Page 96 of 729 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196596 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Why do people think that saying "I have a right to my opinion" means that their opinion is on an equal standing with everyone else's? If your opinion is fucking stupid, then it's fucking stupid. The fact that it's your stupid fucking opinion means absolutely nothing when it comes time for others to evaluate it. Having a right to your opinion means nothing more than that no one can stop you from thinking something or expressing what you think, even if it is so heinously stupid that I want to rip my own eyeballs out. It doesn't mean that all opinions are equal, or that your opinion is immune from criticism. Bah, FFS what have people been taught?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

ThatGirl

I think I got a virus......NOT FUNNY :steam:

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I hate writing critical/persuasive essays!!! Gah. I've been getting C's on them since sophomore year of high school and it's just not getting any better!! You can tell me a million times that it needs to be better organized, more detail here, less detail there...I'm not getting it.

Seriously considering making a gigantic abstracted painting and turning that in instead.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Dear parents of 5-9 year-olds that spend 11 hours at my school everyday as well as vacations only to be picked up by auntie and passed on to someone else,

Parent.

Signed,
    Imnotyourkidsmother

ThatGirl

Dear Parent Advisor,

How do you expect them to provide a roof over the head?

Deal

Signed,
    Ipayyoutobewhatiamtoobusydoingotherthingsbutknowis stillimportandsoshush.

Quote Originally Posted by Vie View Post
    So. A guy that I was seeing three months ago, sort of, is now getting married and having a baby.
    Which is pretty shitty, but for some reason I'm jealous. Even though I had no interest in him at the time, because I am so stuck up another guys' non-literal ass.
    Why am I jealous!?!? O_________O
    Because it is the unspoken opinion of all great women that the romantic debris floundering in our wake must pine for us until they resemble hunger strikers till the end of times.

I admit, this may be one of our more unreasonable expectations.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Dear Parent Advisor,

How do you expect them to provide a roof over the head?

Deal

Signed,
    Ipayyoutobewhatiamtoobusydoingotherthingsbutknowis stillimportandsoshush.
    I didn't mean to offend you or moralize. I'm really fed up with the parents at my job atm. There are many parents there who don't have jobs, and spend all day "looking for jobs" for months, don't pay to have their kids there, and are late picking them up. It's really been getting to me... I feel bad for the kids. But you're right. I apologize.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Dear body,

Why do you keep on insisting I give you food? I am drinking PLENTY of alcohol, just use those calories!

Senior Member Array FakePlasticAlice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you couldn't or didn't want to be a part of the production you should have made that clear before now. It's not like you didn't know we were in a jam, it's not like we weren't willing to work around your schedule. For 2 weeks we've been doing what we could without you and anxiously waiting for your return. And NOW you up and quit?!? We could have spent that time looking for someone to replace you! ARGGGGGGGG....actors.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I am getting sick of politicians that screw over the middle and working class citizens and ultimately favor big businesses which the middle class and working class do not benefit from, rather some wealthy CEO someplace is raking in all the money for himself/herself. Quit shipping the jobs overseas and bring them back to America. Quit putting in quick fixes to generate job growth... which really isn't true job growth, if the majority of it is low paying temp jobs. The system is failing to benefit all people, the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer. The economy cannot survive just on temp jobs, and we've got a huge deficit sitting over our heads. Wake up America and stop glistening yourself with Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga music and take the reigns of the nation that is likely to sink into an economic hole. It's a nation FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE, not for corporations sitting in their ivory towers.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche