User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*thumbs up to pink*

I WAS a jock in high school and I realized later what effect the whole clique and popularity system had on others after talking to a classmate in line at the gas station! I felt really bad about that and have tried to be inclusive of everyone since then- if the system makes people feel left out they might altogether leave, which will make this board less interesting- like sitting at the jock's table in HS.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    *thumbs up to pink*

I WAS a jock in high school and I realized later what effect the whole clique and popularity system had on others after talking to a classmate in line at the gas station! I felt really bad about that and have tried to be inclusive of everyone since then- if the system makes people feel left out they might altogether leave, which will make this board less interesting- like sitting at the jock's table in HS.

I woulda liked you.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I woulda liked you.
    I would have liked you too! I tried to talk to everyone in HS, but somehow remained unaware until later of the effects that the system had on some people

I guess I'm just repentant about my past ways in wanting to get rid of the reputations system, or at least the popularity contest aspect!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

This glimpse into American high-school social dynamics intrigues me. Can women actually be jocks? If so, do they do so by playing sport, or by dating male jocks?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    This glimpse into American high-school social dynamics intrigues me. Can women actually be jocks? If so, do they do so by playing sport, or by dating male jocks?
    both- and I fell into both categories!

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I would have liked you too! I tried to talk to everyone in HS, but somehow remained unaware until later of the effects that the system had on some people

I guess I'm just repentant about my past ways in wanting to get rid of the reputations system, or at least the popularity contest aspect!
    Hey, it's okay. I had friends that I was tight with who weren't even vaguely aware of the hostile undercurrent at one school I went to. I was always being caught in the crossfire and dragged into the Principal's office for things I didn't do. She once snapped "If anyone knows what's going on here, it's YOU, Pink! You're in the middle of everything!" I thought that was pretty paranoid and to her so. I was rousted out of class on several occasions by the faculty to pump me for information about the wars between the sects. Yes, I knew what was happening. Yes, I knew the people involved. Yes, I realize I'm going to hell for wearing a Harley-Davidson t-shirt and tight pants. NO, I'm not telling you JACK. Years later, one of my good friends and I were talking about that place, and he seemed to have these weirdly rosy memories of it. I was like "Dude. The catfights. The melees in the cafeteria. The punch-ups. The ugly rows with the teachers. Jenny Z. getting shut in a locker for half an hour?!" and he was like "It wasn't as bad for me as it was for you, Pink."

I was kind of astonished.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post

I know it seems cliche, but my school experiences were exactly like something out of "The Breakfast Club". I was friends with guys like John Bender and Alison.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    yupp

I had three good friends and maybe two or three just friends in highschool then one dropped out another graduated and the third was in the hospital my senior year. I was so lonely that year I hated that year, I was never one to be popular. I didn't care about that I just needed a friend most people thought I did all these drugs but really I was probably the best behaved out of the bunch. It turns out (I found this out later) that everyone thought I was herion addict nevermind that I've never touched the stuff. Yeah so highschool is a big popularity contest but I never really tried to make myself known nor did I care.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Everyone thought I was a drinking, smoking, ex-con-dating hardcase. Found that out years later. *shrugs* I was as clean cut as it got. My friends were a mess though. And who knows about the heroin, Prpl. Probably just some stupid rumor made up about you to amuse the mouth-breathering social underbelly that didn't know anything about you.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yes- the popular crowd is always ready to say horrible things about other people in order to make sure that there are no challengers in the realm of popularity. I'm really sorry about that! I personally tried not to insult anyone who didn't piss me off first, but now I feel bad anyways! thanks guys!