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 03:23 PM
  2. What is the personality type of Tilda Swinton?
    By curiousel in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
  3. What is the personality type of architect Sir. Frank Lloyd Wright?
    By curiousel in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 10:23 PM
  4. What you've learned about the theory of personalities in the last 6 months?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 01:26 AM
  5. What gives you a personal sense of importance?
    By ladypinkington in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO