User Tag List

First 234

Oberon

I was a smart guy AND a jock and for all that not the most popular guy in high school. Socially I was second-tier. I knew all the popular people and could interact with them, but I could not really be part of that group.

I think the reason was mainly that I wasn't willing to put in the time.

MBTI
    INTJ

At my school, being white practically made you either a prep/jock or a goth since we made up a relatively small percentage of the school (10 percentish, roughly 1500 total people per grade). I moved between both, mostly in the latter.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I guess i got lucky. I went to a school where everyone seemed to get along. I went to a magnet school for performing arts. The jocks were all also theatre kids or in choir or band, so everyone just got along it was great. I can't remember disliking anyone or ever having anyone make fun of me. We were all friends.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I was the main focus of a school bombing rumour for most of the time I was at highschool. the biggest flare up of it happened around the time of the colenbine shootings. I was in grade 10 at the time. The plan in the rumour was that I'd rig the school and set it off while my friend would carry a shotgun and keep people from escaping. Even the school staff was in on it along with some parents till a cop came and talked to me and my parents one night. I was no more likely to blow the school up than any of the other brains there...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

I was a head banger. I had a few close friends but talked to everyone. I could sit with and talk to the Preps, Jocks, Freaks, Geeks, Misfits and anyone else that was around. I didn't know everyone but I talked to everyone. I knew most people as dude or girl. Almost everyone new me by either my name or several nicknames people would call me including hippie, Satan, or axel.

I remember I would walk down the hallways and everywhere I went I would always be greeted with "what's up Sam", "Hey Sam", "Hi Sam" by just about everyone in the hallway but I didn't know any of them. I would just smile and say "what's up dude" or something generic.

I had and still have a huge disrespect for anyone who abuses their power and I will become very vocal and confrontational about it. I was the problem child to most adults but one funny SOB to the student body. The teachers that were fair and laid back usually loved me while the strict and unfair teachers hated me.

There were more than a few teachers that kept a checklist at their desks just for me. I would walk into the class and they would ask if I had my book, my pencil, my paper, eraser, black ink pen etc... If I were to tell them I didn't have a black ink pen but I had a blue one I was sent to the office.

The office was a great hangout. All my good friends would end up there sooner or later on their way to in-house which was also a really fun place to be (not including my 9th grade year.... bad memories). I had several principals that would usually just look at me grin, and shake their heads telling me to wait for the bell and go to my next class. Except one really wanted to give me pops. Every day he would ask me if I wanted in-house or pops. Everyday my answer was party house...errr in-house. All except for once...man did I regret that I never seen a man so happy in my life the dude was an ex-baseball coach and I swear we swung like he was hitting a home run, lifted the leg and everything.

High school was great for me. I can't for the life of me figure out why I skipped my entire first 11th grade year (- first six weeks). It must have been the alcohol, drugs, and late night parties.
    ahhhh those were the days.

MBTI
    ENTJ

It all started leading kids to more interesting activities at birthday parties. Hey, who cares about fishing ducks? Let's go and watch the big sister get undressed.

At high school I was a rebel who didn't hesitate to show to teachers what NT horsepower is. I didn't need to be in the established cliques, the cliques leaders and myself were often great friends. I achieved stardom by playing rock gigs at school and showing off my solo guitar skillz.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    It all started leading kids to more interesting activities at birthday parties. Hey, who cares about fishing ducks? Let's go and watch the big sister get undressed.

At high school I was a rebel who didn't hesitate to show to teachers what NT horsepower is. I didn't need to be in the established cliques, the cliques leaders and myself were often great friends. I achieved stardom by playing rock gigs at school and showing off my solo guitar skillz.
    Kenny?

I'm guessing not but it sure would be cool as hell.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know, the crowds I hung out were mostly goth or goth-like in their taste of music and film. But I never wore any kind of uniform to look goth.

They also enjoyed my Sieg Heils I did in the school hallway...full of angry black people. But the thing is, that only fueled my laughter!

In all fairness, I was actually cool with some of the black people in high school, because they read between the lines and knew my underlying motives. They agreed that black pride (or black extremism) was no different from white pride or white extremism.

I think during my senior year, I was being seen as more acceptable by peers. They seemed to enjoy me for my wit. But I don't know, I lost touch with everyone after graduating, because I only hung out with them in school, not outside of school.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by samIam View Post
    Kenny?

I'm guessing not but it sure would be cool as hell.
    I don't know who that Kenny boy is but he sounds like fun.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I drifted through high school in my own little world, I think. I don't really remember it that well. :P

I was part of quite a random group of people... It was kind of the 'smart' group, but I think it was mostly made up of the people who didn't quite fit anywhere else, although several of them hung out with other groups, too. *shrug*

I honestly didn't find high school bad at all as far as cliques and the like... I just recall a bunch of groups... of about 10, maybe 15 girls each (I went to a private girls school). There were the 'goths', if you will (it's hard to be a goth wearing a uniform, but they were also some of the nicest girls in the year ), then us, and the rest were sort of variations of the same thing - y'know, a bunch of typical teenage girls.

I don't even know if there was a group that was more 'popular' than the rest - I never really spoke to those girls, but there wasn't any reason behind it. We just never came across each other. On the odd occasions I did need to talk to them, I don't recall any emnity. Some of them even surprised me by greeting me warmly a couple years after graduation.

In some ways, considering we all had to wear uniforms and the school was pretty strict on even accessories ("Hairties must be the colour of your hair, white or black ONLY." ), there couldn't be any pecking order based on who was most fashionable. Vortex's description sounds sort of similar...

Anyway, I don't remember too much of that sort of thing, like I said, I must have spent a whole lot of time in my own imagination, or something. I even seemed to escape the crises that occured within our own group.

But interestingly enough, my INTP friend refuses to even set foot on the school campus again - she loathed the place, and a lot of the other girls in our year.

So you get differing stories, even of quite a similar experience.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp