User Tag List

Thread: Holiday Shopping & Other Stress

Default Holiday Shopping & Other Stress

Just like the title says, I figured it was appropriate for people to vent and/or share stories about the holidays.

For me, I'm really bad with dates and only realized yesterday (too late) how soon Xmas was. And now I have to run around like a sweaty dork trying to get presents for everyone. I usually cut this WAY TOO SHORT especially for online shopping and do that last minute frenzy of comparing prices, going nuts, running around to stores, finding my items out of stock or unable to ship in time, running around some more, etc.

What do teenage boys like?? Other than video games, because you know, his parents won't like me trying to rot his brain and take him away from his overscheduled life. Shopping for girls of any age is so much easier.

I've done the headless chicken dance every year and this year I'd rather pay full retail and just get it over with then deal with the stress and uncertainty and time packaging it takes to do online shopping. And I'm much more decisive this year! Because I have no time! I have a final in 5 hours!

I am proud to say I currently have 4 out of 10 gifts down! YESSSS! All for family.

I don't buy Xmas gifts for friends. I am a cheap bastard. And so are they. That's why we love each other. In our unmaterialistic way.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

I always buy gifts for my friends AFTER Christmas or at other random points in the year!

I have no clue what teenage boys like- I drew my 13 year old cousin last year in the family drawing and ended up getting him a Barnes and Noble gift certificate, which totally pleased him!

And you're ahead of me on shopping- I've only gotten 2 people taken care of out of the 6 that I have to get! (it doesn't help that my dad's birthday is also in December and I had to get a gift for that as well!)- so good job!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Does he read? My nephew, who's not a teen yet (10 yo), is devouring the Warrior Series - books about clans of wild cats. He's also into astronomy and geology.

Is he into spr0ts? Usually those kinds of gifts are well received.

If you can't think of anything there is always the 'gift card' way out.

This signature left intentionally blank.

homo-loving sonovagun Array anii's Avatar

Mine's already done.

Ahhh... the magic of the internet. You young'uns don't know how good you've got it. I remember when schlepping to the mall and back was our only option.

Wow. I've just done the "when I was your age..." thing. I'm officially an Old Fart.